Author Topic: Dem Sen Brown: Government Has ‘No Business’ Deporting Immigrants Who Have Been in U.S. for Years  (Read 912 times)

rangerrebew

Dem Sen Brown: Government Has ‘No Business’ Deporting Immigrants Who Have Been in U.S. for Years

by PAM KEY
    27 Aug 2017

Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) said the government had “no business” deporting immigrants who have been living and working in the United States for years.

Brown said, “It’s terrible when we are taking immigrants who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

He continued, “We have no business doing that. That inhumane policy coming from the administration is just part and parcel of what he’s been for the last seven months.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...nts-u-s-years/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
“It’s terrible when we are taking serial killers who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

“It’s terrible when we are taking armed robbers who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

“It’s terrible when we are taking drug dealers who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

“It’s terrible when we are taking car thieves who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

“It’s terrible when we are taking embezzlers who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

Sorry, I'm just trying to find another Federal Crime that gets a pass....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

Illegals pay their taxes?

B.S.

This idiot thinks they file their federal and state tax returns each year???

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

B.S.

No, he "thinks" that by paying sales taxes and occasionally payroll taxes on stolen social security numbers he can spin that into "they are paying their taxes".

Offline Smokin Joe

B.S.

Sales tax? Gas tax? Liquor tax? Cigarette tax? (provided they actually buy the stuff)

Yeah, I'm being sarcastic.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:46:28 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

B.S.

Filing returns is not synonymous with paying taxes. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

“It’s terrible when we are taking serial killers who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

“It’s terrible when we are taking armed robbers who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

“It’s terrible when we are taking drug dealers who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

“It’s terrible when we are taking car thieves who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

“It’s terrible when we are taking embezzlers who have been here 10 or 15 years and working hard, paying their taxes, active in their church, active in communities, parents and we throw them out of this country.”

Sorry, I'm just trying to find another Federal Crime that gets a pass....

If you could document with mathematical certainty that the great majority of killers, thieves, robbers, embezzlers and drug dealers will always vote for Democrats, then Sherrod Brown would be in favor of keeping them out of jail, too.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

If you could document with mathematical certainty that the great majority of killers, thieves, robbers, embezzlers and drug dealers will always vote for Democrats, then Sherrod Brown would be in favor of keeping them out of jail, too.
Probably true. It isn't like he can just send them back.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

It is my case and many other peoples cases. I pay about 40% of my income based on those two paper filings. That is where the real money comes from. And frankly for those who don't pay that much I don't want to hear about how they pay their taxes - they don't - they pushed them off on someone else claiming it is "fair". The "they" is too general, there are exceptions, but far too many think that way particularly in California.

Offline skeeter

They gotta file a return to get that earned income tax credit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

B.S.

But they do, they are issued tax Id's from the IRS and file with bogus numbers especially dependents and recieve large returns to go with all the free benefits they already get courtesy of actual tax paying legal residents.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yeah Trump, why you stealin' the Dems vote base myan? Who's going to clean liberal toilets and haul their garbage? You're soooo mean spirited and hateful!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:32:23 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

It is my case and many other peoples cases. I pay about 40% of my income based on those two paper filings. That is where the real money comes from. And frankly for those who don't pay that much I don't want to hear about how they pay their taxes - they don't - they pushed them off on someone else claiming it is "fair". The "they" is too general, there are exceptions, but far too many think that way particularly in California.

In most cases income tax, as well as payroll taxes, are collected through withholding, not estimated payments or payments with the return.  And withholding usually results in overpayments. 

Offline MajorClay

What an idiot, I hope Josh Mandel clobbers him

Offline Smokin Joe

If you are filing as self-employed, check into a subchapter S corp. It may save you a bunch. At least that is what my accountant said. Next time I am making enough for it to matter, I will.

C S Lewis