Author Topic: ATF Nixes the AutoGlove  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
ATF Nixes the AutoGlove
« on: September 21, 2017, 10:47:49 pm »
The Truth about Guns by  Dan Zimmerman  September 20, 2017

Remember the AutoGlove we announced about a month back? Well the ATF has put a stop to that.

On 9/16/2017, we received some disappointing news from the ATF.  The ATF tested the AutoGlove and responded with an unfavorable determination.  The bottom line is, the ATF determined the AutoGlove may not be used or possessed by individuals and for this reason, we have issued 100% refunds to every person that ordered an AutoGlove. …

While we respectfully disagree with the ATFs determination, as the AutoGlove was not tested in accordance with our design criteria or provided instructions/limitations, we will NOT appeal the ATFs determination.

As we have always stated, it was never our intention to thumb our nose at the ATF or NFA regulations, we were simply trying to develop a device that could work within the existing construct of the laws to create a device that could assist a person with pulling the trigger rapidly, whether it be a paintball gun, nail gun, or firearm. (The AutoGlove had many uses!)

More: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/09/daniel-zimmerman/vedder-holsters-daily-digest-95/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPWuyP5AwTk&feature=youtu.be

Offline Forum member

Re: ATF Nixes the AutoGlove
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 11:09:31 pm »
You could also get good at picking a banjo. Works for me.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: ATF Nixes the AutoGlove
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 11:45:22 pm »
So just another 'bump fire' gimmick?

Glad the ATF doesn't realize there are a dozen ways to home concoct bump firing tricks within minutes from stuff laying around your garage. Hell, someone with practice can bump fire without any modifications or accessories, just holding the gun right. (never seemed safe to me so I never tried).