Author Topic: The Relative Value of $100 in Each State  (Read 2179 times)

rangerrebew

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: The Relative Value of $100 in Each State
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 11:34:24 pm »
Tough to see why people would choose to remain in the Northeast if they have a chance to leave.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:35:42 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 11:39:11 pm »
Interesting map!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 01:48:41 am »
Interesting map!
Yeah, it's what the bicoastals use to justify paying less in flyover country.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 05:00:59 am »
Living in rural areas may be mind-numbing boring at times, but it's easy to live cheap, as well as see grass, trees, and stars.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:05:45 pm »
Living in rural areas may be mind-numbing boring at times, but it's easy to live cheap, as well as see grass, trees, and stars.

No, not even remotely boring.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:07:58 pm »
No, not even remotely boring.
There is always something to do.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

debrawiest

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 02:14:54 pm »

If you're living in a rural area and you're mind-numbingly bored, you're doing it wrong.  :-)
That being said, rural life is not for everybody. There has to be a certain amount of self-sufficiency (and that includes the ability to entertain yourself). 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 02:25:17 pm »
If you're living in a rural area and you're mind-numbingly bored, you're doing it wrong.  :-)
That being said, rural life is not for everybody. There has to be a certain amount of self-sufficiency (and that includes the ability to entertain yourself).

It's only that on occasions, certain times of the year. It's pretty backwater here, but that's all right. Beats what I see going on in the cities.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 02:42:22 pm »
Buy a guitar, make strange noises....

But only if it pleases you to do so. There's enough room you can do it without offending others.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 02:56:50 pm »

I don't find it boring.  I find it relaxing at times, other times the damn bull has jumped the fence, again...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 07:01:38 pm »
I would love to live in a rural area, for two main reasons I love nature and I hate people, well large groups of people you know like more than 5 or 6. But It will never happen, even after mom passes(primary caregiver) the wife will never ever allow us to be far from the kids and grandkids. So I will just be jealous of those of you who can.

And I don't want hear any beotching from a certain party about inappropriate images.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:02:07 pm by GtHawk »

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 07:50:59 pm »
There is always something to do.

Yep.  I can walk a few hundred feet and just go plinking to my hearts content.  Course you can do that in LA, Chicago, NOLA, Phillthy and dozens of other metro areas.... but  in those places it would be called a drive-by.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 07:54:48 pm »
I find it relaxing at times, other times the damn bull has jumped the fence, again...

So it was your bull....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 08:05:14 pm »

So it was your bull....

Now, that's some motivation!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 08:13:55 pm »
Yep.  I can walk a few hundred feet and just go plinking to my hearts content.  Course you can do that in LA, Chicago, NOLA, Phillthy and dozens of other metro areas.... but  in those places it would be called a drive-by.
Not if you're walking. You have to be rolling, dude.....

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 08:15:22 pm »

So it was your bull....

I wonder who the three in the background were betting on?

Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 08:22:25 pm »
I wonder who the three in the background were betting on?

They were up their discussing how true the old adage is.  "You don't have to be the fastest,  you don't have to be the second fastest.  Just don't be the slowest!"

Online GtHawk

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 08:32:32 pm »
They were up their discussing how true the old adage is.  "You don't have to be the fastest,  you don't have to be the second fastest.  Just don't be the slowest!"
Good point, and I have been on both sides of that discussion, but never with a bull, big ass roosters, dogs, pissed off raccoons, even some folks from different ethnic groups, but no bulls.