Author Topic: Google's Chrome browser is actively censoring what you can and what you are not allowed to see  (Read 1383 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Click on this link using Chrome.
http://thepoliticalinsider.com/robert-byrd-statue/

Now, click on the link using another browser other than Chrome, like Explorer.

It comes up with no problem.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. In fact, it has become routine. Whenever Chrome says, 'You are not allowed to read this.' I simply switch to another browser and the page pops right up.

Apparently, Google is expanding their militant effort to suppress free speech to apply to Chrome. We already know that Google censors what comes up on a search term. We have Zucker censoring what you can see on Facebook, and even what you 'allowed' to talk about. We have server farms cancelling websites that they personally do not agree with. And on and on.

It is getting serious. Soon, I imagine that we will not have access to anything that isn't approved by the Internet authorities. Several nations, most notably China, are like that now, with the help of Facebook and Google.

Bottom line is, when a website doesn't load, it doesn't mean there is a technical problem involved. It could very well be net censorship. Don't automatically accept that the page is down. Try to get there by different means. These days, you have to find a way to evade the State Internet Police which are actively trying to control, what you are allowed to see, and what you are 'allowed' to say and think.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
I us Chrome and have no problem opening the link. 

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Same here.

Lib'ruls have obviously infected 240b's computer with some sort of malware.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have Chrome and Edge. the link opened just fine in both for me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don't know. I just tried it now and it is the same for me. With Chrome, I get, "Aw, Snap!"

With explorer, it opens fine.

I don't know. When I worked for government aerospace, we had a term for bugs that had no explanation. We called them 'UA', unexplained anomaly. At this point, this is U.A.

Maybe it is my service provider, or some configuration variable in Chrome that I have set wrong.

I really just don't know?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Ditto. No problem here. Just tried it in a tablet and pc, both with chrome, both no issues. The pc is even my work pc with extra layers of content filtering in the firewall and it worked fine.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I don't know. I just tried it now and it is the same for me. With Chrome, I get, "Aw, Snap!"

With explorer, it opens fine.

I don't know. When I worked for government aerospace, we had a term for bugs that had no explanation. We called them 'UA', unexplained anomaly. At this point, this is U.A.

Maybe it is my service provider, or some configuration variable in Chrome that I have set wrong.

I really just don't know?

In chrome settings, go to privacy and security, check if the automatically send page content setting is turned on. That feature is very buggy. Also if you have the do not track feature turned on, it  could block sites thst require tracking cookies.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I still cannot open the link in Chrome.

It must be something specific to my system or my network. Thanks for the input. It'll be fun to figure out what's wrong.

But, I also tried to open this link, and was denied in Chrome, but it opens in Explorer.
https://ia801608.us.archive.org/14/items/columbo/Columbo.S01E00.1968.Prescription.Murder.720p.BluRay.mp4

This is the San Francisco internet archive website. It is a good place to know.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In chrome settings, go to privacy and security, check if the automatically send page content setting is turned on. That feature is very buggy. Also if you have the do not track feature turned on, it  could block sites thst require tracking cookies.

Yep. dammit! I went to the Chrome settings and hit 'Reset', and now it works. I can't say which particular thing it didn't like, but it was my Chrome settings did not match what the website wanted.

The only odd thing out is, usually the error that comes up will say something about the problem. Such as, "This site requires cookies".

I didn't get any error. It was simply denied. But, yes, you did fix it.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm running a very old system on XP so my version of Chrome is old, but it shows me thee entire page, it's my older version of FireFox that edits out the staue of Byrd. :shrug: