Author Topic: Monster Solar Flare Marks 7th Powerful Sun Storm in 7 Days  (Read 3697 times)

rangerrebew

Monster Solar Flare Marks 7th Powerful Sun Storm in 7 Days
« on: September 13, 2017, 02:32:10 pm »
Monster Solar Flare Marks 7th Powerful Sun Storm in 7 Days
By Doris Elin Salazar, Space.com Staff Writer | September 11, 2017 03:31pm ET

The sun fired off yet another powerful solar flare yesterday (Sept. 10), its seventh in seven days.

The flare, which peaked at 12:06 EDT (1606 GMT), covered North and South America in high-energy light. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) released a statement that warned of strong, high-frequency radio blackouts and navigation-system disruption, potentially lasting up to an hour.

https://www.livescience.com/60380-sun-monster-solar-flares-seven-days.html
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:32:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Monster Solar Flare Marks 7th Powerful Sun Storm in 7 Days
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 01:22:18 am »
Does this mean we should expect another one of our Navy ships to crash?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Re: Monster Solar Flare Marks 7th Powerful Sun Storm in 7 Days
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 07:50:51 pm »
An "X" class solar flare releases as much energy as 1 billion hydrogen bombs. On average every 24 hours, Sol irradiates Terra with 30 nonillion watts of EM energy - equivalent to the amount of energy that the human race could generate in 10 million years. Despite this, most AGW fanatics want us to believe that the effects of anthropogenic output of an inert trace gas that is never more than an average .004 % of the total atmosphere CO2 are more powerful than the combined effects of variations in solar output, NATURAL CO2 emissions (which are generally at least 10x those of human beings and often much, much more), natural forest/plains fires, cosmic ray effects on high altitude cloud formation, variations in axial tilt, orbital precession, deep ocean upwelling of methane, natural CO emissions from decay of vegetable matter, variations in water in the atmosphere in humidity, clouds, rain, fog and changes in ocean currents (El Nino, etc) COMBINED.

To believe such an absurdity is more outlandish on its face than the belief that a spit wad can derail a freight train.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:51:47 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)