Author Topic: Live Thread: Hurricane Irma Is Heading Towards The Gulf Of Mexico  (Read 42205 times)

Wingnut

Re: Live Thread: Hurricane Irma Is Heading Towards The Gulf Of Mexico
« Reply #725 on: September 12, 2017, 03:08:20 am »
@Wingnut

Pretty shocking, if you ask me.  They have grass in their lawns and everything.   :tongue2:

Unlike Arizona.   :beer:  LOL

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #726 on: September 12, 2017, 03:13:06 am »
No doubt, I totally expected this lady to be his neighbor.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  ^-^

That kinda looks like my neighbor, except he's a dude.
Next year I am getting a flock of plastic pink flamingos and one of those plywood 'Ol lady bloomers bent over in the garden' Just to piss off the neighbors across the highway.

Someone turned me in for having a horse in my yard... Wasn't my horse... He was out loose and I shut him up. Since my yard is fenced with tbar and cattle panels, it was the only yard ready made to hold him...

Didn't matter none... No covenants where I am. I can do as I damn well please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJixs2FoZ_Y

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #727 on: September 12, 2017, 03:17:35 am »
Well, I kinda felt like a shit after I posted that pic, but it's what I could find quickly.  I was more interested in the trailer and the astroturf  yard. :)  Though I do think that marijuana on top of the battle flag is some kind of off.

Wingnut

« Reply #728 on: September 12, 2017, 03:18:07 am »
See you all next Saturday.   Behave.  Peace out.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #729 on: September 12, 2017, 03:24:06 am »
Well, I kinda felt like a shit after I posted that pic, but it's what I could find quickly.  I was more interested in the trailer and the astroturf  yard. :)  Though I do think that marijuana on top of the battle flag is some kind of off.

Nah... Don't worry about it none. Rednecks pokin fun at rednecks is par for the course.  :beer:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #730 on: September 12, 2017, 03:32:55 am »
Nah... Don't worry about it none. Rednecks pokin fun at rednecks is par for the course.  :beer:

Haha, true.  On my own time the redneck I poke the most fun at is myself. :)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #731 on: September 12, 2017, 03:39:54 am »
Unlike Arizona.   :beer:  LOL

Imagine my shock when I first got here....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #732 on: September 12, 2017, 03:45:34 am »
Haha, true.  On my own time the redneck I poke the most fun at is myself. :)

Well, at least that gives you a lot of material to work with  :beer: :seeya:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #733 on: September 12, 2017, 03:52:57 am »

I thought she was cute....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #734 on: September 12, 2017, 04:02:51 am »
Well, at least that gives you a lot of material to work with  :beer: :seeya:

LOL.  Truth!  And has helped me hone my skill to a master's level.   :tongue2:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #735 on: September 12, 2017, 04:05:51 am »
[...] my skill to a master's level.

Well no matter how that happened, that much right there is dead-on right, I'll tell you what.
 :beer:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #736 on: September 12, 2017, 04:08:21 am »
Well no matter how that happened, that much right there is dead-on right, I'll tell you what.
 :beer:

Sir, you are a treat!

Wingnut

« Reply #737 on: September 12, 2017, 04:08:33 am »
Imagine my shock when I first got here....

@Cyber Liberty.  They say,,,, There is no turning back.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #738 on: September 12, 2017, 04:11:21 am »
@Cyber Liberty.  They say,,,, There is no turning back.

Once you have gravel for a yard, it's tough going anywhere.  Geesh I hated mowing lawns.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #739 on: September 12, 2017, 04:12:05 am »
Geez. 30 pages about Irma and her blow job. Things must be damn slow around here.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #740 on: September 12, 2017, 04:15:19 am »
Geez. 30 pages about Irma and her blow job. Things must be damn slow around here.

It just seems that way when you and Wingnut aren't around.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #741 on: September 12, 2017, 04:21:21 am »
Sir, you are a treat!

And you darlin, are too modest by half.
 888high58888

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #742 on: September 12, 2017, 04:32:13 am »
The looting in Miami yesterday makes my blood boil. Disgusting. My brother and his family are safe, as is my son. So relieved.

Ohh hurray. I'm behind with my 24 hour 9/11  media blackout.

Reading to see how people are doing.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Wingnut

« Reply #743 on: September 12, 2017, 04:55:46 am »

@FrankCannon.  It really is just a case of not trying to buck a duck, or trying to sell a bucked up duck to a mother duck hunter.
Other than that  your are right.  It is slow.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #744 on: September 13, 2017, 01:02:12 am »
It just seems that way when you and Wingnut aren't around.

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #745 on: September 13, 2017, 05:39:57 pm »
Guess I should have left a little earlier.  301 was okay at first, but it took six hours to get to Jax. Sea of FL cars from there until I26 in SC where they disappeared.

An observation for those in FL who might choose to evac up I95.

I was on the way home last night.  Traffic running smoothly on I-95 South at about 85 until a few miles north of I-26.  From there it was stop and wait and wait and go a little all the way to Jacksonville (at least, that's as far as I cared about).  That traffic that disappeared there on the way up reappeared there on the way down, and this time they brought all their friends.

I'll remember this in the future.  If the storm looks like it may follow me up 95, I'll stay north of 26.  If not, and I'm primarily concerned about getting home quickly, I'll stay far enough south of 26 to get the jump on a lot of that traffic.

I'm also going to research alternate routes (such as US17, which kind of stalks I95 and was, except in one place I had to route way around, virtually empty).  Sucks trying to come up with a long route using minor highways while using a phone as a map, and Siri was in complete schitzo mode last night, changing her mind faster than I could react.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #746 on: September 14, 2017, 12:49:46 pm »
Harvey’s hit to mortgages could be four times worse than predicted—and then there’s Irma
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/13/hurricanes-harvey-and-irma-could-hit-mortgages-more-than-predicted.html

As many as 300,000 borrowers could become delinquent on their loans after Hurricane Harvey, Black Knight Financial Services says.
    That is four times the original prediction because new disaster zones were designated and more homes flooded.
    The sheer volume of homes hit by Hurricane Irma will likely cause an increase in mortgage delinquencies as well, though the storms are difficult to compare.

As homeowners in Houston struggle to dry out and rebuild, they may also struggle to make payments on their mortgages.

New estimates suggest as many as 300,000 borrowers could become delinquent on their loans and 160,000 could become seriously delinquent, that is, more than 90 days past due, when banks initiate foreclosure proceedings. This from Black Knight Financial Services, which compared mortgaged properties in the FEMA-designated disaster areas in Houston to those in Hurricane Katrina, and the resulting delinquencies in the four months following Katrina.

That is four times the original prediction because new disaster zones were designated and more homes flooded when officials released water from reservoirs to protect dams. The total number of mortgaged properties in disaster zones is 1.18 million. Houston disaster zones contain twice as many mortgaged properties than Katrina zones, with four times the unpaid principal balance.

After Hurricane Katrina, mortgage delinquencies in Louisiana and Mississippi disaster areas spiked 25 percentage points. The same could happen in Houston, as borrowers without flood insurance weigh their options. They will get some federal relief, but if rebuilding would cost more than the principal in their homes, they could decide to walk away.

In Florida, the sheer volume of homes hit by Hurricane Irma will likely cause an increase in mortgage delinquencies, but the comparison with Katrina does not work because of the different natures of the storms. Florida did not see sustained flooding, although there was considerable wind damage, especially in the Keys.

There are 2.08 million mortgaged properties in Irma-related FEMA disaster areas, more than four times that of Katrina and twice as many as Harvey. Total unpaid mortgage balances for Irma areas are $370 billion. If the correlation worked, there could have been half a million mortgage delinquencies in Florida, but, again, the storms were different. This is not to say, however, that Florida will not see a hit to mortgages in the coming months. It is just harder to quantify how many.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #747 on: September 15, 2017, 10:39:03 am »
I found out last night my best friend and godson are fine, their house had minimal damage. No electricity,   But they have a generator. 

And my godson is happy because no school this week!!

A picture I found- I hope it's ok if I post it.  It's very much me, even if it's a little late.

[attachment deleted by admin]
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️