Author Topic: 19 times Trump called jobs numbers ‘fake’ before they made him look good  (Read 1196 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Remember when the Adjusted U3 numbers were called fake stats or fake news? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

....Not so long ago, however, Trump's view of the monthly jobs report, which comes courtesy of the nonpartisan federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, was markedly different. As recently as December, he described the report as “totally fiction.”

If there was any argument over whether Trump was flip-flopping on the jobs report at the precise moment it reflected positively on him, White House press secretary Sean Spicer laid it to rest Friday afternoon, telling reporters: “I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote him very clearly: 'They may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now.' ”.......

...but....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/03/10/19-times-trump-called-the-jobs-numbers-fake-before-they-made-him-look-good/?utm_term=.675a9789e1d4

Oceander

Obviously.  At least it's obvious to those of us who don't worship the Orange God. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
One does not need to be a fan of "the orange god" to know there isn't a single Federal Bureaucracy that has not been politicized.  Just because Trump is foolhardy enough to call it out doesn't mean it isn't true.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

One does not need to be a fan of "the orange god" to know there isn't a single Federal Bureaucracy that has not been politicized.  Just because Trump is foolhardy enough to call it out doesn't mean it isn't true.

He only called it out it when it gained him points to do so; now he's changed his tune, and the only fact that can explain that change is that now it matters to him that people believe the numbers are true.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He only called it out it when it gained him points to do so; now he's changed his tune, and the only fact that can explain that change is that now it matters to him that people believe the numbers are true.

I can't argue with that.  Live by the politicized reports, die by them as well.  It's like people constantly quoting opinion polls as if they aren't also politicized. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: