Author Topic: Growing Number of Republican Lawmakers Call on Trump to Condemn White Nationalists by Name  (Read 13144 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And when is it identity politics, whether we like it or not, ethnic and probably religious groups often get together and vote for when it is in their interests, you have Latino, Black, Jewish groups, etc. So, then, is it wrong for whites to get together?

There seems a bit of a thin line.

The motives of some of these white groups is what I disagree with. Anti-semitism and other factors.

Offline NavyCanDo

Just as Obama could not condem or even utter the words Islamic Radicals, Trump seems to be avoiding naming who these  sadistic violent  biggots are....instead as in the fashion of Obama lumps them into a "there is viloence on all sides" comment. 

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
UPDATE: Via Politico Playbook: “A WHITE HOUSE SPOKESPERSON put out the following statement in response to questions about President Trump’s remarks yesterday, per pooler Gabby Morrongiello of the Washington Examiner. ‘The President said very strongly in his statement yesterday that he condemns all forms of violence, bigotry, and hatred. Of course that includes white supremacists, KKK Neo-Nazi and all extremist groups. He called for national unity and bringing all Americans together.'”

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/08/evil-losers-on-parade.php

But the whole article can be considered.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
That's simple enough -- they are Democrats.

Sessions: Federal Investigation of Charlottesville Underway | Ian Mason | 13 Aug 2017 | Associated Press

[snip] What eyewitnesses described as rolling fist fights and battles with thrown projectiles broke out almost immediately after the hundreds of "Alt Right" activists and other white nationalist rallygoers made their way to the statue of Robert E. Lee, whose potential removal was the event's primary ostensible concern. [/snip]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline dfwgator

Just as Obama could not condem or even utter the words Islamic Radicals, Trump seems to be avoiding naming who these  sadistic violent  biggots are....instead as in the fashion of Obama lumps them into a "there is viloence on all sides" comment.

Yes, there was murder on one side, but there WAS violence on all sides here as well.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Growing Number of Republican Lawmakers Call on Trump to Condemn White Nationalists by Name"

Well, maybe I ought to send him my name.

Because...
... I'm "white" (Caucasian, that is, 100% natural blonde with blue eyes)
and...
... I'm an "America/Western culture first" guy, as well. You might even label such sentiments as "nationalist".

So... what do the two of them together make ME..?

If that makes me a "white nationalist"... well... so be it.

And I'll reckon that it makes quite a few OF YOU reading this, exactly the same!

The difference between us is...
... I have the courage to admit it.

Some other thoughts...
... That guy in the car in Charlottesville was probably just frightened as much as anything else, heck, he's only 20. Got attacked and just lost it. In any case, he'll get his hearing in court.

Expect to see more "confrontations" like this in days to come. The Klansmen would probably do well to do a "William Buckley" and purge themselves of the neo-Nazi contingent, they're not good press for their cause.

Finally, regarding the struggle between the hard left and the right (including the "hard right"), who here expects that the left will ever give up their achievements voluntarily and peacefully?
If they won't, what alternatives are left?

Offline Hoodat

A great deal of blame lies with the Charlottesville Police Department.  Violence broke out early and often, yet they made no arrests.  Instead, they tear-gassed the ones with the permit and made them go to a venue that could only be reached by walking through the downtown area.

They've been at this a month, yet still are giving tacit permission for the leftists to get violent.

The message the President should give is that no race should ever be put above another, and that we are all Americans who have to learn to live together and be respectful to one another.  And then he should announce the launching of an investigation as to how the Charlottesville police and Virginia State Police allowed this to get out of hand in the first place.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Which are they:  White Nationalists or White Supremacists??

Offline goatprairie

There is no justification for Nazis, the Klan, or White Supremacists.

Period.

Any rally must be met with widespread protests and condemnation.
I can't stand them either.  But they've got a right to assemble, march, and speak. As long as they don't promote violence at their rallies, they're allowed to march and speak.....AND NOT BE INTERFERED WITH!!!.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Which are you?   :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I blieve that technically they are "identitarians" which they consider distinct and not spremacy..

Which are you?   :laugh:

If you don't have an answer to my question, say so @bigheadfred ...there's no need to be an ahole.

Offline dfwgator

I can't stand them either.  But they've got a right to assemble, march, and speak. As long as they don't promote violence at their rallies, they're allowed to march and speak.....AND NOT BE INTERFERED WITH!!!.

:amen:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If you don't have an answer to my question, say so @bigheadfred ...there's no need to be an ahole.

Well, FWIW, count me as a white nationalist. They do.

I think the answer to the question is all of the above.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Well, FWIW, count me as a white nationalist. They do.

So, you're a white nationalist.  Leave me at the hell out of that @bigheadfred ... you're on your own.

Offline RoosGirl

I guess personal insults are the order of the day after telling off at least two people for doing the same just a couple days ago.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So, you're a white nationalist.  Leave me at the hell out of that @bigheadfred ... you're on your own.

I said they do. So I am good with that.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I guess personal insults are the order of the day after telling off at least two people for doing the same just a couple days ago.

What insult?

Offline RoosGirl

What insult?

I've always thought calling someone an ahole to be an insult.  Or is that your nickname? :)

Offline RetBobbyMI

What ever happened to the right to peaceful assembly, no matter who you represent? It when someone of opposing views brings in thugs to provoke people that things get ugly.  I don't condone the far Right just as much as I don't condone the left.

This event certainly sounds like a Soros funded setup to provoke the peaceful assemblers.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I've always thought calling someone an ahole to be an insult.  Or is that your nickname? :)

Oh. Not really a nickname. I think of it more as a merit badge. I'm tellin' ya. People inspire me.

Right? @Sanguine.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Oh. Not really a nickname. I think of it more as a merit badge. I'm tellin' ya. People inspire me.

Right? @Sanguine.

@bigheadfred, I would never call you that!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred, I would never call you that!

Didn't say you did. Wouldn't care if you did, either.  :laugh:

There was a conversation a while back. Perhaps you don't remember it. Maybe just after I first joined. In that conversation I said somethiing to the effect that the limited intelligence of people inspired me to be an ahole. I may have misremembered that conversation, but I thought it was to you I said that. And not that I was referring to you, either.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:45:01 am by bigheadfred »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Didn't say you did. Wouldn't care if you did, either.  :laugh:

There was a conversation a while back. Perhaps you don't remember it. Maybe just after I first joined. In that conversation I said somethiing to the effect that the limited intelligence of people inspired me to be an ahole. I may have misremembeed that conversation, but I thought it was to you I said that.

Yes, I remember something along those lines now.  Glad you stayed, BTW.

Offline RoosGirl

Right? @Sanguine.

@bigheadfred You are a peach!