Author Topic: SPLC Says Army Bases Are Confederate Monuments That Need To Come Down  (Read 748 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Daily Caller
PETER HASSON
10:48 AM 08/31/2017

The Southern Poverty Law Center has declared three of America’s largest Army bases Confederate monuments “with the potential to unleash more turmoil and bloodshed” if activists don’t “take down” the Army bases.

The SPLC included Fort Hood in Texas, Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Benning in Georgia on a list of 1,500 “Confederate monuments” that the SPLC claims could inspire more violence like what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia last month. All three bases are named after Confederate military leaders.

The list makes no mention of renaming namesakes of Confederate monuments; taking the monuments down is presented as the only option. The recent leftist campaign against Confederate namesakes and monuments has included a willingness among some far-left actors to destroy government property to accomplish their goals.

(more)
http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/31/splc-says-army-bases-are-confederate-monuments-that-need-to-come-down/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: SPLC Says Army Bases Are Confederate Monuments That Need To Come Down
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 11:27:47 am »
How about letting the Army take the SPLC down? For once I'd be tempted to suspend Posse Comitatus.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 07:01:40 pm »
Remember when crazy people used to be institutionalized? Now they're given a national platform to disseminate their lunacy.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 07:08:04 pm »
This and news of Morris Dees' SPLC money laundering should do wonders for their credibility.

I for one am delighted that the longstanding pillars of the Left are stepping out into the sunlight, and encourage CNN et al to continue referring to these clowns as a credible authority on ANYTHING.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 08:55:37 pm »
The SPLC is a Communist Base at war with the United States of America and it's people. SPLC offices and facilities need to come down by any and every means possible.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 08:55:55 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 11:27:02 am »
The Southern Poverty Law Center Almost Got Me Killed. Why Does the Media Still Propagate Its ‘Hate Map’?
Casey Mattox / September 05, 2017

When the elevator door opened in the lobby, my colleagues and I saw a man sitting, bleeding, surrounded by police.

We stared in silence as police yelled at us to get back upstairs. The elevator door quietly closed, and we returned to our fifth-floor office.

Up there, we hadn’t heard Floyd Corkins’ gunshot that hit our security guard, Leo Johnson—just the sudden rush and wail of police cars and ambulances filling our D.C. street.

Even after the scene in the lobby, it didn’t occur to us that the bleeding man was Leo, or that something had happened inside our own building.  ...

That was just over five years ago. My colleagues and I now know that Corkins intended to kill us. Along with enough rounds of ammunition to do the job, he’d also brought a supply of Chick-fil-A sandwiches to stuff in our mouths, to mock our corpses.

Corkins said he chose our building after finding it listed on the Southern Poverty Law Center website, which labeled the Family Research Council a “hate group” (because of its support for the historic definition of marriage).

I don’t work for the Family Research Council, but Corkins didn’t know that. And had he made it past the lobby and into the elevator, my employment status wouldn’t have mattered.   ...

More at Daily Signal

SPLC is as much a "hate group" as the KKK or La Raza.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 11:43:19 am »
More at Daily Signal

It is worse than that. The self-appointed 'experts' on hate groups, the SPLC has been indoctrinating Government, intelligence, and law enforcement agencies (Including Congress) with presentations on 'domestic terrorism' and 'hate groups' for decades. While some of the outfits they track fit the bill, many do not, but the credible presentation of those who do lends credence to their characterization of other groups which do not. That has incredible potential to get people killed who really don't deserve it, and not just by some web surfing liberal crackpot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 12:12:57 pm »

You can see this by their own words and actions. There is no compromise with them in their position. Nothing short of the total destruction of any group, statue, or military base will satisfy them.

They are not about making things right, or making things more appropriate to today. Their sole goal is nothing but destruction. And they say so proudly. It is not like they are trying to hide their agenda. They are completely open about their mission to destroy any person or edifice which they deem to be in disagreement with their far-Left agenda.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.