Author Topic: The battle of Charlottesville: A continuing discussion thread about the War between the States  (Read 71690 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I have heard this repeated often by you Trump Militants, usually followed with the word 'Treason" and then I get reminded what the 'penalty for treason' is.  A nice subtle threat that because I do not seig-heil your leader, I am guilty of treason and deserving of death for it.

Fine.

If you and your fellow idiots want to try and make good on such a threat, I'll be waiting.

Funny.  We can say the same thing about AlwaysTrump.

Taming the federal leviathan requires federalism but the constant demands for fealty to Trump are the exact opposite of federalism.

If Trump really wants to tame the federal leviathan, let it begin with diminishing the power of his own presidency. Let him call for the courts to refrain from ruling on issues not enumerated in the constitution. Let him call for the powers to be restored to the states. Let him call for senators to be returned to the control of their states.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
I would like to see what made the permitted protestors decide to take to the street.

If they spin this as being all the fault of "white supremacists" I'll be for calling BS on that. But I don't know that I care enough to research it. I don't know that I have a "skin" in the game other than to lay a huge part of the divide in this country on obama.
The left(including the media wing of the democrats) determines cold weather incidents to be relegated to just weather and hot weather incidents to AWG. This incident will be treated the same way. If it was a liberal it's weather. If it's a conservative it's AWG.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Yes, absolutely.  But the people in 164 had a permit.  Looks like the police did little to keep the peace either.

In that photo, they're reacting to a member of their group being pepper sprayed by police.  The VA State Police declared it an unlawful gathering. None of the groups had permits to be in the streets.  I should have included the caption previously and I edited the post to reflect that.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Mom MD

So, those of us who see Trump's agenda as an opportunity to tame the federal Leviathan sometimes have trouble distinguishing between the aims of leftists and those of NeverTrumpers.

Im not a never Trumper but I'm probably closer to that camp than to those to whom Trump can do no wrong. Having said that, the racial divide and violence belongs completely to our last president.  Obama did more to damage race relations in this country than any other figure I can think of.  BLM started, fluorished and was encouraged by his administration. We are reaping the whirlwind the last administration sewed.

Believe me I can blame a lot on Trump, but there is no way this can be pinned on him. In a like manner, there is no way this can be pinned on Trump critics either.  I give Trump credit for his tweet tonight. It was clearly one of his best and took just the right tone.
God is still in control

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The left(including the media wing of the democrats) determines cold weather incidents to be relegated to just weather and hot weather incidents to AWG. This incident will be treated the same way. If it was a liberal it's weather. If it's a conservative it's AWG.

@starstruck

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,276030.msg1417615.html#msg1417615
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
In that photo, they're reacting to a member of their group being pepper sprayed by police.  The VA State Police declared it an unlawful gathering. None of the groups had permits to be in the streets.  I should have included the caption previously and I edited the post to reflect that.

OK, did they have a permit and/or a judicial ruling that they could march or not?

Offline edpc

OK, did they have a permit and/or a judicial ruling that they could march or not?

Yes - in a specific park.  See 161.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR  Come on please edit your post for me..

Edited it as much as I am willing to edit it.

If you wish to delete more, it's your place and prerogative to do so - but it will not be by my hand.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HonestJohn

Aw Jeez, this is a no-brainer.  Any time an opportunity comes up to slam the KKK, any Republican should jump on it.  Toss in the names of a few Democrats who opposed civil rights, and then call for renaming of the Richard B Russell Senate Building.  This is always a slam dunk win for the GOP because it exposes the lie of Democrats being the champions of civil rights.

Trump blew it.  Big time.  The only narrative you will hear from this point on is how Trump didn't condemn white supremacists.

Civil rights is a winning issue for the GOP.  It is the reason this party was founded to begin with.  Republicans led the fight to end slavery.  Republicans led the fight to end lynching.  Republicans led the fight against segregation.  Republicans led the fight to pass Civil Rights legislation in the 1950s, and Republicans got the Civil Rights Act passed in 1964 and the Voting Rights Act in 1965.  So hell yes, a Republican President should be condemning those Klucker bastards in terms that would even make Democrats cower.

But not Trump.

Yes...

Except that would demoralize the GOP base now.  For those words would be taken as an attack on themselves.

Offline dfwgator

Let 'em frickin' march. What's the big deal were they any threat.  Why do some feel the need to oppose people they happen to disagree with. Just ignore them.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Aw Jeez, this is a no-brainer.  Any time an opportunity comes up to slam the KKK, any Republican should jump on it.  Toss in the names of a few Democrats who opposed civil rights, and then call for renaming of the Richard B Russell Senate Building.  This is always a slam dunk win for the GOP because it exposes the lie of Democrats being the champions of civil rights.

Trump blew it.  Big time.  The only narrative you will hear from this point on is how Trump didn't condemn white supremacists.

Civil rights is a winning issue for the GOP.  It is the reason this party was founded to begin with.  Republicans led the fight to end slavery.  Republicans led the fight to end lynching.  Republicans led the fight against segregation.  Republicans led the fight to pass Civil Rights legislation in the 1950s, and Republicans got the Civil Rights Act passed in 1964 and the Voting Rights Act in 1965.  So hell yes, a Republican President should be condemning those Klucker bastards in terms that would even make Democrats cower.

But not Trump.

The neonazis have already seized upon it and are declaring that Trump didn't name them because Trump loves and supports them.

He can fix this and he needs to fix this first thing tomorrow morning. He needs to clearly name both sides but make no mistake, it was the klan side who actually killed and injured people and they deserve the bulk of the fire from Trump.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline edpc

The neonazis have already seized upon it and are declaring that Trump didn't name them because Trump loves and supports them.

David Duke is mad at him.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
On the bright side, by next week, today's shitshow will be soooo last week.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 03:12:48 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
One of those clashes where you hope both sides lose.

@Mom MD

Why would you say that? Are you so ignorant you swallow the swill the press puts out that the whites were all neo-Nazi's Kluxxers attacking the saintly Black Lives Matter and Communists with their heads?

Maybe you have been living in The People's Republic of Maryland too long,and need to get out and visit America?

What is concerning though is our history is systematically being erased from the south to placate BLM.

There can be no question about that.

Unfortunately when the KKK and white nationalists are the ones standing up for these monuments, its hard for anyone else to see the cause as very sympathetic.

Gee,do ya think that MAYBE that is why the talking heads and the politicians are identifying all the white people there as neo-Nazi's and Kluxxers?

I'd be willing to bet money there was a MUCH higher percentage of veterans in the crowd wanting to preserve our history than the leftist swine that want to change it to fit their communist agenda.

I'm afraid our attempt to educate our children with the true history of our country, both good and bad, is becoming much harder with the sanitization by some of the snowflakes and vilification by the others of prominent events and figures in our history.

There is no attempt whatsoever being made to educate anyone in America anymore. You don't even have to be able to read or write to graduate from high school any more. All you have to do is put in the time,and you get a diploma. What the schools are doing and were already doing when I first started school in the 1950's is indoctrinating children,NOT educating them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Garbage v. Garbage.

Too bad they can't totally eliminate each other, and make the world a nicer place.

@catfish1957

So,you suddenly believe the media when they tell you all the white people marching to preserve the Lee statue are Kluxxers and Neo-Nazi's?

Well,HELL,WHY NOT? After all,the leftist media would never lie to manipulate public opinion,would they?

Offline Mom MD

Like it or not it was the KKK that applied for the permit. They are vermin.  Any vets or true conservatives should have avoided that demonstration like the plague and held their own some other time/place.  If you want to defend scum on either side go ahead but I refuse to.  Lie down with dogs get up with fleas.
God is still in control

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well put.  There are many of us southern preservationist who absolutely shudder that these pukes think they are speaking for us.

@catfish1957 Uh,huh. And YOUR plan to help preserve the south,and by extension America,is to label ever white person that the left and the racists of Black Lives Matter hate and protest against as being Nazi's and Kluxxers?

Whose side did you say you are on,again?

Like I said in an earlier post, it would suit me fine if all the KKK, and the BLM turds simultaneously evaporated off the earth at once.

And,other than the media,the college alleged "intellectual" airheads,and the BLM crowd,who we all know would never lie to us,WHO exactly identified all those white marchers as Kluxxers?

They certainly didn't identify THEMSELVES as being Kluxxers or Nazi's.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 03:35:16 am by sneakypete »

Offline edpc

Kristin, the sister of Sue Ellen - a character so minor, the reveal was the biggest disappointment in TV plot writing.  Then, they outdid themselves with the 'dream season.'