Author Topic: Donald Trump 'might refuse to leave the White House when his term ends', expert warns  (Read 8227 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Donald Trump might refuse to leave power when his time at the White House comes to an end, an expert on Latin American leaders has warned.

Tim Rogers, a journalist, said the US leader had no respect for the "sanctity of the presidency".

The expert on Nicaragua’s Sandinista Front for National Liberation (FSLN) and the country's former President Daniel Ortega, Mr Rogers said it was common for Latin American leaders to stay in power for long periods.

He added that he sees similarities between Mr Trump and the likes of Mr Ortega.

Describing Mr Trump as a “tribal leader", he said he was “dividing" the US as opposed to uniting it.

“This is a dangerous moment for the country," he wrote on the Fusion website. "Trump has shown no interest in preserving the sanctity of the presidency or the traditions of U.S. democracy. He might not even be familiar with them.

Continued - https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-might-refuse-114407319.html

Offline RoosGirl

I guess if people repeat this enough it will eventually be true...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Didn't we get a lot of these stories when 0 was occupying the White House?

Online dfwgator

Didn't we get a lot of these stories when 0 was occupying the White House?

Yes.

Same with Bush
Same with Clinton
Same with Reagan

You get the gist.

Offline libertybele

...hmm...let's see, he left his luxurious penthouse in NYC that was filled with various items covered in gold, made the remarks that the White House is a dump ... and experts are warning that he might refuse to leave when his term is up!  Got it.  He might stay, but my hunch says Melania and Barron will leave!   :silly:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 01:43:27 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Another difference between the right and left - during the last administration this kind of stuff was found only on WND. With Trump its now the mainstream media.

At least with WND they were reporting on a president who held the Constitution and its strictures in contempt.

Online corbe

Not gonna Happen

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not gonna Happen

Online corbe

It's Sunday, he's praying for Deliverance from DJT.   @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

It's Sunday, he's praying for Deliverance from DJT.   @Right_in_Virginia

Oh, I thought he was constipated.   :shrug:

Online corbe

Offline RoosGirl

I can't remember who it was that commented, when I posted a picture of ManBearPig with a similar expression, that I deserved to be put on a time out for posting a picture of his 'O' face.

Online corbe

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What a croc of shiiiite as the Scots would say.

That said, and everyone knows I am not a fan of Trump, if he lets the media and the Left get away with tearing him down - and by sowing fear and danger in the minds of the insane mob (you know - us White Supremacists that deserve to have any free speech assemblies shut down in Boston etc.), and if they succeed in getting Trump to quit or the GOP to go ahead with impeachment scrap - the Left will have realized the power to eradicate anyone in power or influence they want to destroy - regardless of the outcome of elections.

At which point, liberty and freedom will be truly dead in this country.  It will only exist until it is expunged.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:33:53 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:34:33 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline libertybele

@Right_in_Virginia

Now that there is funny, I don't care who ya are.   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

What a croc of shiiiite as the Scots would say.

That said, and everyone knows I am not a fan of Trump, if he lets the media and the Left get away with tearing him down - ....

Interesting coming from someone who ridicules and attacks him every time he fights back.

Are you walking toward the light???

Offline RoosGirl

Online corbe

Please tell me that's not so @INVAR, If us NTer's have lost you we'll never make America Great Again.

Please tell me that's not so @INVAR, If us NTer's have lost you we'll never make America Great Again.

Wait ... I thought you said you weren't a NT @corbe

Or is this just an NT night?

Online corbe

I'm not a NT'er @Right_in_Virginia (whatever that is). Trump is my President, too.  I've resigned myself to that fact and hope he can get this shit of a Party together and get something done, I really do. But in the meantime I'm gonna pursue the snark course on my favorite forum and keep buying more popcorn.

I'm not a NT'er @Right_in_Virginia (whatever that is). Trump is my President, too. ....

I thought so.  Thanks for the reply.  @corbe

Offline RoosGirl

Pursue the snark!   :beer: