Author Topic: Live Thread: Hurricane Irma Is Heading Towards The Gulf Of Mexico  (Read 42739 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Live Thread: Hurricane Irma Is Heading Towards The Gulf Of Mexico
« Reply #225 on: September 06, 2017, 04:19:22 am »
@libertybele

Red Roof Inn might accept your dog.  Most locations are pet friendly, and as far as I can tell, there are no weight restrictions. 

https://www.redroof.com/why-red-roof-inn/value/pet-friendly

Red Roof isn't luxurious, but I stayed at one near me for almost 2 weeks while my bathroom was being remodeled.  It was adequate. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #226 on: September 06, 2017, 04:23:57 am »
I'm in absolute panic mode now.  We put up hurricane shutters, took pictures of contents in the house, got paperwork together, etc., etc.  Spoke to a women who helped me make hotel reservations at a pet-friendly hotel only to find out later via e-mail confirmation that the dog can't be over 30 lbs (I told her he was)!!  I've been trying for the last 5 hours to find a pet-friendly hotel available.  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  So ... we're on a journey and praying that we don't get turned away.

Flights are booked, private charters are booked...RV rentals not available .... yep... panicville here.

Jameson Inn will take larger dogs.  Where in FL are you?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #227 on: September 06, 2017, 04:26:52 am »
@libertybele

Red Roof Inn might accept your dog.  Most locations are pet friendly, and as far as I can tell, there are no weight restrictions. 

https://www.redroof.com/why-red-roof-inn/value/pet-friendly

Red Roof isn't luxurious, but I stayed at one near me for almost 2 weeks while my bathroom was being remodeled.  It was adequate.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm not being selective about the hotel ... I've searched several red roof inns -- they are booked. I've searched for hours using various different websites, pet friendly hotel searches, etc., and I've searched all the way from Valdosta up into Alpharetta and surrounding areas.  Nothing is available.  They are booked.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #228 on: September 06, 2017, 04:29:14 am »
Jameson Inn will take larger dogs.  Where in FL are you?

Jameson Inn is in Lakeland?  Trying to get out of Florida.  I live in the Ft. Myers area.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #229 on: September 06, 2017, 04:31:24 am »
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm not being selective about the hotel ... I've searched several red roof inns -- they are booked. I've searched for hours using various different websites, pet friendly hotel searches, etc., and I've searched all the way from Valdosta up into Alpharetta and surrounding areas.  Nothing is available.  They are booked.
@libertybele
Perhaps try off the highway, like the motels in Cuthbert?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #230 on: September 06, 2017, 04:32:36 am »
Aunt Irma can be a pain...

@Freya
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #231 on: September 06, 2017, 04:37:46 am »
Jameson Inn is in Lakeland?  Trying to get out of Florida.  I live in the Ft. Myers area.

There are Jamesons all over the place.  I've stayed in them in Georgia in several locations.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #232 on: September 06, 2017, 04:42:02 am »

How about Augusta, GA?  I found one on Gordon Highway with a couple of rooms left.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #233 on: September 06, 2017, 04:53:23 am »
Or this website: 

https://www.bringfido.com/lodging/city/augusta_ga_us/?

You can plug in whichever city you are interested in.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #234 on: September 06, 2017, 04:56:36 am »

I did it the easy way.  My son's girlfriends family has property in south Georgia.   Gonna meet them for the first time. Woo hooo
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #235 on: September 06, 2017, 10:09:04 am »

Oh gosh @libertybele -  nothing in Georgia? Have you tried trivago? I've gotten some good deals with them. Try B and B's.

How about a bit further? I will confess geography is not my strong suit

I'm worried about you dear lady.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:13:05 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #236 on: September 06, 2017, 10:11:42 am »
Aunt Irma can be a pain...

@Freya

I wasn't going to go there, even if I love the It Crows. @Suppressed

(And Father Ted who is done by the same people)

I'm really worried about Florida.

Silver Pines

« Reply #237 on: September 06, 2017, 10:46:50 am »
I'm in absolute panic mode now.  We put up hurricane shutters, took pictures of contents in the house, got paperwork together, etc., etc.  Spoke to a women who helped me make hotel reservations at a pet-friendly hotel only to find out later via e-mail confirmation that the dog can't be over 30 lbs (I told her he was)!!  I've been trying for the last 5 hours to find a pet-friendly hotel available.  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  So ... we're on a journey and praying that we don't get turned away.

Flights are booked, private charters are booked...RV rentals not available .... yep... panicville here.

Oh, @libertybele, I'm so sorry.  I'll be praying for you.  My God, I can't imagine you would be turned away in this situation because of your dog.   If somebody would do such a thing....

Silver Pines

« Reply #238 on: September 06, 2017, 10:54:51 am »

@libertybele

Have you tried Super 8?  They're clean, but they're extremely basic, like Red Roof Inn.  They can and do allow pets; the individual motel sets the policy.  Would post a link but I'm on my phone and it's probably quicker to just tell you about it.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #239 on: September 06, 2017, 10:57:53 am »
Oh, @libertybele, I'm so sorry.  I'll be praying for you.  My God, I can't imagine you would be turned away in this situation because of your dog.   If somebody would do such a thing....

Oh now I understand and. I feel awful. Your pet is family you can't leave it behind!

Stupid hotels. Bite the bullet, do the humane thing. Let the animals come too.

I'm writing a letter to my congresswoman 

Silver Pines

« Reply #240 on: September 06, 2017, 10:59:57 am »
We're watching the early local news before my husband leaves for work.  Jonathan Falwell, brother of Jerry Jr. and pastor of Thomas Road Baptist Church, and his wife are trapped in the Caribbean.  They can't get a plane out.  Currently they're in a shelter with a few hundred other people.

Silver Pines

« Reply #241 on: September 06, 2017, 11:02:37 am »
Oh now I understand and. I feel awful. Your pet is family you can't leave it behind!

Stupid hotels. Bite the bullet, do the humane thing. Let the animals come too.

I'm writing a letter to my congresswoman

@Freya

If I were a hotel owner, I would be taking them all, from Great Danes to iguanas.  And if someone didn't like it, they could look elsewhere for shelter.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #242 on: September 06, 2017, 11:04:35 am »
@Freya

If I were a hotel owner, I would be taking them all, from Great Danes to iguanas.  And if someone didn't like it, they could look elsewhere for shelter.

Now I understand why all those animals from Harvey and Katrina were at my shelter. It's breaking my heart, @CatherineofAragon 

It's a Sophie's choice for their owners.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:05:18 am by Freya »

Silver Pines

« Reply #243 on: September 06, 2017, 11:11:56 am »
Now I understand why all those animals from Harvey and Katrina were at my shelter. It's breaking my heart, @CatherineofAragon 

It's a Sophie's choice for their owners.

@Freya

It really is.  My mind doesn't like to think about it very much.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #244 on: September 06, 2017, 12:29:43 pm »
@Freya

But I can understand the hotel owners' point of view too.  It's not so much that other guests might not like having pets around. It's more of an insurance/liability matter.  Most of us, I think, are responsible for our pets, but unfortunately, there are those who arent.  The pets cause damage or maybe bite a guest.  A dog bite lawsuit, if successful, could put the hotel out of business. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2017, 12:43:29 pm »
But I can understand the hotel owners' point of view too.  It's not so much that other guests might not like having pets around. It's more of an insurance/liability matter.  Most of us, I think, are responsible for our pets, but unfortunately, there are those who arent.  The pets cause damage or maybe bite a guest.  A dog bite lawsuit, if successful, could put the hotel out of business.

@Applewood

My brain understands that part...but I just can't imagine turning them away.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2017, 12:47:42 pm »
Find a pet boarder in the town near your hotel.  Or, sneak the dog through the fire exit.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2017, 01:50:50 pm »

I've stayed at a bunch of Residence Inns (Marriott) with my dogs.  While some have had policies about size, they've never turned us away.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2017, 01:57:35 pm »
Trump tweets his hurricane response team is in Florida for Irma

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/06/trump-hurricane-irma-response-242368
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.