Author Topic: People one Youtube are now manually adding in scanlines and glitches to their videos, to make them look like they were filmed on an 80's camcorder.  (Read 2451 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Millenials have sure flipped. 2 or 3 years ago, anything older than 2 or 3 years was the dark ages. Now they've went retro.

Maybe they've remembered their childhoods and realized that perhaps things weren't so bad in the dark ages.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Not really new. This has been going on in the digital photography world for years. I have various plug-ins (I don't use them) that imitate various old film styles. They seem to work rather well, they just seek to be a bit kitschy.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The Millenials have sure flipped. 2 or 3 years ago, anything older than 2 or 3 years was the dark ages. Now they've went retro.

Maybe they've remembered their childhoods and realized that perhaps things weren't so bad in the dark ages.

In my youth, color TV was still a rarity in most homes. These days I don't think you can buy a black and white TV.

Offline Suppressed

This isn't for modifying videos. It's to take a still image and make it look like it came from an old video.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

This isn't for modifying videos. It's to take a still image and make it look like it came from an old video.

And its nothing new.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

'Zactily

I've made scan lines with displacement maps to shift lines of pixels a bit to the left or right for an old school black and white television effect.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've got a new Canon camera (77d) that offers a "Dramatic B&W" effect while shooting video. From the manual:
"Creates an atmosphere of dramatic realism with high-contrast black and white. You can adjust the graininess and black-and-white effect."

Probably has other effects for still images, as well.
The pdf manual for this thing is 500 pages long!