Author Topic: J.J. Watt raises $18 million, donates supplies to Houston victims: report  (Read 795 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
By Marie Simoneaux
Updated on September 3, 2017 at 8:51 PM

J.J. Watt, the star defensive end for the Houston Texans, has donated both time and money to help those affected by Hurricane Harvey last week, the Houston Chronicle reported.

In addition to the $18 million that he helped raise through his online fundraiser for hurricane relief, Watt, his teammates, friends, families and Texans officials packed up 10 trucks with donated food, water, clothing and cleaning supplies and distributed them throughout the Houston area Sunday (Sept. 3).

(more)
http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2017/09/texans_player_raises_18_millio.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

Re: J.J. Watt raises $18 million, donates supplies to Houston victims: report
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 11:06:48 am »
Houston Flood Relief Fund
https://www.youcaring.com/victimsofhurricaneharvey-915053

For: Victims of Hurricane Harvey
Houston, TX
Organizer: JJ Watt

$18,621,526
of $20,000,000 goal.
Raised by 174,560 donor

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 12:29:09 pm »
LPGA golfer Stacy Lewis - a Houston resident - pledged before the Cambia Portland Classic tournament that she would donate all her winnings to flood relief. Yesterday, she won the tournament!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 01:31:45 pm »
So how much is Colin Kaepernick going to contribute?    Oh that's right.  He's unemployed. 

Instead of whining about imaginary racism, why doesn't he make some effort to help "his people?"  Raise money.  Volunteer.  Something. 
Might actually help his image, which right now is in the toilet. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 02:43:04 pm »
So how much is Colin Kaepernick going to contribute?    Oh that's right.  He's unemployed. 

Instead of whining about imaginary racism, why doesn't he make some effort to help "his people?"  Raise money.  Volunteer.  Something. 

Colin is lucky not to experience real racism 50 years ago.  Your right he should help, but he hasn't.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 03:25:10 pm »

Colin is lucky not to experience real racism 50 years ago.  Your right he should help, but he hasn't.

I'm old enough to remember the bad old days of lynching, segregation and no opportunities for education, a career or a home in a decent neighborhood.  These young people, no matter their race or ethnicity, have everything handed to them and they are still whining.   Of course,  I blame Obama, commie teachers and community leaders who teach them their excrement doesn't stink and they are entitled to everything without having to work for it 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 03:31:40 pm »
I'm old enough to remember the bad old days of lynching, segregation and no opportunities for education, a career or a home in a decent neighborhood.  These young people, no matter their race or ethnicity, have everything handed to them and they are still whining.   Of course,  I blame Obama, commie teachers and community leaders who teach them their excrement doesn't stink and they are entitled to everything without having to work for it

I was born 47 years ago, so I don't remember the bad old days that what I saw on film. They did and to be quite honest Obama and his ilk has set race relations back 30 years in country.

As for people like J.J. Watt, good for him.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 05:24:17 pm »

I was born 47 years ago, so I don't remember the bad old days that what I saw on film. They did and to be quite honest Obama and his ilk has set race relations back 30 years in country.

As for people like J.J. Watt, good for him.

:thumbsup:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 06:10:42 pm »

"So how much is Colin Kaepernick going to contribute?"

Well, according to a pro-Kaepernick column I read last week, we shouldn't expect too much from Colin. He didn't make near the 19 million he was reported to have made last year because he didn't meet all his performance bonuses.  So, he only made about 10 million dollars.
I ask you...how can you expect poor Colin to contribute money towards Harvey relief when he's struggling to get by on a measly ten million bucks?  8888crybaby