Author Topic: The battle of Charlottesville: A continuing discussion thread about the War between the States  (Read 71159 times)

Offline goodwithagun

I think he left to have another drink.

And don't call me he. You do conservatives a great disservice when you ASSume that shooting is a male only sport.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And don't call me he. You do conservatives a great disservice when you ASSume that shooting is a male only sport.
Nothing to refute but to obfuscate with a generic phrase even the Bible uses to describe man.

What else do you have?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I was gonna tell him but the phone rang!  :whistle:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goodwithagun

Nothing to refute but to obfuscate with a generic phrase even the Bible uses to describe man.

What else do you have?

Indeed. I read the Declaration in a similar fashion: "all men" literally means all humans, not just those capable of overpowering others.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Indeed. I read the Declaration in a similar fashion: "all men" literally means all humans, not just those capable of overpowering others.
so what is the definition? 
Are you intending just to dance around what is the answer to the question?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:28:05 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goodwithagun

I was gonna tell him but the phone rang!  :whistle:

I hate when that happens, and now I just might have a glass of wine before bed. Hey, I've already been accused of drinking so I may as well fulfill that  :silly: :silly: :silly: Plus, I'm loving Diana: In Her Own Words on NatGeo right now. Not to thread highjack, but Charles is an ass!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

so what is the definition? 
Are you intending just to dance around what is the answer to the question?

The same as our Founders' including their sentiments about slavery that were struck out of the Declaration's draft.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mountaineer

Geez, give it a rest, Isailed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

The same as our Founders' including their sentiments about slavery that were struck out of the Declaration's draft.
Please be specific on what that is.

You mentioned being enslaved.

Does the word 'enslaved' appear in what you are referencing.  If it does, what does it mean?

Geez, give it a rest, Isailed.
the guy made a statement about being 'enslaved'.

I want to know what he she thinks that means.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:36:19 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Hoodat

But you've seen plenty of historical evidence that it is.  1,264,000 pieces of evidence.

Where in the Constitution can this be found?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goodwithagun

Please be specific on what that is.

You mentioned being enslaved.

Does the word 'enslaved' appear in what you are referencing.  If it does, what does it mean?

If you have no knowledge of the slavery portion of the Declaration's draft and why it was struck from the final doc I suggest you google (generic term, like you prefer) it. Otherwise, I'll not do your homework for you.
I stand with Roosgirl.

If you have no knowledge of the slavery portion of the Declaration's draft and why it was struck from the final doc I suggest you google (generic term, like you prefer) it. Otherwise, I'll not do your homework for you.
So you admit you do not know what being 'enslaved'means.

I thought so.

Offline goodwithagun

I thought so.

I'm not even searching for the JLaw, "Yeah, whatever," eye roll gif.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I thought so.

I know what it means. I am going to bed. I have to get up early to feed the monster.

Good night all.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

I'm not even searching for the JLaw, "Yeah, whatever," eye roll gif.
then you have absolutely no basis to make the statement that you made in this thread as you cannot back up your definition.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,276015.msg1420206.html#msg1420206

Offline goodwithagun

I know what it means. I am going to bed. I have to get up early to feed the monster.

Good night all.
:silly:

[attachment deleted by admin]
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
then you have absolutely no basis to make the statement that you made in this thread as you cannot back up your definition.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,276015.msg1420206.html#msg1420206

Screw it. I'll be a bit more specific.

I have no redress.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline goodwithagun

. . . posts the person who has yet to comment on the struck portion of the Declaration. Pouring wine, watching tv. Bye Felicia!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
. . . posts the person who has yet to comment on the struck portion of the Declaration. Pouring wine, watching tv. Bye Felicia!

With all due respect, do you realize that the Declaration of Independence is NOT a governing document?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goodwithagun

With all due respect, do you realize that the Declaration of Independence is NOT a governing document?

And where would we be without it? Supreme Court decisions have been made based on it as well as other non-governing docs.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:55:55 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Do not comment if you cannot back it up.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And where would we be without it? Supreme Court decisions have been made based on it as well as other non-governing docs.

Indeed! And the people who rendered those decisions should have been impeached for making them!

- J. R. R. Tolkien