Author Topic: George Clooney and Matt Damon Reveal the Wrong Way to Sell a Movie  (Read 563 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
George Clooney and Matt Damon Reveal the Wrong Way to Sell a Movie
« on: September 12, 2017, 11:42:27 am »

LifeZette
by Zachary Leeman
Updated 12 Sep 2017 at 7:41 AM

Actors work hard to ensure many people skip their new film — by being divisive and political

If there are actors and actresses out there who wonder how to sell a movie to the public — they should be taking notes on the publicity rounds George Clooney and Matt Damon have been making in recent weeks to promote their upcoming film, “Suburbicon.”

The two filmmakers are practically writing a play-by-play book for exactly how not to sell a movie. Both have gone political in interviews and railed against President Donald Trump and those who voted for him. Their comments about “Suburbicon” have also suggested the film is little more than an anti-Trump PSA.

(more)
http://www.lifezette.com/popzette/george-clooney-and-matt-damon-reveal-wrong-way-sell-movie/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: George Clooney and Matt Damon Reveal the Wrong Way to Sell a Movie
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 11:23:08 pm »
They have a small core of followers who like this type of stuff.  Must be doing this simply for them, and just accept they do not need any others to view the movie.

This is the legendary model developed by Michael Moore.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Re: George Clooney and Matt Damon Reveal the Wrong Way to Sell a Movie
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 06:15:23 pm »

... Suburbicon is based on an old, unproduced Coen brothers script that Clooney picked up. I guess he didn’t think that flyover Americans have had enough opportunity to buy theater tickets to watch movies that mock and judge them. But as the above tweet indicates, it seems an inopportune moment for the Hollywood elite to be lecturing us on morality. It’s bad enough that Clooney and Damon in their private personas feel compelled to tell the rest of us how to live our desperate little lives, but they actually expect us to pay to watch their on-screen liberal propaganda diatribes as well.

We get it: racism is bad. But do you know what’s worse? Injecting racism just to trigger liberal anger.   ...
More at MOTUS Mirror
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org