Author Topic: The approval rating of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has plummeted to just 18 percent, a survey from Public Policy Polling has found.  (Read 1045 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The approval rating of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has plummeted to just 18 percent, a survey from Public Policy Polling has found.

The poll, which surveyed 645 Kentucky voters, found that just 18 percent of respondents approved of McConnell’s current performance, compared to 74 percent who disapproved. Seven percent of people said they were not sure.

, who is the longest-serving U.S. Senator in Kentucky history, having represented the state since 1984, was recently criticized by President Trump for failing to pass the healthcare reform bill through the Senate.

“Can you believe that Mitch McConnell who has screamed Repeal & Replace for 7 years, couldn’t get it done,” Trump wrote on Twitter earlier this month. “Mitch, get back to work and put Repeal & Replace, Tax Reform & Cuts and a great Infrastructure Bill on my desk for signing.”

snip

Voters in Kentucky also have a far higher opinion of Trump’s job in office, giving him a 60 percent approval rating. In last year’s presidential election, Trump carried the state by 62.5 against Hillary Clinton’s 32.7 percent

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/21/poll-mitch-mcconnells-kentucky-approval-rating-plummets-to-18-percent/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
18% ????  who are these people?  We need to give them a lobotomy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Poll: Mitch McConnell’s Kentucky Approval Rating Plummets to 18 Percent
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 10:59:15 pm »
Poll: Mitch McConnell’s Kentucky Approval Rating Plummets to 18 Percent
Breitbart, Aug 21, 2017, Ben Kew

The poll, which surveyed 645 Kentucky voters, found that just 18 percent of respondents approved of McConnell’s current performance, compared to 74 percent who disapproved. Seven percent of people said they were not sure.

McConnell, who is the longest-serving U.S. Senator in Kentucky history, having represented the state since 1984, was recently criticized by President Trump for failing to pass the healthcare reform bill through the Senate.

“Can you believe that Mitch McConnell who has screamed Repeal & Replace for 7 years, couldn’t get it done,” Trump wrote on Twitter earlier this month. “Mitch, get back to work and put Repeal & Replace, Tax Reform & Cuts and a great Infrastructure Bill on my desk for signing.”

Read more:  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/21/poll-mitch-mcconnells-kentucky-approval-rating-plummets-to-18-percent/

Voters in Kentucky also have a far higher opinion of Trump’s job in office, giving him a 60 percent approval rating. In last year’s presidential election, Trump carried the state by 62.5 against Hillary Clinton’s 32.7 percent.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/21/poll-mitch-mcconnells-kentucky-approval-rating-plummets-to-18-percent/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Calling Mitch McConnell a "Republican" is insulting to me. I'm not a freaking fool. And I don't like being made fun of.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Folks are paying attention.   :thumbsup:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump won 62.5% versus Hillary, and retains approval rating of 60% per this poll.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Why is it that high? He is worthless GOPe, content to follow the dimocraps.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline bilo

I wonder how many of the voters who voted for him because "he's not a Rat and we can't afford to lose the Senate" wish they could vote again. The failure of these Pubs to do what they said they would do should cost them their jobs, but it doesn't. The voters keep putting them back in expecting better results. I know I won't do that anymore and I'm encouraging all my friends to do the same.

It is shameful that they don't keep their promises and that there are no consequences for it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It's all part of the uniparty, the monoparty, one party rule.

McCain is one of the architects of single party rule. Graham, McConnell, are all with him.

The ultimate goal of all these weasels is to get the American people out of politics altogether. These smug elitist A-holes believe that they are the 'ruling class'. And that they are not responsible to anyone except themselves.

Why they keep getting elected is because that is how they have set the system up. It is almost impossible to run against them, and win.

They know it. They built it. And they love it.

When you give the employees the ability to set up their own positions, and to vote themselves raises twice a year, this is what you get. There is no controlling authority. All the pretend 'controlling' constructs are all controlled by the people that they are supposed to watch.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:22:36 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
18% ????  who are these people?  We need to give them a lobotomy.

Looks like they already had them.

Offline Hoodat

“Can you believe that Mitch McConnell who has screamed Repeal & Replace for 7 years, couldn’t get it done,” Trump wrote on Twitter earlier this month.

Conservatives told you that back in 2014.  The TEA Party even backed a challenger that almost primaried McConnell.  Unfortunately, certain establishment asshats broke out their checkbooks and saved McConnell's job that year.

Maybe if you had listened to Conservatives, you wouldn't have McConnell standing in your way right now.  But you didn't.  And you still don't.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
OK, so the folks in Kentucky have finally realized that Mitch ain't their guy any more.

Who's stepping up there to replace him?
Who's going to run against him?

Names, please?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
They have no one to blame but themselves. In 2014, they could have gotten rid of McConnell during the primary with Matt Bevin. They chose not to, but apparently thought enough about him to elect Bevin governor in 2015.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:37:12 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
OK, so the folks in Kentucky have finally realized that Mitch ain't their guy any more.

Names, please?

See post above.  They had a great opportunity.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

Calling Mitch McConnell a "Republican" is insulting to me. I'm not a freaking fool. And I don't like being made fun of.

McConnell IS a Republican -- a lying, conniving, thieving liberal Republican.  He is what the party is now. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
McConnell IS a Republican -- a lying, conniving, thieving liberal Republican.  He is what the party is now.

I am political junkie who has kept up with this since kind of stuff since the '60's.  McConnell is by far the worst Majority/Minority Leader at least in my lifetime.

How he remains in power, is something from a bizarro world / alternative reality.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

I am political junkie who has kept up with this since kind of stuff since the '60's.  McConnell is by far the worst Majority/Minority Leader at least in my lifetime.

How he remains in power, is something from a bizarro world / alternative reality.

He stays in power because 99% of his colleagues are just like him.  And I'm sure bribery, such as the promise of a committee chairmanship, in exchange for votes helps.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He stays in power because 99% of his colleagues are just like him.  And I'm sure bribery, such as the promise of a committee chairmanship, in exchange for votes helps.

As minority leader?  A Eunuch
As majority leader?  Criminal squanderer
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Names, please?

Bingo.  Unless he steps down or a conservative steps up to run against him chances are the same people that are belly aching will vote for him again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.