Author Topic: Growing Number of Republican Lawmakers Call on Trump to Condemn White Nationalists by Name  (Read 13167 times)

Offline dfwgator

And if there was no alt-right,  the Left would invent it.

Which I suspect may very well be what is happening here.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nazis want Jews dead.  That's been made very obvious after 6 million of us died by their hands in the 1940s.

Communist don't.  They like to oppress Jews and deny us the same 'rights' as others, but as a whole, there is no call for a mass campaign of genocide.

I'd rather not have to make such a choice.

But if America is bound and determined to force this Hobbsian choice; there is only one choice.
Be honest, John. Yes the Nazis had it specifically in for the Jews, but there were another 15 million people they slaughtered. While you are at it, kindly don't ignore the contributions to the rolls of the dead made by Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, PapaDoc, Baby Doc, and a host of other totalitarians, just because many of the victims were not Jewish. The death toll is easily over 100 million in the last century.
My fight is against totalitarians, I don't care what flavor, color, espoused political philosophy, or religion they claim.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Be honest, John. Yes the Nazis had it specifically in for the Jews, but there were another 15 million people they slaughtered. While you are at it, kindly don't ignore the contributions to the rolls of the dead made by Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, PapaDoc, Baby Doc, and a host of other totalitarians, just because many of the victims were not Jewish. The death toll is easily over 100 million in the last century.
My fight is against totalitarians, I don't care what flavor, color, espoused political philosophy, or religion they claim.

What makes the Left much more dangerous is the cover they get in the media and academia.    People think it's "cool" to wear a Che T-Shirt without realizing what a monster he was. 

Basically the Communists and Nazis did the same thing.  Exploited the poor and downtrodden  for the benefit of the few who were in power.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:10:45 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Smokin Joe

And if there was no alt-right,  the Left would invent it.

Which I suspect may very well be what is happening here.
Maybe they didn't invent it, but I think they are intentionally presenting it far out of proportion to its numbers or adherents for the purpose of increasing the numbers on the other side, and they are presenting it as an either-or proposition, as they usually do. They are using those fools as a recruiting tool for the Left.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Maybe they didn't invent it, but I think they are intentionally presenting it far out of proportion to its numbers or adherents for the purpose of increasing the numbers on the other side, and they are presenting it as an either-or proposition, as they usually do. They are using those fools as a recruiting tool for the Left.

Of course they are.  Liberals around here are positively deranged and obsessed over the news stories of the last few days.   It is astonishing to witness - but it does us no good at all to defend these cretins, because the intent of the media is to tar all conservatives with the alt-right brush.  Whoever coined the Charlottesville rally as "Unite the Right" was a genius -  as far as the goals of the alt-left are concerned.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

Of course they are.  Liberals around here are positively deranged and obsessed over the news stories of the last few days.   It is astonishing to witness - but it does us no good at all to defend these cretins, because the intent of the media is to tar all conservatives with the alt-right brush.  Whoever coined the Charlottesville rally as "Unite the Right" was a genius -  as far as the goals of the alt-left are concerned.   
We have had our differences, but on this, I agree. It's time to Untie the Right (from negative and often racist stereotypes).

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
This entire situation is the result and consequence of the civil society being undone.

There cannot be a restoration of a civil society, only a restoration of order under a totalitarian fist of one sort or another.

There cannot be a restoration of the civil society we were, because this nation has discarded wholesale, the core foundations that made it a civil society.   The numbers of those who want that foundation dug up, discarded and replaced is more than half the population thanks to Liberal indoctrination and the importation of third world squatters.

Then there are the Jihadists imported here in our midst.

No folks, Judgment is at hand.  The consequences we are just now beginning to witness.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

Whoever coined the Charlottesville rally as "Unite the Right" was a genius -  as far as the goals of the alt-left are concerned.   

They obviously read their Alinsky.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This entire situation is the result and consequence of the civil society being undone.

There cannot be a restoration of a civil society, only a restoration of order under a totalitarian fist of one sort or another.

There cannot be a restoration of the civil society we were, because this nation has discarded wholesale, the core foundations that made it a civil society.   The numbers of those who want that foundation dug up, discarded and replaced is more than half the population thanks to Liberal indoctrination and the importation of third world squatters.

No folks, Judgment is at hand.  The consequences we are just now beginning to witness.

What a waste it is to lose one's mind.   

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Actually, this is well said, I'm not sure I agree with all of it but the general sentiment. I know INVAR sometimes comes over a bit strong.

Online mountaineer

Not a coincidence that the past few generations are unchurched. Where are they going to learn to love their neighbor (rather than hate whatever is different about him, no matter how inconsequential)?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

Perhaps. I see this as an opportunity to point to the egregious fallacies of the unrighteous and between the violent excesses of the mobs in the streets and the failure of the doctrine they espouse, the chance to point people down a different path, back to traditional values and The Almighty, back to the Founders' concept of freedom (sans the institution of slavery, of course). 

C S Lewis

Online Mod2

Like stark raving mad strong.   *****rollingeyes*****

But go ahead, associate yourself with such paranoid nonsense.   

@Jazzhead, stop with the personal insults.

Offline Smokin Joe

Like stark raving mad strong.   *****rollingeyes*****

But go ahead, associate yourself with such paranoid nonsense.
Undermine the foundations and the house will collapse. Not so mad. Try it with your place, I'll send you a shovel.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The whiff of bullshit is heavy with this one . . .  *****rollingeyes*****

@Jazzhead @INVAR

At risk of appearing to agree with invar.  They UN has proclaimed over population to be the biggest problem.  People like Hillary, Bill Gates and Soros have said the earth population needs to be reduced by 75%
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Jazzhead @INVAR

At risk of appearing to agree with invar.  They UN has proclaimed over population to be the biggest problem.  People like Hillary, Bill Gates and Soros have said the earth population needs to be reduced by 75%
Yeah. All those penny stinkers running around really muck up the view from the veranda. Just a fourth, with automation and a little cattle-prodding should be enough to support the totalitarian overlords in the style they feel they should be accustomed, and keep the toilets clean, the flowers fresh, and the lawns exquisitely manicured. :smokin:

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead, stop with the personal insults.

Mod2 - I deleted my post.

Online Mod2

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What a waste it is to lose one's mind.

Ahh yes.  John Adams must have been a raving lunatic in your estimation over the same sentiments I paraphrased above that you have issues with.

Like this one he penned to his wife in 1775:

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. When the People once surrender their share in the Legislature, and their Right of defending the Limitations upon the Government, and of resisting every Encroachment upon them, they can never regain it".

@Jazzhead @INVAR

They UN has proclaimed over population to be the biggest problem.  People like Hillary, Bill Gates and Soros have said the earth population needs to be reduced by 75%

As you know, that number of dead comports with biblical prophecy, so to assert such ideas are nonsense is to be woefully ignorant of history and the scriptures, which of course our resident Leftist is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hoodat

Communist don't.  They like to oppress Jews and deny us the same 'rights' as others, but as a whole, there is no call for a mass campaign of genocide.

Two million Cambodians would disagree.

First they came for the Cambodians.  But I said nothing because I wasn't Cambodian.  .  .  .

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I gotta step in with some info here, Joe. Your 100 million is woefully short. 20th-century death numbers:

MORTACRACIES

The Deka-Megamurderers ... 219.634 million

China (PRC) 1949-87 .... 76.702 million
    U.S.S.R. 1917-87 ........ 61.911 million
    Colonialism .............. 50.000 million
    Germany 1933-45 ....... 20.946 million (including 5.291 million Jews)
    China (KMT) 1928-49 ... 10.075 million

The Megamurderers .... 19.180 million

Japan 1936-45 ............ 5.964 million
    China (Mao Soviets) 1923-48 ... 3.468 million
    Cambodia 1975-79 ........ 2.035 million
    Turkey 1909-18 ........... 1.883 million
    Vietnam 1945-87 .......... 1.647 million
    Poland 1945-48 ........... 1.585 million
    Pakistan 1958-87 ......... 1.503 million
    Yugoslavia (Tito) 1944-87 ... 1.072 million

Total 20th century war death toll: 35 million to 40 million.

Meanwhile, the 15 bloodiest wars:

1. World War II, 20 million dead (1937-45).
2. World War I, 8.5 million dead (1914-18).
3. Korean War, 1.2 million dead (1950-53).
4. Chinese civil war, 1.2 million dead (1945-49).
5. Vietnam War, 1.2 million dead (1965-73).
6. Iran-Iraq War, 850,000 dead (1980-88).
7. Russian civil war, 800,000 dead (1918-21).
8. Chinese civil war, 400,000 dead (1927-39).
9. French Indochina war, 385,000 dead (1945-54).
10. Mexican Revolution, 200,000 dead (1911-20).
11. Spanish Civil War, 200,000 dead (1936-39).
12. French Algeria war, 160,000 dead (1954-62).
13. Afghanistan war, 150,000 dead (1980-89).
14. Russo-Japanese war, 130,000 dead (1904-05).
15. Riffian war (Morocco), 100,000 dead (1921-26).
15. First Sudanese Civil War, 100,000 dead (1956-72).
15. Russo-Polish War, 100,000 dead (1919-20).
15. Biafran War, 100,000 dead (1967-70).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:48:05 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

I gotta step in with some info here, Joe. Your 100 million is woefully short. 20th-century death numbers:

MORTACRACIES

The Deka-Megamurderers ... 219.634 million

China (PRC) 1949-87 .... 76.702 million
    U.S.S.R. 1917-87 ........ 61.911 million
    Colonialism .............. 50.000 million
    Germany 1933-45 ....... 20.946 million (including 5.291 million Jews)
    China (KMT) 1928-49 ... 10.075 million

The Megamurderers .... 19.180 million

Japan 1936-45 ............ 5.964 million
    China (Mao Soviets) 1923-48 ... 3.468 million
    Cambodia 1975-79 ........ 2.035 million
    Turkey 1909-18 ........... 1.883 million
    Vietnam 1945-87 .......... 1.647 million
    Poland 1945-48 ........... 1.585 million
    Pakistan 1958-87 ......... 1.503 million
    Yugoslavia (Tito) 1944-87 ... 1.072 million

Total 20th century war death toll: 35 million to 40 million.

Meanwhile, the 15 bloodiest wars:

1. World War II, 20 million dead (1937-45).
2. World War I, 8.5 million dead (1914-18).
3. Korean War, 1.2 million dead (1950-53).
4. Chinese civil war, 1.2 million dead (1945-49).
5. Vietnam War, 1.2 million dead (1965-73).
6. Iran-Iraq War, 850,000 dead (1980-88).
7. Russian civil war, 800,000 dead (1918-21).
8. Chinese civil war, 400,000 dead (1927-39).
9. French Indochina war, 385,000 dead (1945-54).
10. Mexican Revolution, 200,000 dead (1911-20).
11. Spanish Civil War, 200,000 dead (1936-39).
12. French Algeria war, 160,000 dead (1954-62).
13. Afghanistan war, 150,000 dead (1980-89).
14. Russo-Japanese war, 130,000 dead (1904-05).
15. Riffian war (Morocco), 100,000 dead (1921-26).
15. First Sudanese Civil War, 100,000 dead (1956-72).
15. Russo-Polish War, 100,000 dead (1919-20).
15. Biafran War, 100,000 dead (1967-70).

Thanks for the correction, @bigheadfred !

Ugly, isn't it? 

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

If someone preaches hate against groups that supposedly espouse hate, isn't that some as bad as the group?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Thanks for the correction, @bigheadfred !

Ugly, isn't it?

It is ugly. So much so it is actually hard for me to wrap my mind around it. It is easier to digest if you think of it as just under three million per year , every year, for a hundred years. Ok, not really easier.

I also have a suspicion the numbers from the Soviet Union and China, especially China, are way short.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If someone preaches hate against groups that supposedly espouse hate, isn't that some as bad as the group?

Absolutely.