Author Topic: Today's Toons 9/6/17  (Read 5015 times)

Online pookie18

Today's Toons 9/6/17
« on: September 06, 2017, 10:08:06 am »

Click below for related video:

Click below for related story:

Click below for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter T:

(Thank you, Polly Ticks)

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

The Democrat Better Deal

(Thank you, nateman)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 05:39:54 pm by pookie18 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today's Toons 9/6/17
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:46:11 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online pookie18

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 11:02:34 am »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 12:38:10 pm »

This is the Liberal's definition of progress. The guy with the pink purse, pink skirt, and pink shoes is a 'progressive' doncha know. LOL

(Liberals are mentally deranged people)

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online pookie18

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 12:42:24 pm »
This is the Liberal's definition of progress. The guy with the pink purse, pink skirt, and pink shoes is a 'progressive' doncha know. LOL

(Liberals are mentally deranged people)

You forgot to mention his pink, fallen bra straps ;-)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 01:00:14 pm »
You forgot to mention his pink, fallen bra straps ;-)

Just read a story this week that said that 70% of age eligible Americans do not qualify for military service. This tells me that if American (or European) society were somehow transported back in time, even just 80 years or so, a couple of generations, 70% of people in the modern world wouldn't last a single week.

I'm not a Luddite, but technology is taking us forward on one side, and backwards on the other side. It really is hard to imagine what society will be like 80 years from now, given the exponential increases in technology. Those guys will be like space aliens to us. They will be so far removed from the way we grew up and from our experiences, we would be irreconcilable. We will be like two separate species of human. We will be as far away from them, as that knight swinging the sword is from us.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online pookie18

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 01:04:25 pm »

Just read a story this week that said that 70% of age eligible Americans do not qualify for military service. This tells me that if American (or European) society were somehow transported back in time, even just 80 years or so, a couple of generations, 70% of people in the modern world wouldn't last a single week.

I'm not a Luddite, but technology is taking us forward on one side, and backwards on the other side. It really is hard to imagine what society will be like 80 years from now, given the exponential increases in technology. Those guys will be like space aliens to us. They will be so far removed from the way we grew up and from our experiences, we would be irreconcilable. We will be like two separate species of human. We will be as far away from them, as that knight swinging the sword is from us.

Though I won't be around to see 80 years into the future, I'm glad I won't see what it's like...then again, the robots working for < $15/hr. at McDonald's now may just be our armed forces of the future...

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 01:09:26 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online pookie18

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 01:25:17 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!

My pleasure, Polly Ticks!