Author Topic: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US  (Read 9430 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US
« on: September 23, 2017, 11:03:37 am »

President Donald Trump slammed the NFL this evening for what he called the league's tolerance of players showing disrespect to the U.S.

Speaking to a crowd in Huntsville, Alabama, where Trump is campaigning for Luther Strange ahead of the Senate runoff for the Republican primary, Trump insisted the NFL take a stronger stance.

"Wouldn’t you love to see one of the NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say 'Get that son of a b---- off the field right now?'" he continued to thunderous applause and cheers.

"You know, some owner ... is going to say, 'That guy who disrespects our flag, he’s fired,'" Trump said.

Trump went on to encourage people to "leave the stadium" to protest people doing things like kneeling during the national anthem. "I guarantee things will stop," he said.

He also seemed to suggest efforts to prevent injuries were "ruining the game."

"Because you know today if you hit too hard: Fifteen yards. Throw him out of the game," Trump said. "... They want to hit. It is hurting the game."

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-slams-nfl-tolerating-players-disrespect-us/story?id=50033600

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 11:04:25 am »
This is where I wish Trump would shut up and mind his own business.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 11:10:03 am »

The concept of there being MILLIONS of American voters who don't care for Donald Trump is easy to understand for all of us.

Likewise, the concept of there being MILLION of NFL fans who are sick and damned tired of being sick and damned tired with all this SJW bullsh*t.

President Trump....the plain-speaking POTUS...LOVE IT!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 11:50:22 am »
Redskins player rips Trump for attacking NFL players protests
By Post Sports Desk
NY Post
September 23, 2017 | 1:49am

With every action comes a reaction.

And with every President Trump speech or tweet comes a response.

At a campaign rally Friday night for Sen. Luther Strange in Alabama Friday night, Trump said NFL owners should fire players who don’t stand for the national anthem. He also noted the NFL’s poor TV ratings and lamented that refs are ruining the game.

At least one NFL player lashed back later in the night as Redskins linebacker Zach Brown took to Twitter and told Trump to “stay in [your] place.”

“… Football have nothing to do wit u smh,” Brown tweeted.

Brown was a second-team All-Pro in 2016 and also made his first trip to the Pro Bowl.
So now Trump can tweet about this guy, and the player can tweet back, and the dance continues.  **nononono*

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 12:01:11 pm »
“… Football have nothing to do wit u smh,” Brown tweeted.

And politics have [sic] nothing to do with football, either, so stand up
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 12:50:47 pm »

Are a black social justice warrior?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 12:58:22 pm »
Trump was an owner in the old USFL,  I believe a part-owner:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said something not altogether unlike what Trump has said.

Thursday night, the Rams and 49ers played but one of the articles posted on this website said both teams were involved in protests and that's a big downer. The Rams have got some nice new uniforms too, that yellow but I didn't watch the game.

Fans have a right to speak at the least. The NFL is losing fans.  Thankfully nobody on my favorite team has done any of this yet and if one individual acted up; I don't think the whole rest of the team should be dissed necessarily, it's just that one person.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 01:01:06 pm »
He also seemed to suggest efforts to prevent injuries were "ruining the game."

"Because you know today if you hit too hard: Fifteen yards. Throw him out of the game," Trump said. "... They want to hit. It is hurting the game."

The verdict is really coming in; a lot of these players are being hurt by concussions and the like BUT, they make that choice. I have an acquaintance who played college ball, he got 3 knee replacements by his late 20s.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 01:01:42 pm »
With Trump on this one.  The last president fomented racial hatred and failed to address the pathology in black neighborhoods. This president has a chance to tell the leftist morons their idiocy won't be approved or tolerated.
Basically, it's up to the various sports leagues to address the problem.  NFL commish Goodell, who has let all the on field protests slide, is up for renewal of his contract. Hopefully, the owners throw him out on his rearend. 
Obama would probably have joined the SJWs on the fields and courts or given tacit approval in so many words. At least this president acknowledges most Americans are fed up with the coddled whiners and complainers.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 01:09:55 pm »
Are a black social justice warrior?

I'm ambivalent on whether or not Trump should have spoken out on this. But it does highlight the typical, well known double standard of the Leftist snowflakes. When they 'protest' it is always justified no matter how violent or ridiculous their protest is.

However, when anyone dares to protest the protesters, they are automatically totally out-of-line and, of course, racist (what isn't racist these days?). Disagreement with anything or anyone on the Left is automatically deemed to be what they call 'hate'. They say this openly. And if they could, they would gleefully throw people in jail simply for disagreeing with them. They are totalitarians.

Had Trump spoken out in favor of the protests and the Black Lives Kill movement, as Obama did, everything would be fine. But in the closed world of Leftism, nobody is 'allowed' to disagree with anything they do or say. In a way, Trump was only doing the same thing the protesters are doing, but in reverse.

And, as usual, the snowflakes start crying like babies. They cannot comprehend that anything they do may have personal consequences much like 5 year old children.

All Trump said was that these people should be thrown out of the game. Many of the people who are so called, 'protesting', have supported the idea that President Trump should be executed. So the difference in vitriol, the difference in violent rhetoric is not even comparable. The Left has no problem dishing it out, but they can't tolerate even one-tenth of what they routinely dish-out on a daily basis.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 01:17:53 pm »
I'm ambivalent on whether or not Trump should have spoken out on this. . . .

All Trump said was . . .

Perhaps if he'd made it clear he was speaking as a private citizen and not as POTUS, I'd feel better about it. It rubs me wrong for government to get involved in a business.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 01:30:31 pm »
Perhaps if he'd made it clear he was speaking as a private citizen and not as POTUS, I'd feel better about it. It rubs me wrong for government to get involved in a business.
I'll give you points for that.  Trump probably could have mentioned the situation obliquely and simply stated many people should be happy to live in the  U.S. making millions for playing a sport without him, Trump, saying that protesting players should be fired. I'm still okay with the overall message.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 01:46:00 pm »

@Suppressed
So its wrong for the President of the United States to condemn anti-American behavior?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 01:58:42 pm »
President Donald Trump criticizes NFL player protests, says fans should exit stadiums
ESPN, Sep 22, 2017, Kevin Seifert

President Donald Trump criticized NFL players who lodge protests during the pregame national anthem, saying Friday night that he wished those players would be released and encouraging fans who are offended to walk out of stadiums.

Speaking at a political rally in Huntsville, Alabama, Trump said: "Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a b---- off the field right now. Out. He's fired! He's fired!"

Trump said the protests, which became public last year when then-San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick knelt for the national anthem during a preseason game, are "hurting the game."

Trump didn't mention Kaepernick or any other NFL player specifically during the speech.

Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the 49ers during the offseason. He has not been signed by a new team since then. Several players have continued to protest during the anthem this season.

"The only thing you could do better," Trump said, "is if you see it, even if it's just one player, leave the stadium. I guarantee things will stop. Things will stop. Just pick up and leave. Pick up and leave. Not the same game anymore, anyway."

Read more:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20788354/president-donald-trump-speaks-nfl-player-protests

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 02:01:58 pm »
The concept of there being MILLIONS of American voters who don't care for Donald Trump is easy to understand for all of us.

Likewise, the concept of there being MILLION of NFL fans who are sick and damned tired of being sick and damned tired with all this SJW bullsh*t.

President Trump....the plain-speaking POTUS...LOVE IT!

Yup.  The President has always had a way of saying what's on everyone's mind.   ^-^

@DCPatriot

Offline jpsb

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 02:03:31 pm »
And Rodger says

"The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month. Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities."

Why should anyone respect an organization that allows its' employees to diss
the flag, the country and the vets during working hours?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:08:13 pm by jpsb »

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 02:15:37 pm »
Yup.  The President has always had a way of saying what's on everyone's mind.   ^-^

@DCPatriot

:bigsilly:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 02:25:01 pm »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 02:38:39 pm »
@Suppressed
So its wrong for the President of the United States to condemn anti-American behavior?

@driftdiver

I didn't say that.

That's not what he did.  In his usual clumsy way, like a guy with a cleaver in a surgical ward, he didn't just condemn the anti-American behavior; he instead pontificated on how a business should run its operations.

I happen to agree with his sentiment.  But the point is, that's not the role of POTUS; that's the private citizen campaigning for someone.  We have such blurred lines, though.
+++++++++

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 02:41:15 pm »
@driftdiver

I didn't say that.

That's not what he did.  In his usual clumsy way, like a guy with a cleaver in a surgical ward, he didn't just condemn the anti-American behavior; he instead pontificated on how a business should run its operations.

I happen to agree with his sentiment.  But the point is, that's not the role of POTUS; that's the private citizen campaigning for someone.  We have such blurred lines, though.

@Suppressed

Reactions why yours are an example of why conservatism has been sidelined and powerless.

Screw these anti American bastards and the NFL who is encouraging them.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 02:42:23 pm »
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: Trump's 'divisive' comments show lack of respect for the NFL
by Daniel Chaitin | Sep 23, 2017, 9:40 AM

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell rebuked President Trump for calling on NFL players that protest the national anthem to be fired, saying that his comments are "divisive."

"The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month," Goodell said in a statement Saturday morning. "Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-trumps-divisive-comments-show-lack-of-respect-for-the-nfl/article/2635379
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 02:45:18 pm »
This will be another comment that pushes people away and I mean Goodell's comment.

This is the difference between switching on a game between 2 teams that one might not really like on the Thurs, Sunday or Monday night games or just skipping it altogether.

I'm usually for "free speech" but this is just petulance.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 02:50:05 pm »
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: Trump's 'divisive' comments show lack of respect for the NFL
by Daniel Chaitin | Sep 23, 2017, 9:40 AM

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell rebuked President Trump for calling on NFL players that protest the national anthem to be fired, saying that his comments are "divisive."

"The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month," Goodell said in a statement Saturday morning. "Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-trumps-divisive-comments-show-lack-of-respect-for-the-nfl/article/2635379

Did Goodell really criticise Trump for being disrespectful and divisive? Unbelievable.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 02:50:32 pm »
@Suppressed

Reactions why yours are an example of why conservatism has been sidelined and powerless.

Screw these anti American bastards and the NFL who is encouraging them.

Powerless? So far, the NFL networks are looking at a $200 million decline in viewership.

The players have a right to protest, and we are exercising our right to not watch. NFL is defecating bricks over the Chargers, and their less than tepid arrival in LA.

The silent majority, i.e. conservatives, are engaged in their own way.

I no longer care what Trump says, we knew this was what we were getting when he was elected. That's why my cable news viewing is 10% of what it has been in the past, and my votes no longer go to Republicans. They all voted for McConnell and Ryan as their leaders, they can rot for all I care.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 02:52:09 pm »
The President's duty too is to speak for Americans.

Some people appreciate the raw honesty and for some reason, it has an affect versus, say if Pence or some of the others said this.