Author Topic: Live Thread: Hurricane Irma Is Heading Towards The Gulf Of Mexico  (Read 42245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread: Hurricane Irma Is Heading Towards The Gulf Of Mexico
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2017, 08:53:22 pm »
Yikes...my sister has a house on Sanibel Island...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2017, 09:21:23 pm »

The next few days might be a great time to leave and go visit family somewhere else....
God is still in control

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2017, 09:23:19 pm »
It's looking like Donna back in the '60's.  She went through the Antilles, made landfall in Marathon (Keys) Fl with sustained winds of 145 mph; a strong Cat 4  went out in Gulf and came back and made another landfall at the same intensity in Naples/Ft. Myers Beach/Ft. Myers, went out in Gulf and re-emerged in the Carolina's as a Cat. 2.

I've heard more stories about Donna for those that have been in the area than Charley; it battered FL twice with the same intensity and the storm surge was much worse.

My dad went through Donna in his younger days. He now lives in Naples.  He is packing the car and they are leaving on Wednesday.  Says he never wants to go through anything like that again.
God is still in control

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2017, 09:35:48 pm »
My best friend and her husband and her son,  my godson who will be 11 next week just moved to a house near Cape Kennedy.

She Called and said they expect Irma to hit. They just moved there last month.

Please. Pray for them. Thank you.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2017, 09:58:34 pm »
Latest models show too much uncertainty until tomorrow or even Wednesday.  The 'spaghetti' models show it having the most intensity in the Keys and up through the center of the state or more so affecting the east coast than the west coast.  I would say once it nears or strikes the U.S. virgin islands we'll know a lot more.  Had pet friendly hotels picked out in the center of the state, but the path has moved. 

Local news saying we'll know a projected path by the weekend ... but that puts us past day 5 ... not comfortable waiting that long at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2017, 09:59:34 pm »
My best friend and her husband and her son,  my godson who will be 11 next week just moved to a house near Cape Kennedy.

Cape Kennedy?  Did you mean Lake Kennedy or Cape Canaveral??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2017, 09:59:42 pm »
This is the first time the name Irma has been used for an Atlantic tropical storm or hurricane. Irma replaced the name Irene after it was retired for the damage it caused in the Bahamas and the U.S. during the 2011 hurricane season.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2017, 10:11:19 pm »
Cape Kennedy?  Did you mean Lake Kennedy or Cape Canaveral??

Brain fart, Cape Canaveral

Offline libertybele

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2017, 10:14:58 pm »
Brain fart, Cape Canaveral

It happens to the best of us.  It's way too early to tell.  They need to hang tight for a day or two.  There is always the possibility that it could hit the mountains of Cuba and dissipate or veer far right and not hit the U.S.  I'm praying for the later.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2017, 11:05:43 pm »
Prayers for all having to leave their homes. Still hoping it makes a hard right and doesn't hit land.

Yes, prayers for you all.

Wingnut

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2017, 11:29:36 pm »

@mystery-ak   We Honeymooned on Captiva with Linda  (You're sister from another mother).  Years Later...  Hurricane Charley took out The Plantation Resort but it spared the Mucky Duck.  Long live the Duck!

Offline anubias

« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2017, 11:30:24 pm »
Yes, prayers for you all.

Yes indeed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2017, 11:46:36 pm »
@mystery-ak   We Honeymooned on Captiva with Linda  (You're sister from another mother).  Years Later...  Hurricane Charley took out The Plantation Resort but it spared the Mucky Duck.  Long live the Duck!

A møøse once bit my sister. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2017, 11:51:39 pm »

My Bug Out location Is Just south of Moose Bite Illinois.  A little place near Effingham

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2017, 12:05:53 am »

My sis Linda's house is on the end of Sanibel on the golf course.....they are at their Chicago home now so they don't have to flee..lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2017, 12:06:42 am »
My Bug Out location Is Just south of Moose Bite Illinois.  A little place near Effingham

about 45min from me... *****rollingeyes*****
Support the USO

Wingnut

« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2017, 12:08:46 am »
about 45min from me... *****rollingeyes*****
I was going to send you a PM about having a drink.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2017, 12:15:04 am »
Florida Gov. Rick Scott declares state of emergency ahead of Category 4 Hurricane Irma
Fox News, Sep 4, 2017

Florida Gov. Rick Scott has declared a state of emergency in the state as rapidly growing Hurricane Irma, now a Category 4 storm, is expected to make landfall later this week.

The state of emergency has been issued for all of Florida’s 67 counties. Scott said that the state would “prepare for the worst and hope for the best” as Irma is expected to hit the state around Friday.

The governor tweeted Monday that he urges "all Floridians to remain vigilant and stay alert to local weather and news and visit FLGetAPlan.com today to get prepared."

“Hurricane Irma poses a severe threat to the entire State of Florida and requires that timely precautions are taken to protect the communities, critical infrastructure, and general welfare of this State,” the executive order stated.

Scott suggested on Twitter that state residents should use their Labor Day to prepare for Irma's arrival.

The announcement came after Puerto Rico’s governor issued a state of emergency Monday. Irma is expected to hit the northwest Caribbean Tuesday, where government workers are preparing for the storm to make landfall.

More:  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/04/florida-gov-rick-scott-declares-state-emergency-ahead-category-4-hurricane-irma.html

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2017, 12:22:50 am »
I was going to send you a PM about having a drink.

*bouche*
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2017, 12:33:11 am »

Bullwinkle?

Wingnut

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2017, 05:01:06 am »

Sometimes us old Florida crackers call it Cape Kennedy, it used to be called that in the 60's I think, and then was changed back to Cape Canaveral.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2017, 05:21:12 am »
Sometimes us old Florida crackers call it Cape Kennedy, it used to be called that in the 60's I think, and then was changed back to Cape Canaveral.

My understanding was a mapmaker overstepped his authority in naming the Cape during all the sympathy after the assassination, and when somebody pointed it out, the name was quickly changed back. 

Something similar happened in AZ.  The Governor (a Dem) was in a hurry to rename "Squaw Peak" (cultural insensitivity, ya know), and she ordered it to be renamed after a soldier killed in Iraq.  Turned out the soldier died when she took a wrong turn and drove a Humvee into the teeth of a bunch of enemies.  Her friend was captured by some very confused Iraqis, who didn't know what to do with her.

The law prohibits naming places after people until 5 years after they die to prevent this sort of fiasco.  Napolitano was a Dem so she just ignored the law.  I give you better than even odds the Florida mapmaker who renamed Cape Canaveral was a Dem too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: