Author Topic: Growing Number of Republican Lawmakers Call on Trump to Condemn White Nationalists by Name  (Read 13080 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
driftdiver wrote:
"And the White Nationalists who have formed as a response to the black & latino nationalists that have been prominent for quite a while now.  The difference being the white nationalists say they just think whites deserve a seat at the table.  They say they are tired of white people being demonized."

Thanks for being unafraid to say that in clear and objective language.

Whites deserve "a seat at the table" because in America, it was whites who -built- the table -- and wrote the documents -on the table- that, once signed, became the framework for the greatest governance humankind has ever seen.

How many signatures of non-whites appear upon those documents?

More apropos to the topic:
In Charlottesville, how many of the alt-right folks engaged in violence, other than that kid in the car who lost it? (he'll be punished)
In Charlottesville, how many of the antifa folks engaged in violence?

I sense that an unbiased investigation will discover that the violence came from the left, and not from the right.

If that's the case, shouldn't we be praising the demonstrators of the alt-right, for showing restraint and self-discipline?

Great, great post.   :beer:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

driftdiver wrote:
"And the White Nationalists who have formed as a response to the black & latino nationalists that have been prominent for quite a while now.  The difference being the white nationalists say they just think whites deserve a seat at the table.  They say they are tired of white people being demonized."

Thanks for being unafraid to say that in clear and objective language.

Whites deserve "a seat at the table" because in America, it was whites who -built- the table -- and wrote the documents -on the table- that, once signed, became the framework for the greatest governance humankind has ever seen.

How many signatures of non-whites appear upon those documents?

More apropos to the topic:
In Charlottesville, how many of the alt-right folks engaged in violence, other than that kid in the car who lost it? (he'll be punished)
In Charlottesville, how many of the antifa folks engaged in violence?

I sense that an unbiased investigation will discover that the violence came from the left, and not from the right.

If that's the case, shouldn't we be praising the demonstrators of the alt-right, for showing restraint and self-discipline?

How far we've come since 1965, whites pleading for a 'seat at the table'.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Whites have always had a seat at the table.   It's sad to see "white nationalists" obsessed with the same divisive identity politics as the left. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

Whites have always had a seat at the table.   It's sad to see "white nationalists" obsessed with the same divisive identity politics as the left.

Its sad that "whites" are forced to asked to be considered based on their race, but its not said "whites" that created the spoils system that necessitates it.

Offline NavyCanDo

Well who's the genius that though letting the White Supremacists march with the Antifas was a good idea?

And here is another boneheaded idea...calling the fascist march "Unite The Right" which implicates all of us on the Right as being in league with them.  At least the way the Liberal media will spin this, and right up to the mid term elections.  What should be in the news following the march is the debate over removing symbols of the Confederacy. Instead the marchers themselves steel the headlines away, and the statue topic is no more. Nice job idiots.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And here is another boneheaded idea...calling the fascist march "Unite The Right" which implicates all of us on the Right as being in league with them.  At least the way the Liberal media will spin this, and right up to the mid term elections.  What should be in the news following the march is the debate over removing symbols of the Confederacy. Instead the marchers themselves steel the headlines away, and the statue topic is no more. Nice job idiots.

Didn't the Antifas and BLMers show up uninvited?

And, I suspect the people who came up with the name did so exactly for the reason of linking all of the "right" with them.

Offline goatprairie

I visit alt-right sites as well as alt-left sites to see what the crazies on both extremes are up to.  It was obvious that many ARers/WNs really believed Trump was going to declare himself a fellow WN and pass laws to enable AR and WN positions. Not a Trump fan ( I did vote for him to avoid Hillary), but I never thought Trump was any kind of racist. He was willing to accept support from a variety of sources, but even before the election he had made statements denouncing David Duke. 
But the naivete of the WNs and their supporters in thinking they could "unite the right" with a campaign of hate against non-whites was doomed from the start.  The Republicans would never win another national election if they allied with race-haters.  What conservatives demand is that ALL!!! laws favoring different demographics over others be abolished for constitutional reasons and the Rule Of Law be enforced equally. That's it. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I visit alt-right sites as well as alt-left sites to see what the crazies on both extremes are up to.  It was obvious that many ARers/WNs really believed Trump was going to declare himself a fellow WN and pass laws to enable AR and WN positions. Not a Trump fan ( I did vote for him to avoid Hillary), but I never thought Trump was any kind of racist. He was willing to accept support from a variety of sources, but even before the election he had made statements denouncing David Duke. 
But the naivete of the WNs and their supporters in thinking they could "unite the right" with a campaign of hate against non-whites was doomed from the start.  The Republicans would never win another national election if they allied with race-haters.  What conservatives demand is that ALL!!! laws favoring different demographics over others be abolished for constitutional reasons and the Rule Of Law be enforced equally. That's it.

They do think this. A scary number wanted Trump to start "cleansing".

Offline RetBobbyMI

And I'd add to that group, the multi-culturalism nuts as well.  Taking away others' heritage is prejudice too.
And add BLM nut jobs too. They pretend that one race matters over others.

Besides, why does make a point to tear down memorials to our past history? If they think something is missing, erect their memorial, not tear down others. IF slavery is a point, then erect a memorial to the slaves. Infuriating others does not make peace.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Hoodat

Whites have always had a seat at the table.

What table?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did they not have the right to march?

The White Supremacists, Klan, and Neo-Nazi-types could have just simply chose to ignore them.....but NOOOOOOOOO....they wanted blood, and they got it.
They didn't have the right to force the people out of the park who had a permit to hold their event. I have a right to swing my arm. When I hit someone, that right ends.

They (Antifa/BLM) didn't have a permit. They invaded the space the other group had a permit to use.

I'd say that's wrong.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

There is no justification for Nazis, the Klan, or White Supremacists.

Period.

Any rally must be met with widespread protests and condemnation.
Justify BLM, based on what? Trayvon Martin and the thug in Missouri? On media lies and distortions? People acting like brownshirts on the basis of their proclaiming they are ANTI-Fascist?

There is no excuse for any of them, but it is obvious who the MSM favors.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I can't stand them either.  But they've got a right to assemble, march, and speak. As long as they don't promote violence at their rallies, they're allowed to march and speak.....AND NOT BE INTERFERED WITH!!!.
This, very simply, is the fact all should be looking at.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This, very simply, is the fact all should be looking at.

Pretty much what I said on another thread.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

What happened there?   A Nazi ran down folks, repeatedly, with his car.   How can that not be condemned in the strongest terms?
Sure, I condemn running down people in the streets.

I must note, If they hadn't been out there violently protesting a lawful assembly, they would have been perfectly safe, though.

From the video I saw, though, he ran into the crowd and backed out. I'm not sure that qualifies for the optic of "repeatedly", which would usually entail going forward and backing up multiple times. There is enough inflammatory rhetoric in the world without resorting to that here.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

When a neo-Nazi murders someone at a white supremacist, Klan, and neo-Nazi event... you condemn the white supremacists, Klan, and neo-Nazis.

When a violent leftest group injures/kills someone... then you condemn violent leftists.

You don't mix and match.  That is deflection.
He could simply condemn any violence which is intended to silence the opinions of others, no matter where it comes from. That takes in the whole shooting match.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

What table?
He's been visiting that Rich Whiteman again. They have furniture over there. (Didn't have to burn it to keep warm last winter).

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Besides, why does make a point to tear down memorials to our past history? If they think something is missing, erect their memorial, not tear down others. IF slavery is a point, then erect a memorial to the slaves. Infuriating others does not make peace.

Most sane post on the thread. Thank you!

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

He could simply condemn any violence which is intended to silence the opinions of others, no matter where it comes from. That takes in the whole shooting match.

Wheres the political benefit in that?

Offline Smokin Joe

Wheres the political benefit in that?
Neutrality. Look at the Swiss, devastated by war...oh wait.

It is a viable blanket condemnation of misbehaviour that is aimed at the appropriate groups without naming names, and without the need to.

C S Lewis

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Justify BLM, based on what? Trayvon Martin and the thug in Missouri? On media lies and distortions? People acting like brownshirts on the basis of their proclaiming they are ANTI-Fascist?

There is no excuse for any of them, but it is obvious who the MSM favors.

While I agree with your assertion that BLM and Antifa are counterproductive, they don't have the body count of millions (Nazis) and thousands (KKK) of people murdered under their respective banners.

The historical record matters. Those individuals in Charlottesville chose to represent those heinous organizations because they embrace the blood-stained history of said groups.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline skeeter

Neutrality. Look at the Swiss, devastated by war...oh wait.

It is a viable blanket condemnation of misbehaviour that is aimed at the appropriate groups without naming names, and without the need to.

Of course I totally agree.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
While I agree with your assertion that BLM and Antifa are counterproductive, they don't have the body count of millions (Nazis) and thousands (KKK) of people murdered under their respective banners.

The historical record matters. Those individuals in Charlottesville chose to represent those heinous organizations because they embrace the blood-stained history of said groups.

If you are going for historical record include the body count of the groups Antifa and BLM represent.

Offline skeeter

As far as blood stained history goes, international socialism of the kind undergirding authoritarian groups like BLM and Antifa blows every other murderous ideology away in terms of body count.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Who and what am I? Who and what are you? Those are the questions that plagued the Russian romantics, and to which they produced answers that mean nothing in themselves, but which dictated the fate of those to whom they were applied: . . . bourgeoisie and proletariat; capitalist and socialist; exploiter and producer: and all with the simple and glorious meaning of them and us

Revolution: how had it come to that? . . . There was a primary sense, begun by no more than a reading of the morning papers and developed through the new perspectives and new analyses available to the Movement now, that the evils in America were the evils of America, inextricably a part of the total system. . . . Clearly something drastic would be necessary to eradicate those evils and alter that system.

The natural and necessary institutions — chief among them civil society and the law — that make it possible for people to live together peacefully and prosperously require a degree of freedom. Inevitably, grifters will swindle and demagogues will charm. But those determined to subvert these institutions fail to see, or refuse to see, that the most likely alternative to the principle of equality under law is a form of “domination and oppression” worse than anything they currently oppose.

The remedy to outbursts of political turmoil is not to wantonly tear down what fragile order exists, or to impose some new, ill-conceived order by force. Power, at least in the long run, does not grow out of the barrel of a gun; Mao was wrong. Legitimate and stable political power is rooted in the healthful loyalties that temper destructive political passions. Rightly ordered affections — toward God, country, and one another — promote the civic friendship in which citizens work side by side to promote one another’s best interests, and by which inevitable disputes can be resolved with a minimum of conflict. When Lincoln urged that “we are not enemies, but friends,” he was stating a necessary condition of the American republic.

The Antifa ideology can produce only enemies.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448275/antifa-protest-donald-trump-roots-left-wing-political-violence