Author Topic: Fox's Shep Smith: We couldn't find a Republican willing to come on and defend Trump  (Read 4860 times)

Oceander

Such a wonderful illustration of the vices of a cult of personality. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sucking up is not the adult's alternative to what Trump has been doing to most republicans.  Simply trying to work together and staying off twitter would have earned him goodwill.

The bottom line is this: why stick your neck out for an asinine schmuck who'll probably piss on you anyways the next chance he gets?

Loyalty is earned through hard work and merit, it isn't spoils or tribute to be demanded by a conqueror.

This is not grade school.  If those little schmucks got their feelings hurt by Trump to the point that they cannot support him in a good cause, they have no business being in the party.

Why do you call it sticking your neck out?

To support a correct and courageous position doesn't require sticking your neck out.

You are allowing your Trump hate to cloud this issue.  You might re-think your position.

Or maybe not.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I cannot believe you are blaming Trump for this.

Wait ... maybe I can.
I believe that most conservative's share a common experience.  Being called a racist when nothing could be further than the truth.  Blacks like Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell, and Condoleezza Rice are our heroes.  Being undercut by the President tomorrow is also a consideration.  Who else would you blame but Trump for his lack of passionate defenders other than Richard Spenser and David Duke.  Watch for them soon on MSNBC.

Offline dfwgator

There is something wrong with Shemp.     He looks aidzy.

Maybe it's that time of the month.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You keep making irrelevant posts.

Our feelings about Trump have nothing to do with this issue and you should be ashamed for automatically taking the anti-Trump side here.

And the fact that you are siding with that little worm Shep doesn't say much good about you.

Offline bilo

There is no excuse for refusing to do the right thing. The Republican Party is repugnant.

You're right.

Pres. Trump is right about this. The Alt-left came looking for a fight and the alt-right was happy to fight them. The whole thing is a terrible mess and these extremists don't represent people who have differing views on the statues. The Pubs are cowards and immediately fall in line with the media paradigm that the alt-left are a bunch of peaceful hippy types and all conservatives are supporters of the KKK and white nationalists.

Pres Trump is not articulate, but what I do admire is he will fight.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

Our feelings about Trump have nothing to do with this issue and you should be ashamed for automatically taking the anti-Trump side here.

And the fact that you are siding with that little worm Shep doesn't say much good about you.

I read it as 'I surrender'.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Maybe it's that time of the month.

I haven't watched him in quite a while but there was a time when he looked like he might collapse and die right on the set.

Since then, the last time I saw him he looked healthier, but he has not chosen a healthy lifestyle.

Offline bilo

Two groups show up with shields and bats to knock the crap out of each other, but because someone is killed only the side that didn't suffer the casualty has guilt worthy of mention? I don't understand that logic at all.

Trump said just the right thing, the republican party is repugnant and cowardly for not backing him up.

Oh but don't you understand? The alt-left are a bunch of touchy feely hippy types /s.

Oceander

You should be ashamed for worshipping Trump as if he were a god, and if you were to look away from your god every so often you'd realize that I don't automatically take every anti-Trump position here. 

But I guess that's too much to expect from someone who has deified another human being.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Case in point. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Case in point.

They don't seem to get it do they?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

Sucking up is not the adult's alternative to what Trump has been doing to most republicans.  Simply trying to work together and staying off twitter would have earned him goodwill.

The bottom line is this: why stick your neck out for an asinine schmuck who'll probably piss on you anyways the next chance he gets?

Loyalty is earned through hard work and merit, it isn't spoils or tribute to be demanded by a conqueror.

I think you're right that a lot of people who might support Pres. Trump have seen how he will turn on his supporters. I remember the HFC taking all kinds of heat over obamacare and then when the House passed their bill Pres. Trump called it "mean". It's clear Pres. Trump is not careful in his language and is not good at cultivating allies. He's more of a rough and right now kind of guy who will say anything and do anything in order to get something done. After the goal is accomplished he figures everyone will let it go and new alliances will be formed to get the next project done.

I've been in real estate most of my life. When I was doing sales I could fight another broker toe to toe and after the deal closed we just moved on. It was never, no matter what was said, don't do a deal with that person again. The career politicians and the media can't relate to this type interaction. For them everything is personal and grudges carry over.

I think what will surprise most of these people who think Pres. Trump is reprehensible is how strong his support really is. The polls are way off.

Oceander

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I think you're right that a lot of people who might support Pres. Trump have seen how he will turn on his supporters. I remember the HFC taking all kinds of heat over obamacare and then when the House passed their bill Pres. Trump called it "mean". It's clear Pres. Trump is not careful in his language and is not good at cultivating allies. He's more of a rough and right now kind of guy who will say anything and do anything in order to get something done. After the goal is accomplished he figures everyone will let it go and new alliances will be formed to get the next project done.

I've been in real estate most of my life. When I was doing sales I could fight another broker toe to toe and after the deal closed we just moved on. It was never, no matter what was said, don't do a deal with that person again. The career politicians and the media can't relate to this type interaction. For them everything is personal and grudges carry over.

I think what will surprise most of these people who think Pres. Trump is reprehensible is how strong his support really is. The polls are way off.

Most certainly, they are. 

Furthermore, for poll purposes, who the hell is going to publicly admit to being a Trump supporter in today's climate?

That said, I'm afraid that they've got the Trump Hate Train at full throttle, and every moron over 18 will be voting anti-Trump in 2018

We're f##ked.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bilo

Most certainly, they are. 

Furthermore, for poll purposes, who the hell is going to publicly admit to being a Trump supporter in today's climate?

That said, I'm afraid that they've got the Trump Hate Train at full throttle, and every moron over 18 will be voting anti-Trump in 2018

We're f##ked.

Pres. Trump won't be on the ballot in 2018. The Pubs who didn't keep their promises will be. I know I won't be voting for them.

Pres. Trump is a President without a party. The weak Pub establishment supports him in name only. The conservatives in the Pub party support him, but it's been made painfully clear that they are a minority within the Pub party. I expect the Pubs to lose a lot of seats in the House and maybe pick up a third of the seats they should have in the Senate in 2018. The conversion of the Pub party into a minority party will be completed in 2020. Pres. Trump will win re-election if he decides to run.

It's a mess. The Pubs have controlled the govt. only 4x's in 100 years. They could have put any legislation in front of Pres. Trump on health care, tax reform, infrastructure, entitlement reform, immigration reform, etc. and they can't get anything done. The Pubs have made it clear they have no core values, no party discipline and should not be a majority party.

Offline GrouchoTex

The positive is, eventually these people will pay more attention to the Antifas and they will realize that in the end, Trump did have a point.    Before this, how many people in this country had even heard of the term, "Antifa"?

@dfwgator

If something good could come out of this, it could be this.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@dfwgator

If something good could come out of this, it could be this.

If the morons hadn't heard of "Antifa" yet, they are willingly stupid and won't be moved by it now.  Good god these people are dumb.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

This is belittling all Trump supporters, some are concerned about National Security, some are pro-life which I believe I have seen you on more than one occasion,  :facepalm2: how cute or national security, I don't see how one is able to say such per rules here but believe it or not, as opposed to such judgements on others here, perhaps it is not these other people you diss that are shallow. Or what was that in the one thread talking about Trump? "Little shits" or something, I'm not sure if that was in regards to Trump or to whom but I did see it.  And during the election, somehow morality was posed as what you were interested in as well.

:facepalm2:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Well, Shep, you couldn't find one but I"ve been hearing them on fox and the radio all day.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, Shep, you couldn't find one but I"ve been hearing them on fox and the radio all day.

So have I.  Fact is, the best bookers in the world can't get GOP to come interview with that pr*ck.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You should be ashamed for worshipping Trump as if he were a god, and if you were to look away from your god every so often you'd realize that I don't automatically take every anti-Trump position here. 

But I guess that's too much to expect from someone who has deified another human being.

This post is beyond un-real.  Haven't you ever read any of my posts.

I have always known Trump for what he is.  He has surprised me as President by being better than I expected.

If you don't automatically take every anti-Trump position, you have been very quiet about the pro-Trump positions because I don't remember one.  Remind me ?

This is a perfect chance to take a pro-Trump position and you have been ranting against him all day.

Kindly do not accuse me of deifying Trump because I don't agree with you.  It's classless.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
They don't seem to get it do they?

Not you too, @txradioguy   I expect that kind of stuff from @Oldeander but you usually have some degree of restraint.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Emjay wrote:
"Those creepy little pols blaming Trump for this are hurting their own cause, their own party and their own country.
This is the kind of pettiness that you constantly blame Trump for."

Best post in thread.
Kudos.