Author Topic: The battle of Charlottesville: A continuing discussion thread about the War between the States  (Read 33213 times)

Offline goodwithagun

I think he left to have another drink.

And don't call me he. You do conservatives a great disservice when you ASSume that shooting is a male only sport.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

• Sept 11 2001 or March 6 1836
And don't call me he. You do conservatives a great disservice when you ASSume that shooting is a male only sport.
Nothing to refute but to obfuscate with a generic phrase even the Bible uses to describe man.

What else do you have?
Yearning to stay free takes place in many ways at many different times, whether by withstanding planes or bayonets

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan

I was gonna tell him but the phone rang!  :whistle:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide
STFU Rudy

Offline goodwithagun

Nothing to refute but to obfuscate with a generic phrase even the Bible uses to describe man.

What else do you have?

Indeed. I read the Declaration in a similar fashion: "all men" literally means all humans, not just those capable of overpowering others.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Indeed. I read the Declaration in a similar fashion: "all men" literally means all humans, not just those capable of overpowering others.
so what is the definition? 
Are you intending just to dance around what is the answer to the question?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:28:05 PM by IsailedawayfromFR »
Yearning to stay free takes place in many ways at many different times, whether by withstanding planes or bayonets

Offline goodwithagun

I was gonna tell him but the phone rang!  :whistle:

I hate when that happens, and now I just might have a glass of wine before bed. Hey, I've already been accused of drinking so I may as well fulfill that  :silly: :silly: :silly: Plus, I'm loving Diana: In Her Own Words on NatGeo right now. Not to thread highjack, but Charles is an ass!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

so what is the definition? 
Are you intending just to dance around what is the answer to the question?

The same as our Founders' including their sentiments about slavery that were struck out of the Declaration's draft.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mountaineer

Geez, give it a rest, Isailed.
The current culture deviated radically from previous human experience, ruthlessly reducing each woman and man to mere political units to be manipulated, balkanizing them into communities according to their likes and dislikes, so everything from cars to candy bars could be more effectively marketed, robbing them of their privacy, denying them both a real community of diverse views and the possibility of personal evolution by censoring the world they saw through the Internet to make it conform to the preferred beliefs of their self-appointed betters. - Dean Koontz

The same as our Founders' including their sentiments about slavery that were struck out of the Declaration's draft.
Please be specific on what that is.

You mentioned being enslaved.

Does the word 'enslaved' appear in what you are referencing.  If it does, what does it mean?

Geez, give it a rest, Isailed.
the guy made a statement about being 'enslaved'.

I want to know what he she thinks that means.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:36:19 PM by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Hoodat

But you've seen plenty of historical evidence that it is.  1,264,000 pieces of evidence.

Where in the Constitution can this be found?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

Offline goodwithagun

Please be specific on what that is.

You mentioned being enslaved.

Does the word 'enslaved' appear in what you are referencing.  If it does, what does it mean?

If you have no knowledge of the slavery portion of the Declaration's draft and why it was struck from the final doc I suggest you google (generic term, like you prefer) it. Otherwise, I'll not do your homework for you.
I stand with Roosgirl.

If you have no knowledge of the slavery portion of the Declaration's draft and why it was struck from the final doc I suggest you google (generic term, like you prefer) it. Otherwise, I'll not do your homework for you.
So you admit you do not know what being 'enslaved'means.

I thought so.

Offline goodwithagun

I thought so.

I'm not even searching for the JLaw, "Yeah, whatever," eye roll gif.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline bigheadfred

• Bobaladinga

I thought so.

I know what it means. I am going to bed. I have to get up early to feed the monster.

Good night all.

I'm not even searching for the JLaw, "Yeah, whatever," eye roll gif.
then you have absolutely no basis to make the statement that you made in this thread as you cannot back up your definition.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,276015.msg1420206.html#msg1420206

Offline goodwithagun

I know what it means. I am going to bed. I have to get up early to feed the monster.

Good night all.
:silly:

[attachment deleted by admin]
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline bigheadfred

• Bobaladinga
then you have absolutely no basis to make the statement that you made in this thread as you cannot back up your definition.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,276015.msg1420206.html#msg1420206

Screw it. I'll be a bit more specific.

I have no redress.

Offline goodwithagun

. . . posts the person who has yet to comment on the struck portion of the Declaration. Pouring wine, watching tv. Bye Felicia!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
. . . posts the person who has yet to comment on the struck portion of the Declaration. Pouring wine, watching tv. Bye Felicia!

With all due respect, do you realize that the Declaration of Independence is NOT a governing document?

Offline goodwithagun

With all due respect, do you realize that the Declaration of Independence is NOT a governing document?

And where would we be without it? Supreme Court decisions have been made based on it as well as other non-governing docs.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:55:55 PM by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Do not comment if you cannot back it up.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And where would we be without it? Supreme Court decisions have been made based on it as well as other non-governing docs.

Indeed! And the people who rendered those decisions should have been impeached for making them!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf