Author Topic: Growing Number of Republican Lawmakers Call on Trump to Condemn White Nationalists by Name  (Read 13087 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Sanguine @Smokin Joe

Here's a little Marx for you!

Karl Marx, 1861

Karl Marx
I have long maintained that the threat of Abolition wielded by the North was an Economic threat, first and foremost.
Not only would the wealthiest (as well as the small slave owner) be divested of major assets (slaves did have considerable value), but would be deprived of the necessary labor to raise and harvest the crops which were the backbone of the Southern economy.
That the South sought to secure that vital part of the economy would be no surprise, but that was only one facet of the economic fight, and the last straw as far as many were concerned.
Slavery, with the influx and migration of large numbers of European immigrants would have died on its own accord. The supply was so massive, that not only could Northerners be selective in who they hired ("The Irish need not apply"), but they used them mercilessly as cannon fodder, even paying immigrants to go to war to escape conscription. The economics of paying someone a wage and letting them fend for themselves for housing, food, medicine, and not having money invested in their existence would have lured the vast majority of slave owners to manumit. Slaves in much of Maryland were increasingly being freed before the war, because the nature of the agriculture practiced there no longer required as many to grow and harvest the produce demanded by the expanding populations of the Federal District and Baltimore.

When the economics of long term costs versus revenue are weighed against purchase price, the equation works out that it is cheaper to free slaves and hire them back or hire immigrants who have no up front investment burden, and can be fired at a whim. When there is no longer any necessity to pay for housing food clothing etc. (to maintain that initial investment) company store arrangements can be used to recoup part of the wages (or all of them) and debtor laws leave those who are profligate in their spending in thrall as serious as slavery.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Smokin Joe

Actually that is not quite true!

Many of the leaders of the failed Marxist revolutions which occurred all over Europe in and around 1848 (commonly referred to as the 48ers by historians) escaped the hangman by running to America! Some of them became prominent in bringing about the death of the Whig party and the rising of the new Republican party and many of those were rewarded with military commissions in Mr. Lincoln's army one of which (August Willich) rose to the rank of Major General and never stopped a running correspondence with his friend Karl Marx until Marx passed away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Willich

I didn't know it either. Thanks @Bigun. I guess the reason people don't learn from the past is they don't know it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I didn't know it either. Thanks @Bigun. I guess the reason people don't learn from the past is they don't know it.

Pretty much!  Joseph Goebbels learned his craft from a man by the name of Edward Bernays  who worked for Woodrow Wilson!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Pretty much!  Joseph Goebbels learned his craft from a man by the name of Edward Bernays  who worked for Woodrow Wilson!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

Bacon and eggs!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Hey @Sanguine.  Have you ever read the book of Enoch?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I have.

I was thinking about your beginning of time thing.

According to that book, thank the fallen angels for all the world woes.

I was also thinking about how much of that influence is present today. The fruits of the labor coming on in season from seeds planted long ago.

The art of warcraft.

"And Azazel taught men to make swords and knives and shields and breastplates; and made known to them the metals [of the earth] and the art of working them; and bracelets and ornaments; and the use of antimony and the beautifying of the eyelids; and all kinds of costly stones and all colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray and became corrupt in all their ways." And the other things the other ones taught to people.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I was also thinking about how much of that influence is present today. The fruits of the labor coming on in season from seeds planted long ago.

The art of warcraft.

"And Azazel taught men to make swords and knives and shields and breastplates; and made known to them the metals [of the earth] and the art of working them; and bracelets and ornaments; and the use of antimony and the beautifying of the eyelids; and all kinds of costly stones and all colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray and became corrupt in all their ways." And the other things the other ones taught to people.

it was LONG before that my friend:

Revelation 12:7-9 - And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,   (Read More...)

Revelation 12:7-12 - And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,   (Read More...)

Isaiah 14:12 - How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-War-In-Heaven/

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

The art of warcraft.

There's a German word: augenblick, meaning time measured as an eyeblink.  We've only been here for an augenblick.  We tend to think we're so much more intelligent and knowledgeable than those people.  Maybe God will mold us more into his own image yet, given time.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
There's a German word: augenblick, meaning time measured as an eyeblink.  We've only been here for an augenblick.  We tend to think we're so much more intelligent and knowledgeable than those people.  Maybe God will mold us more into his own image yet, given time.

Maybe God will mold us more into his own image yet, given time.

No. See. It is free will. Give your free will back to the Source and see. See that Faith. What you say happens. It isn't He molding us into his own image. It is us molding ourselves back into His.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

No. See. It is free will. Give your free will back to the Source and see. See that Faith. What you say happens. It isn't He molding us into his own image. It is us molding ourselves back into His.

BRAVO!!!   Right on Fred!!!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I stand corrected, Fred.  You are right.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
And I practice what I preach. Every day every day every day. Except for the time off to be an ahole.