Author Topic: IT HAS BEGUN: Vandals Behead Statue Of Saint Junipero Serra  (Read 1088 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
IT HAS BEGUN: Vandals Behead Statue Of Saint Junipero Serra
« on: September 14, 2017, 12:40:15 am »

IT HAS BEGUN: Vandals Behead Statue Of Saint Junipero Serra
"When he died, many native peoples came to the mission for his burial."

ByPaul Bois
@PaulBois39
September 13, 2017
36.1k views

Leftist vandals did not satisfy their bloodlust with the removal of Confederate statues; they've now begun their assault on religious figures that triggers their social justice warrior sensitivities. Last month, they attacked a statue of recently canonized St. Junipero Serra with red paint and a swastika, this month they have beheaded the beloved saint.

According to SFGate, "a bronze statue of the Roman Catholic priest Junipero Serra at the Old Santa Barbara Mission was decapitated and doused with red paint on Sunday night or early Monday morning."

more
http://www.dailywire.com/news/21015/it-has-begun-vandals-behead-statue-saint-junipero-paul-bois
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Re: IT HAS BEGUN: Vandals Behead Statue Of Saint Junipero Serra
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 02:38:33 am »
Not realy necessary to include the fact that it is leftists in the article. Leftists are destructive by nature. Largely and increasingly, they find reasons to justify their violence posthaste.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 03:00:07 am »
This is awful. The mission churches are an interesting and important part of the history.

The Santa Barbara one, is very scenic and beautiful. Hispanics in California, whether native born or recent immigrants,, are predominantly Catholic.

Knott's Berry Farm, had an exhibit which was a trail with miniature scale models of the missions which were said to be a one day burro ride apart, so Fr. Serra could travel from one to the next. (He was lame.) Serra was operating under guidance from Spain, not from the dastardly USA.

This is like the Taliban destroying a Buddhist monument in Afghanistan, or maybe the communists down Chiapas way might blow u some Aztec ruins.

Crimes like this defacing of a public statue should be very serious felonies. This is probably an offshoot of Antifa, btw.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 01:23:47 pm »
This is awful. The mission churches are an interesting and important part of the history.

The Santa Barbara one, is very scenic and beautiful. Hispanics in California, whether native born or recent immigrants,, are predominantly Catholic.

Knott's Berry Farm, had an exhibit which was a trail with miniature scale models of the missions which were said to be a one day burro ride apart, so Fr. Serra could travel from one to the next. (He was lame.) Serra was operating under guidance from Spain, not from the dastardly USA.

This is like the Taliban destroying a Buddhist monument in Afghanistan, or maybe the communists down Chiapas way might blow u some Aztec ruins.

Crimes like this defacing of a public statue should be very serious felonies. This is probably an offshoot of Antifa, btw.

Very nicely put, sieur.

One could add from the psychological perspective that for those who feel powerless (such as far-leftist extremists in an increasingly radical-unfriendly world) violent acts may serve to assuage impotent anxiety. People who feel weak frequently try to make themselves feel better through all sorts of indirect means such as arson, vandalism, random assault, destruction of public works/buildings.

The far left deliberatey promulgates feelings of powerlessness to the public - in hopes that their anxiety will propel them into the arms of the 'Crats, who offer to use government force to "help" and to "protect" them from the (ficticious) evil forces that are (they say) "holding people back" and "denying them things like prosperity to which they are entitled".

It's sort of like, "if I can't have  peace and prosperity in my life, then I will deny it to others". Sort of the brother to the hackneyed leftist justification for rioting/murdering innocent people (like law enforcement officers), "No justice! No peace".

Violence against others ( such as murder by ambush) is among the easiest crimes to commit.  Next to vandalism and arson of course. So such crimes appeal to cacogens who indulge in feelings of victimhood and powerlessness like others snack on candy or sip wine. Permanent Victim Status confers upon many disenfranchised people (seen in abundance in the left's constituency) a sense of infinite entitlement to commit acts of wanton violence. See, it makes them FEEL better to destroy things of value or which are precious to others, and for feeling/intuition-centered people, a strong feeling is all they need to feel 100% justified.

In many ways, leftists and other Permanent Victims are much like animals - who act according to feelings without much influence from their thinking centers. Rodent-monkeys can be very thoughtless, impulsive, destructive creatures especially when driven by psychotic ideas-of-reference, such as 'Crat driven myths of grievous persecution / subjugation by non -existent "bad people who are out to get them".   
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:27:23 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 04:33:37 pm »
The old, "they came after the (fill in the blank) and I did nothing" comes into play here. Remember this all started with one little flag flying on SC capital grounds. In such a short time look what it grew into. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 08:17:53 pm »
I wonder if the people who did this spoke Spanish?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline anubias

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 08:28:44 pm »
Their nannies might have taught them as children.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 08:30:51 pm »
These kinds of "progressive" movements always begin this way - they start with confederate statues, move on to founding fathers, if not decisively stopped things will deteriorate and soon they'll be digging up bodies in cemeteries and burning churches.

After that they start dragging people out of their houses.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 08:30:56 pm »
The brown shirts are here.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 08:53:02 pm »
Disgusting.  "Antifa" is a sick joke - these folks are fascists themselves. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 09:02:07 pm »
A bit of timing irony. Yesterday I was in the town where I grew up, which is now above 50 percent Hispanic, here in SoCal.

Several of my very oldest friends are classmates, including Hispanics. Their parents and grandparents,  lived in campos because their families came to work in agriculture.

They have pride in the neighborhoods of their families, however poor and subject to discrimination.

Academics have written books about the Hispanic agriculture "village" experiences. I referred a woman to one such book, yesterday. She said thanks, not gracias.

On both sides of the ethnicity, we are horrified that a statue would be disfigured. I told my wife about it and she was horrified. She is a Catholic, and we have visited older church buildings and enjoy the beauty and history.

If these people that destroy property think they gain political advantage, they are flat wrong.

In fact after the November election results came in and people on the left started their violent freak outs, I cheered them on. The conservative side wins, when the left shows their true colors.

Hillary and Sanders and Antifa are connected to those who get violent at rallies, and who disfigure statues.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 10:40:05 pm »
A large part of this violence seems to be really mindless - what psychologists call "infantile rage" - or a desire to "see the world burn" (to quote a line from a recent film). In infants, that sort of blind, irrational rage is normal but it is also normal to grow out of it. If infantile rage occurs in anyone older than infants, it's considered at best, unhealthy. If it occurs in an adult over time, one must then consider the possibility of anti-social or even psychopathic tendencies.

What is probably most disturbing to normal people is this beheading stuff. Execution by torture is considered barbaric by all civilized cultures and is only practiced by people who could only really be described as either insane or Satanic or both.

We have seen how leftists, most recently a far leftist "comedian" Kathy Griffin, affiliate themselves with beheading - as if it is somehow a funny or legitimate thing. 

Just as troubling is the fact that in line with deranged or evil people/organizations that utilize terrorism to accomplish ideological/political objectives, there is no rational positive benefit associated with the use of terrorism - it does not achieve any success for those who employ it but rather, tends to be counter-productive to achieving any sort of political objective - i.e., it turns people who might otherwise be sympathetic to them away from them.

One would hope that such incidents such as Kathy Griffin's idiocy or this latest "beheading" event are simply spasms of acting out by disturbed people, not something that indicates a popular trend in leftists generally. But the lack of condemnation of such things or at best, a reluctant, diffident expression of what amounts to disappointment, really is cause for belief that it might be worse than that. Just as many Muslims tacit support and condone terrorism (roughly 10-30% by recent estimates based on polling of Muslims) there may be a large (and growing) contingent of leftists who also turn a willing blind eye to terrorist acts like this, because they are sympathetic to the causes which the perpetrators espouse.

In that case, if history is any gauge, they can expect a fairly major blowback politically and in general disapproval from the public as a result of the use of terrorist acts to further radical leftist causes.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:40:29 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 11:08:59 pm »
Hopefully the violent  idiots will easily be associated with the (democrats) left, and it will help conservatives/Republicans.

I think it did in 1968, 1972, 1980 and 1984.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 11:17:26 pm »
A large part of this violence seems to be really mindless - what psychologists call "infantile rage" - or a desire to "see the world burn" (to quote a line from a recent film). In infants, that sort of blind, irrational rage is normal but it is also normal to grow out of it. If infantile rage occurs in anyone older than infants, it's considered at best, unhealthy. If it occurs in an adult over time, one must then consider the possibility of anti-social or even psychopathic tendencies.
Virtually every vision of the future on this planet presented by Hollywood and other media has people shuffling through a dystopian world, sifting ashes or killing others for dwindling resources. With no model of building a better world in their vision of the future, those who experience frustration (whatever the source, real or imagined) look forward to burning down the present paradigm and envision themselves as the dominant survivors, however unrealistic that vision may be.
What is probably most disturbing to normal people is this beheading stuff. Execution by torture is considered barbaric by all civilized cultures and is only practiced by people who could only really be described as either insane or Satanic or both.
A possible offshoot of their love affair with radical Islam (also a destroyer of civilizations and even the traces thereof), or possibly an extension of their love affair with destruction.
We have seen how leftists, most recently a far leftist "comedian" Kathy Griffin, affiliate themselves with beheading - as if it is somehow a funny or legitimate thing. 
Th left has been altering the American sense of humor with the laugh track and edgy stuff that tends to make people uneasy, which provokes uneasy laughter. After a while people who tend to laugh when others do (the significance of the laugh track) think what provoked laughter is funny, even though by then the behaviour is more pavlovian. SOme will come to regard the sickness as humorous and propagate it.
Just as troubling is the fact that in line with deranged or evil people/organizations that utilize terrorism to accomplish ideological/political objectives, there is no rational positive benefit associated with the use of terrorism - it does not achieve any success for those who employ it but rather, tends to be counter-productive to achieving any sort of political objective - i.e., it turns people who might otherwise be sympathetic to them away from them.
All the more progress toward total destruction, while the people in the background wait to crush the rebellion and impose totalitarianism. Either way, some people will gain more power and wealth.
One would hope that such incidents such as Kathy Griffin's idiocy or this latest "beheading" event are simply spasms of acting out by disturbed people, not something that indicates a popular trend in leftists generally. But the lack of condemnation of such things or at best, a reluctant, diffident expression of what amounts to disappointment, really is cause for belief that it might be worse than that. Just as many Muslims tacit support and condone terrorism (roughly 10-30% by recent estimates based on polling of Muslims) there may be a large (and growing) contingent of leftists who also turn a willing blind eye to terrorist acts like this, because they are sympathetic to the causes which the perpetrators espouse.

In that case, if history is any gauge, they can expect a fairly major blowback politically and in general disapproval from the public as a result of the use of terrorist acts to further radical leftist causes.
When the blood runs in the streets, 'decent' people will cry loud and long for order to be restored, by any means. That's when the totalitarians move in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 11:40:30 pm »
Why isn't this considered a hate crime?

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 12:03:31 am »
One might presume it is deemed to be justified, since it is done by an oppressed minority, against an oppressor.

At the least partly excusable.

Back in the day, them Amurican injuns could be mighty violent in their own right.

They killed two of my grandfathers. Yet I am not even mad or angry.

George Ricker (Ricart), killed 1706 Maine  or New Hampsire, killed together with his brother Maturin

Athe Meeks, killed 1812 Indiana. His son (Athe II) injured

Google it.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 12:16:20 am »

Insufficient evidence so far. If they catch who did it and it's discovered it was done out of hatred for Catholics, it might be prosecuted as a hate crime regardless of their ethnicity.

Even though the Spanish largely qualify genetically as white, because they speak Spanish, most people don't consider Spanish people to be white. Spaniards would be considered ethnically Hispanic (obviously) so if a non-Hispanic person did this deed, they might be prosecuted under hate crime statutes if evidence was found that they hated Latinos or as mentioned, Catholics or Christians in general. Criminal acts motivated by racial or religious bigotry are in the statute. Criminal acts motivated by political ideology are not.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:26:52 am by LateForLunch »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 12:46:25 am »
Insufficient evidence so far. If they catch who did it and it's discovered it was done out of hatred for Catholics, it might be prosecuted as a hate crime regardless of their ethnicity.

Even though the Spanish largely qualify genetically as white, because they speak Spanish, most people don't consider Spanish people to be white. Spaniards would be considered ethnically Hispanic (obviously) so if a non-Hispanic person did this deed, they might be prosecuted under hate crime statutes if evidence was found that they hated Latinos or as mentioned, Catholics or Christians in general. Criminal acts motivated by racial or religious bigotry are in the statute. Criminal acts motivated by political ideology are not.

I'll bet $$$ to donuts the authorities would have no problem identifying a hate crime if I defaced a bust of Cesar Chavez, even though if I were to do such a thing it would be because I hate unions, not hispanics.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 12:50:05 am »
I'll bet $$$ to donuts the authorities would have no problem identifying a hate crime if I defaced a bust of Cesar Chavez, even though if I were to do such a thing it would be because I hate unions, not hispanics.

Not if you had a good lawyer. :laugh: Myself, if I got caught, I'd claim that I thought it was a statue of Cesar Romero and say that I defaced it because I hate hate hate the old Batman T.V. show (which is true).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:52:24 am by LateForLunch »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 01:09:34 am »

This is the Taliban.

Yay for us.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley