Author Topic: The Trump administration just disbanded a federal advisory committee on climate change  (Read 6983 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, if Trump wants a panel populated by true scientists who haven't drunk the global warming Kool-Aid and who want to bring true scientific data to the forefront, starting fresh with just such a panel would be the right move. Out with the old, in with the new.
A breath of fresh air just might do climate studies some good.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

So apropos.

One of the most mistranslated phrases almost rivaling the misinterpretation of global warming data.

:beer:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So apropos.

One of the most mistranslated phrases almost rivaling the misinterpretation of global warming data.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline endicom

Yep. Another bucket out of the swamp.

It takes a congress to drain a swamp.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

It takes a congress to drain a swamp.

Good luck there. They went extinct a long time ago.

Offline corbe

Since all the 'important people' here (to me anyway) that really don't like Trump have given him Kudo's for such a bold move and have been slapped around and ignored by the Trumpers, I'm gonna go on record as saying Ivanka ordered this so she can create HER own panel with Al Gore as Chairman. 
    All this Global Warming posturing by President Trump means squat, so far, money talks, BS walks and all I've seen is talk and BS, so far. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
My, but that is what I had said, about the bucket out of the swamp..

Nothing is ever good enough for YOU FOLKS.

You shitbirds are so ready to pull the trigger on people who say something good about Trump, you only ensure it is all the more difficult to be fair to the man. Piss off.

Oh that's right you're a cry baby.    Grow up
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
    Since all the 'important people' here (to me anyway) that really don't like Trump have given him Kudo's for such a bold move and have been slapped around and ignored by the Trumpers, I'm gonna go on record as saying Ivanka ordered this so she can create HER own panel with Al Gore as Chairman. 
    All this Global Warming posturing by President Trump means squat, so far, money talks, BS walks and all I've seen is talk and BS, so far.

You mean this is all about Ivanka's fall wardrobe collection?????

shit

Offline Fantom

This is more than likely good news unless the advisory panel was populated by true scientists who haven't drunk the global warming Kool-Aid and who want to bring true scientific data to the forefront. It would seem that the Trump administration -- an administration not known for harboring sacred cows -- would be the perfect (and perhaps only) place to bring forth a viewpoint different from the one which we are told we may not argue against.

Personally, I'd like to very publically blow a big hole in the notion that man-made climate change is settled science. And, Lord forgive me, but I want to see Al Gore and his ilk publically shamed.

Heh, thank you for the subscript to your Avatar... for a moment I was in some heavy cognitive dissonance.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

:silly:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Joe has a point.  There are a lot of people around here who's attitude is "I don't trust him, nor like him much, but when I see him do a good thing I'll praise him."  This is one of those times, and do you welcome him with open arms?  No!  You call him a crybaby.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

Joe has a point.  There are a lot of people around here who's attitude is "I don't trust him, nor like him much, but when I see him do a good thing I'll praise him."  This is one of those times, and do you welcome him with open arms?  No!  You call him a crybaby.

Given the pattern of behavior, no one should be surprised.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Given the pattern of behavior, no one should be surprised.

I've long said the Trump folks are doing more to drive people away than the man himself.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

I've long said the Trump folks are doing more to drive people away than the man himself.
Truth. It is hard to support someone's actions when his supporters have a fit even when you agree.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

Truth. It is hard to support someone's actions when his supporters have a fit even when you agree.

Yeah, if you could genuflect a bit more that'd be great.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah, if you could genuflect a bit more that'd be great.
Not with my knees, sister.  :laugh:

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Go ahead and support Trump's actions if you think they are good. His supporters can be unsupportive all they want.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Seriously the constant harping and whining you like but something positive and you say it's driving you away.  With friends like you guys who needs enemies.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline RoosGirl

Seriously the constant harping and whining you like but something positive and you say it's driving you away.  With friends like you guys who needs enemies.

I'm trying to remember if you've ever said anything positive....   I think I would have remembered that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
A bucket out is better then a bucket in.   Good grief nothing is never good enough for you folks.

Not a dang thing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
With friends like you guys who needs enemies.

That's what I'm talking about.  Open hand, meet clenched fist.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:52:31 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.