Author Topic: Live Thread: Hurricane Irma Is Heading Towards The Gulf Of Mexico  (Read 42209 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread: Hurricane Irma Is Heading Towards The Gulf Of Mexico
« Reply #250 on: September 06, 2017, 02:06:31 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/hurricane-irma-seismic-earthquakes/2017/09/05/id/811828/

Hurricane Irma So Strong It's Registering on Seismic Instruments
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline anubias

« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2017, 02:24:17 pm »
@libertybele
I would be shocked if they turned you away with this storm. The optics would not be good for them as pets are a hot button issue with hurricanes since Katrina.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2017, 02:45:25 pm »
https://www.weatherbell.com/irma-feed

Irma Feed 3 hours ago

September 6, 2017

Joe Bastardi's Morning Update
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2017, 03:02:24 pm »
https://www.weatherbell.com/irma-feed

Irma Feed 3 hours ago

September 6, 2017

Joe Bastardi's Morning Update

Thank you. I very much appreciate this update. Oh boy, our other plan was to maybe stay with family in NC, but that path looks more uncertain.  This is a tough one to get out of harm's way.  I'm praying that Irma continues on an easterly course and steers clear of hitting the U.S. coastline altogether.  GO AWAY IRMA!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2017, 03:06:20 pm »
Thank you. I very much appreciate this update. Oh boy, our other plan was to maybe stay with family in NC, but that path looks more uncertain.  This is a tough one to get out of harm's way.  I'm praying that Irma continues on an easterly course and steers clear of hitting the U.S. coastline altogether.  GO AWAY IRMA!

As I discussed with my family this morning the important thing is to get somewhere you have options.  Sitting in southern Florida there are no options once the roads are full.  At least in northern fla or North Carolina there are multiple routes out of harms way if you need to leave
God is still in control

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #255 on: September 06, 2017, 03:32:05 pm »
I checked LaQuinta as far north as Macon GA for you, because we have found them to be good about pets (lab/husky cross stayed with us). No vacancies anywhere not on the coast, and I'd avoid that like the plague. I can work farther north if you want.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #257 on: September 06, 2017, 03:38:04 pm »
@libertybele
I would be shocked if they turned you away with this storm. The optics would not be good for them as pets are a hot button issue with hurricanes since Katrina.

Thank goodness this is true.

@libertybele

Praying for you and yours.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #258 on: September 06, 2017, 03:42:52 pm »
I checked LaQuinta as far north as Macon GA for you, because we have found them to be good about pets (lab/husky cross stayed with us). No vacancies anywhere not on the coast, and I'd avoid that like the plague. I can work farther north if you want.

That is so very kind of you and it is appreciated -- I've researched as far up north as Chatanooga and east and west of I-75 in Georgia.  We still have a reservation about 15 miles outside of Atlanta and we're bringing our pound puppy (Akita, Whippet, Boxer, Shepherd and Pug) with us along with his crate, food, leash, and his vet paperwork showing he's had all of his vacinations; he's about 50 lbs and I'm hoping they'll be flexible. I called the vet this a.m. and they are changing his paperwork just to say mixed breed.

11:00 advisory shows Irma again heading west northwest.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #259 on: September 06, 2017, 04:14:43 pm »
Some pretty amazing photos.

Nice Sang!   :0001: :0001:
New update...More than likely the storm will "skirt" the east coast of FL.  Less Likely now it will go into the gulf!    WoooHooo

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #260 on: September 06, 2017, 04:25:08 pm »

Nice Sang!   :0001: :0001:
New update...More than likely the storm will "skirt" the east coast of FL.  Less Likely now it will go into the gulf!    WoooHooo

Prayers for the FL Briefers. We rarely see 185 , gust to 200 mph canes ever. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2017, 05:00:05 pm »
I noticed we have TS Jose and TS Katia out there, too.  Jose will be a Cat 3, and according to the models it's going to be fed to the fish as it's expected to turn away from land.  Katia is in the Western Gulf, but is expected to go West across Central America and end up in the Pacific.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 05:01:40 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2017, 05:03:18 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2017, 05:04:55 pm »

Wow, so that map, if accurate, means a whole lot of wind and water over most of Florida.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2017, 05:18:38 pm »

Not any hurricane 'expert', but it looks to me the odds favor it being broken up as it skirts Cuba's northern coastline....and tumbles into the Gulf of Mexico as a Tropical Storm of biblical proportions.   Feeling bad for New Orleans and Texas coastlines.

....not an 'expert'.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2017, 05:26:44 pm »
Not any hurricane 'expert', but it looks to me the odds favor it being broken up as it skirts Cuba's northern coastline....and tumbles into the Gulf of Mexico as a Tropical Storm of biblical proportions.   Feeling bad for New Orleans and Texas coastlines.

You have to include other weather system in predictions.  Not going to be a western gulf track.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2017, 05:36:58 pm »
Starting to look like a Floyd or a Matthew with its track up the east coast.  I gotta say if I were sitting on the west coast of FL right now I'd be sitting tight and not trying to get on the road out of town.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 05:38:37 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2017, 06:13:29 pm »
Rush is talking about this now. He says Irma will likely hook right toward the Carolinas. But again, he emphasized that nobody knows for sure what it will do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #269 on: September 06, 2017, 06:27:43 pm »

To do any substantial damage to the storm, the eyewall needs to see some land interaction,  Still can happen, but seeiming less like;y now.

None of the major models has this thing anythng but a Fl, to east coast landfall.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2017, 06:27:48 pm »
Starting to look like a Floyd or a Matthew with its track up the east coast.  I gotta say if I were sitting on the west coast of FL right now I'd be sitting tight and not trying to get on the road out of town.

If I were sitting on the west coast of FL right now I'd be tying a few last things down, headed out to pick up a new pump for the inflatable mattress, and moving the last few things that aren't in the truck near the door.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Wingnut

« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2017, 06:52:31 pm »

My 89 Y/O Puerto rican MIL has been predicting these thing correctly for decades. (Knock on wood)  She told the Honey Wing 2 days ago that if the storm crosses above PR and the Dominican Rep they almost always head up the Atlantic coast.  If they cross over top of PR and Cuba they will be in the Gulf.  If they stay below PR and Cuba nothing to worry about! 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2017, 06:55:00 pm »
Wow, so that map, if accurate, means a whole lot of wind and water over most of Florida.

Yep.  But not nearly what it would be like on the dirty side!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2017, 06:56:20 pm »
Yep.  But not nearly what it would be like on the dirty side!

QFT!!!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2017, 06:58:33 pm »
You have to include other weather system in predictions.  Not going to be a western gulf track.

And the models have been moving the track eastward recently, so the trend is for it to be more to the east side of the prediction cone.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 06:59:12 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn