Author Topic: Christians Provide More Aid To Hurricane Victims Than FEMA  (Read 834 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Christians Provide More Aid To Hurricane Victims Than FEMA
« on: September 11, 2017, 03:34:57 pm »

The Daily Caller News Foundation
Joshua Gill
September 10, 2017

Christian non-profit organizations have outdone FEMA and provided the vast majority of the relief aid to victims of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.

Faith-based relief groups are responsible for providing nearly 80 percent of the aid delivered thus far to communities with homes devastated by the recent hurricanes, according to USA Today. An alliance of non-profit organizations called National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD), 75 percent of which are faith based, has helped FEMA distribute relief assistance to communities hit by disasters and assisted families in navigating government aid programs to begin the process of rebuilding.

“About 80 percent of all recovery happens because of non-profits, and the majority of them are faith-based,” Greg Forrester, CEO of NVOAD, told USA Today.

(more)
http://dailycallernewsfoundation.org/2017/09/10/christians-provide-more-aid-to-hurricane-victims-than-fema/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

Re: Christians Provide More Aid To Hurricane Victims Than FEMA
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 03:39:53 pm »
As it should be.

Charity should come from those that want to give, not from those taken from with the threat of jailing.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 03:43:31 pm »
 :hands:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline the_doc

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:25:11 pm »
As it should be.

Charity should come from those that want to give, not from those taken from with the threat of jailing.
Ditto.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 04:50:35 pm »
Perfect proof that we do not need the Federal Beast to steal more from us in taxes to 'fund' recovery efforts after every lobbyist concern in government skims off their cut of millions off the top before a minor fraction of the billions upon billions spent to 'recover' actually make it to where it was said the funds would go.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 04:56:28 pm »

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 04:56:35 pm »
As it should be.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner! No more calls please. This exactly what I thought word for word when I saw the title of this thread.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 11:21:14 pm »
RE #5 above...
A picture is worth a thousand words, ain't it...?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 11:36:21 pm »
Government is just not suited to do anything related to charity.  Everything involves red tape and of course, you have the inevitable fraud, waste and mismanagement.   And in the case of disaster relief, a needy person can jump through hoops only to be told there isn't enough money for him or he doesn't qualify. 

I just wish there was some way I could withhold the portion of my taxes which pay for government programs and alleged disaster relief and give it to the charity of my choice. 

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 06:34:29 am »
Doing their part to send everyone shoes! :patriot:

STORES LEFT EMPTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzYL7bwMSvs
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline DB

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 07:24:24 am »
The lessen learned by politicians from Bush's response to Katrina was the federal government must provide for all needs now or else you'll go down in history as racist heartless SOB. So every federal official is going to out do the the previous response by providing more money more quickly at the expense of all else.

So now it is officially the responsibility of every US citizen who works to cover the consequences of where some people choose to live.

Kind of like healthcare these days I guess...

That is not what the founding of this country was based on. Quite the opposite in fact.

Big government is swallowing up everything and far too many are too happy to go along with it as long as it is for their favorite cause/crisis. There will be no end to the causes/crisis demanding more...

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 07:53:35 am by DB »

Offline verga

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 12:03:23 pm »
Doing their part to send everyone shoes! :patriot:

STORES LEFT EMPTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzYL7bwMSvs
I saw that the Miami police had posted pictures of the looters in their jail cell as a deterrent. Maybe I am wrong but I think pictures of them in the morgue would have done a better job of deterring looting.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 01:04:04 pm »
As it should be.

@thackney

Absolutely. 

Just out of curiosity, I wonder what the tally is on Muslim contributions.