Author Topic: Live Thread: Hurricane Irma Is Heading Towards The Gulf Of Mexico  (Read 42523 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Live Thread: Hurricane Irma Is Heading Towards The Gulf Of Mexico
« Reply #501 on: September 10, 2017, 12:27:11 am »
This link takes you to an interactive map of the US along with projected storm path.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/213811.shtml?gm_track#contents

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/11L/11L_floater.html

Pick a loop to view. Hasn't headed north yet. I think this is updated every 30 minutes. Watch the time track in the bottom corner of the loop. It is past the point of the forecasted northward swing.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/11L/imagery/wv_lalo-animated.gif
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #502 on: September 10, 2017, 12:43:41 am »
Pick a loop to view. Hasn't headed north yet. I think this is updated every 30 minutes. Watch the time track in the bottom corner of the loop. It is past the point of the forecasted northward swing.

It is moving North in terms of latitude. But it is true that it is moving NorthWest rather than due North. With my amateur eyes, it looks like it is heading more for Louisiana area, or maybe the panhandle, more than it is tracking toward mainland Florida. I don't know. It's weird. From where it is now, it is going to have to make a sharp right to hit FL. But if it keeps going like it is now, it will wind up in Biloxi, Mobile, or Pensacola. IMHO
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #503 on: September 10, 2017, 12:46:40 am »
The cloud pattern has elongated N-S.  That is usually a predecessor to a turn, but the center has yet to budge from due west heading.  Maybe in the last few radar frames it can be detected. 

Florida Keys are gusting at near-hurricane force.  It will be a long 18 hours for them.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #504 on: September 10, 2017, 12:48:51 am »

It is moving North in terms of latitude. But it is true that it is moving NorthWest rather than due North. With my amateur eyes, it looks like it is heading more for Louisiana area, or maybe the panhandle, more than it is tracking toward mainland Florida. I don't know. It's weird. From where it is now, it is going to have to make a sharp right to hit FL. But if it keeps going like it is now, it will wind up in Biloxi, Mobile, or Pensacola. IMHO

Somewhere in that link, you can add the forecasted track for hitting Florida's west side. It is past that and hasn't moved appreciably northward.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #505 on: September 10, 2017, 12:51:21 am »
Ok. It updated again since I posted the link. It just took a small jump straight north.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #506 on: September 10, 2017, 01:03:43 am »
Gonna be a long night and day for my friends in Florida.  Stay safe!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #507 on: September 10, 2017, 01:09:21 am »

Mobile? My fathers family all lives in Mobile. Oh boy.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #508 on: September 10, 2017, 01:16:36 am »
Updated again. Moving north.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #509 on: September 10, 2017, 01:20:34 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #510 on: September 10, 2017, 01:22:31 am »
FRAY-ed!

Might just be bumping up a bit from Cuba and will keep going westward. Have to check in a few hours to see.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #511 on: September 10, 2017, 01:28:08 am »
I looked at another source that confirms it is turning north.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #512 on: September 10, 2017, 01:29:51 am »
I looked at another source that confirms it is turning north.

I've been wondering if it would ever turn north..kept thinking it would keep going west into the gulf..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

« Reply #513 on: September 10, 2017, 01:29:59 am »
Swear test....bleep  *see below....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:46:27 am by mystery-ak »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #514 on: September 10, 2017, 01:33:20 am »
From The Weather Channel.

Hurricane Irma has begun its turn toward Florida as a life-threatening Category 3 hurricane. Irma is now located just 115 miles southeast of Key West, Florida.

Wingnut

« Reply #515 on: September 10, 2017, 01:35:02 am »
All right..  My back is hurting.  I spent the last 10 hours putting up hurricane shutters on my neighbors houses..   Just wanted to see if I need to say bleep..   I could.    Carry on.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:45:43 am by mystery-ak »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #516 on: September 10, 2017, 01:39:40 am »
@Wingnut You are not setting a very good example for us kids with your language.  On the other hand, you helped neighbors get ready for a hurricane, so you're setting a very good example for us kids with your actions.  I guess since actions speak louder than words I can't say too much... Plus, I *may* have said that word sometime in the past myself so...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #517 on: September 10, 2017, 01:41:08 am »
All right..  My back is hurting.  I spent the last 10 hours putting up hurricane shutters on my neighbors houses..   Just wanted to see if I need to say bleep..   I could.    Carry on.
Well I won't say  MF'er, you are a good soul and deserve a toast, here it is , now have yourself a , or more and relax!
@Wingnut
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:47:01 am by mystery-ak »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #518 on: September 10, 2017, 01:44:36 am »
@Wingnut You are not setting a very good example for us kids with your language.  On the other hand, you helped neighbors get ready for a hurricane, so you're setting a very good example for us kids with your actions.  I guess since actions speak louder than words I can't say too much... Plus, I *may* have said that word sometime in the past myself so...

It is a term of endearment in this case. I mean who would help those MFers for 10 hours? A person who really loves them, that's who.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #519 on: September 10, 2017, 01:45:01 am »

kudos for helping your neighbors.......but did you really think you would get away with that?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #520 on: September 10, 2017, 02:19:33 am »

take care Fla Briefers..praying for you

God Speed Florida...
Support the USO

Offline mrclose

« Reply #521 on: September 10, 2017, 02:32:49 am »
I thought this was fake at first .. It's not!

'The ocean is missing!' Rare phenomenon caused by Irma sucks the water from Bahamas beaches

Extraordinary footage from the Bahamas show the shoreline receded much farther than normal, exposing what is usually the ocean floor.

Twitter user @Kaydi_K from Long Island, Bahamas wrote on Friday: 'I am in disbelief right now... This is Long Island, Bahamas and the ocean water is missing!!! That's as far as they see #HurricaneIrma.'

The strange video shows her walking on the exposed ocean floor which is dry and covered in large shells. Another Twitter user tweeted a photo of the exposed beach at a different beach in the Bahamas and showed it was back to normal within less than a day.

Hurricane Irma, which hit the Bahamas on Friday, is so powerful that it has altered the shape of the ocean in Long Island, but it will likely be back to normal by Sunday afternoon.

(Scroll down for video at link)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4869268/Rare-phenomenon-sucks-water-Bahamas-beach.html

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:37:45 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline corbe

« Reply #522 on: September 10, 2017, 02:58:43 am »
US citizens on St. Maarten rescued

By John Bowden - 09/09/17 10:06 PM EDT

More than 500 Americans stranded on the jointly-administered island of St. Maarten have been rescued by U.S. military aircraft.

State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert told ABC News that the State Department worked closely with the military over the last 24 hours to evacuate hundreds of people from the island, which is jointly administered by France and the Netherlands.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/349958-us-citizens-on-st-maarten-rescued

Phenomenal photos @mrclose
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #523 on: September 10, 2017, 03:15:37 am »
Just an observation, don't mean nuthin', but...

If one pays attention to the tv news, the hurricane Irma is headed right towards Florida.

But if one has observed this map over the past couple of days:
https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-64.47,19.90,1399

... we see the REAL path of the hurricane, which keeps moving... westward.

Now I'm not sayin' that it will never change direction and head northward.
But...
... it doesn't seem to be going in the directions as predicted...

Been saying this all day.  Don't be totally surprised to see a panhandle landfall.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #524 on: September 10, 2017, 03:35:54 am »
I thought this was fake at first .. It's not!

'The ocean is missing!' Rare phenomenon caused by Irma sucks the water from Bahamas beaches

(Scroll down for video at link)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4869268/Rare-phenomenon-sucks-water-Bahamas-beach.html

Just saw on the weather channel the ocean is out abnormally far at Naples.  And the hurricane is still a long way away.  All that water has to be somewhere, praying for the poor folks on the receiving end....
God is still in control