Author Topic: Fox's Shep Smith: We couldn't find a Republican willing to come on and defend Trump  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So have I.  Fact is, the best bookers in the world can't get GOP to come interview with that pr*ck.

He's lucky to still be walking around after the crap he pulled when he was in town here to cover an execution a few years ago!  bleep doesn't begin to cover it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 03:03:59 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Emjay wrote:
"Those creepy little pols blaming Trump for this are hurting their own cause, their own party and their own country.
This is the kind of pettiness that you constantly blame Trump for."

Best post in thread.
Kudos.

Thanks @Fishrrman ... that makes up for being called a dufus !!
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Fox's Shep Smith: We couldn't find a Republican willing to come on and defend Trump

Shep here are facts broken down simply:

(1) Slimeball faction #1 gets a permit and demonstrates legally
(2) Slimeball faction #2 does not get a permit and does not demonstrate legally.
(3) Violence is incited by both sides
(4) DJT scolds both slime ball factions for fact 3
(5) DJT is not supported by his own party for action in response in facts 1-4.

What am I missing here?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
He's not blaming Trump for Charlottesville, simply pointing out that Trump has not made allies, allies that he clearly needs at times like this, and that this is Trumps own doing.

:amen:

He'll be lucky if he serves a single full term. There isn't an ounce of humility in him and all he can do is attack.

Online Hoodat

What am I missing here?

The only thing you are missing is the key ingredient that allowed step 3 to occur, which was a state takeover of the situation with the emergency declaration.  Slimeball faction #1 was marched to Park B directly into the path of Slimeball faction #2.  Once Slimeball faction #1 was corralled into Park B pen, Slimeball faction #2 was allowed to set up camp at which point Slimeball faction #1 was forced into their lines by state police wearing full riot gear.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Shep here are facts broken down simply:

(1) Slimeball faction #1 gets a permit and demonstrates legally
(2) Slimeball faction #2 does not get a permit and does not demonstrate legally.
(3) Violence is incited by both sides
(4) DJT scolds both slime ball factions for fact 3
(5) DJT is not supported by his own party for action in response in facts 1-4.

What am I missing here?

We are missing the slightest bit of intelligence and common sense from Trump's critics.

And, off topic, but I hope Trump pursues the goal of stopping this ridiculous taking down of historical statues and monuments.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
:amen:

He'll be lucky if he serves a single full term. There isn't an ounce of humility in him and all he can do is attack.

What does creating allies have to do with fairness. 

The people attacking him are just trying to make themselves look good.

Whether there is any humility in Trump or not has nothing to do with this situation.

Who did he attack?

He attacked both racists groups and rightly so.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Not you too, @txradioguy   I expect that kind of stuff from @Oldeander but you usually have some degree of restraint.

I have said since the beginning that Trump's attacks on his own party and late night twitter rants would come back to bite him in the @as at a time when he really needed a friend.

This is one of those times. That's all @Oceander was pointing out.

He's right.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

Last time I checked Cain was a Republican.

Herman Cain: Trump's critics can't make 'racism' claim stick

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/16/herman-cain-trumps-critics-cant-make-racism-claim-stick.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Last time I checked Cain was a Republican.

Herman Cain: Trump's critics can't make 'racism' claim stick

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/16/herman-cain-trumps-critics-cant-make-racism-claim-stick.html

I guess Shep didn't have any contact numbers for him.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess Shep didn't have any contact numbers for him.

I think it's safe to assume Smith was either lying about not being able to book Republicans, or he had trouble booking them because they don't like him for the same reason they have been avoiding town halls that are infiltrated with Antifa thugs.  They see Shepard Smith as just another partisan thug, so they decline invitations.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I think it's safe to assume Smith was either lying about not being able to book Republicans, or he had trouble booking them because they don't like him for the same reason they have been avoiding town halls that are infiltrated with Antifa thugs.  They see Shepard Smith as just another partisan thug, so they decline invitations.

Either that or the reality is that he couldn't find any to come on and bash Trump...so he just altered the reason slightly.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:35:16 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Either that or besides the reality is that he couldn't find any to come on and bash Trump...so he just altered the reason slightly.  :shrug:

Its certainly not inconceivable that Shep would lie. Its pretty much the same lie that Sean Hannity told about Ted Cruz.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I wouldn't defend Trump either. But that is the message the left and the fake news media wants everyone to hear.  They are just trying to coverup the anarchy they themselves are stirring up. It's a distraction!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I have said since the beginning that Trump's attacks on his own party and late night twitter rants would come back to bite him in the @as at a time when he really needed a friend.

This is one of those times. That's all @Oceander was pointing out.

He's right.

Oh, please.  Even if Trump had been a nicer guy, these same elements would have jumped at the chance to try to destroy him on this.

The country shouldn't have to pay for Trump's personality flaws and the people who are jumping on Trump for being perfectly fair in this situation are hardly patriots.

Offline the_doc

Oh, please.  Even if Trump had been a nicer guy, these same elements would have jumped at the chance to try to destroy him on this.

The country shouldn't have to pay for Trump's personality flaws and the people who are jumping on Trump for being perfectly fair in this situation are hardly patriots.

We are still left with the fact that Trump is a pretty crass guy, which crassness fits the false narrative of the leftists in this particular mess.  Trumps prior words make their accusations of racism seem credible to the stupid people of our electorate--which seems to includes well over half of our electorate, i.e., all of Hillary's voters and about half of Republicans.

I am hoping Trump survives this travesty of slander, but what goes around comes around.

Offline GrouchoTex

FWIW, CNN also said they tried to contact 55 republicans and only found one to come on the air....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FWIW, CNN also said they tried to contact 55 republicans and only found one to come on the air....

I have great respect for you, but it's not worth much.  I've been checking out CNN from time to time since the weekend, and their reporting is off-the-rails.  In fact, last night their caption indicated they were discussing "Trump's off-the-rails remarks."  No Republican politician is going to sully himself going on a program with these foaming at the mouth types.  It's no-win.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

CNN is famous for ambush interviews, I bet a good bunch of those 55 wouldn't go on CNN for any reason.
And Don Lemon is the slimiest f'er of them all.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:57:18 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

I have great respect for you, but it's not worth much.  I've been checking out CNN from time to time since the weekend, and their reporting is off-the-rails.  In fact, last night their caption indicated they were discussing "Trump's off-the-rails remarks."  No Republican politician is going to sully himself going on a program with these foaming at the mouth types.  It's no-win.

Fair enough, but Fox and CNN both are reporting the same type of scenario, where no Republicans want to go on their shows.
Why? I do not know.
Perhaps you are correct, as it could definetly be a no-win situation on CNN.
It's as good a reason as any to stay away.
If it were only CNN, but....

I find it interesting that both Fox and CNN are experiencing the same phenomenon at the same time.

Perhaps there is more to this than one reason.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Fair enough, but Fox and CNN both are reporting the same type of scenario, where no Republicans want to go on their shows.
Why? I do not know.

I find it interesting that both Fox and CNN are experiencing the same phenomenon at the same time.

Perhaps because they are tired of being ambushed, not allowed to answer questions, talked over by the hosts, and otherwise totally disrespected!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

anyone who falls for this trump crap is also in denial that there isn't a fake news media war against Trump.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline GrouchoTex

Perhaps because they are tired of being ambushed, not allowed to answer questions, talked over by the hosts, and otherwise totally disrespected!

Of course, this is usually the case by the media, trying to be the headline instead of reporting it.

I think there is more to this:

An elected republican who goes on TV and agrees or disagrees with Trump, he/she angers (give or take) half the party, no matter which way he turns.
They disagree, the Trump supporters are mad. They agree, the Anti-Trump supporters are mad.
Trump is not really a unifying figure, one can just follow his tweets and figure that out.

More to gain by saying nothing than saying something.

The no-win cuts this direction,also.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why? I do not know.

This thread has been about Shemp Smith, and he's no different than CNN.  I see plenty of GOP (politicians and operators) on other programs on FNC and FNB.  No, I think it's the foaming-at-the-mouth reporters who are responsible for Republicans staying away.  Either they're avoiding ambush interviews, or the reporters are straight-out lying about the response they're getting.  Either is plausible.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Of course, this is usually the case by the media, trying to be the headline instead of reporting it.

I think there is more to this:

An elected republican who goes on TV and agrees or disagrees with Trump, he/she angers (give or take) half the party, no matter which way he turns.
They disagree, the Trump supporters are mad. They agree, the Anti-Trump supporters are mad.
Trump is not really a unifying figure, one can just follow his tweets and figure that out.

More to gain by saying nothing than saying something.

The no-win cuts this direction,also.

When I read both your comments, I don't see any disagreement between the two, really.

@Bigun @GrouchoTex
I will NOT comply.