Author Topic: The battle of Charlottesville: A continuing discussion thread about the War between the States  (Read 71430 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Would you abridge both their free speech rights?

Freedom of speech comes with a great amount of responsibility...of which not using your words to incite violence or death is paramount.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

The progressive left and their allies the NeverTrumpers have been pushing for a war, maybe they will get what they want, WAR

Are you lumping Trump's critics on TBR with the leftists AGAIN?  That's getting pretty old.

I think what jp is saying, and I happen to agree, is that NT as a movement (which has its origins in the political right) is a destructive force to positive change. It's standing in the way of stopping the left's relentless march forward. It gives them aid and comfort.

As an example of what the progressives are trying to stop, Pres. Trump reversed 860 burdensome business regulations which is just one part of his conservative, constitutional agenda. His goal is to bring federal regulatory excesses to a screeching halt. The left would like nothing more than to stop this president's agenda by fomenting unrest against him by any means necessary. NeverTrump gives them cover to make the claim that the country as a whole hates Trump, both the left and the right.

So, those of us who see Trump's agenda as an opportunity to tame the federal Leviathan sometimes have trouble distinguishing between the aims of leftists and those of NeverTrumpers.

Offline Applewood

Tough policing would prevent things from getting out of hand.

I've been to Charlottesville.  Nice town, but uber-liberal.  I don't think they believe in tough policing.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:17:34 am by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I think what jp is saying, and I happen to agree, is that NT as a movement (which has its origins in the political right) is a destructive force to positive change. It's standing in the way of stopping the left's relentless march forward. It gives them aid and comfort.

That's not what he said but nice try at spinning it.

As an example of what the progressives are trying to stop, Pres. Trump reversed 860 burdensome business regulations which is just one part of his conservative, constitutional agenda. His goal is to bring federal regulatory excesses to a screeching halt. The left would like nothing more than to stop this president's agenda by fomenting unrest against him by any means necessary. NeverTrump gives them cover to make the claim that the country as a whole hates Trump, both the left and the right.

You and others here use that term "never trump" as a cover to smear and lump together anyone who has even emoted the faintest of criticism of Donald Trump.  It's a tired and hackneyed lie. 

I've never seen a bigger group of unhappy winners in my entire life.

People by and large don't care if some 860 business regulations that will never affect them in their lives have been reversed...that's minutiae that only policy wonks care about.

They want to know when their taxes are going to be lowered.  They want to know when the flood of illegals is going to stop and they want to know when they will be able to afford healthcare again and not have to go without to pay for their out of control monthly Obamacare bill.

That is what they want to see...those  big campaign boasts that were shoved in their face nightly for 15 months...the things they were told would happen starting day one of a Trump Presidency.

So, those of us who see Trump's agenda as an opportunity to tame the federal Leviathan sometimes have trouble distinguishing between the aims of leftists and those of NeverTrumpers.

Some of us are waiting for him to actually do something tangible along the lines of what he promised in his campaign...not late night twitter rants and empty threats of military action against places like Venezuela and North Korea that play into the leftist meme about nation building and war mongering.

And those same people aren't as stupid as you make them out to be with your convoluted fan dance attempt to explain away a TBR member here lumping fellow members in with hard left extremists at todays rally and blame them for the shameful events that occurred as a result.

Quit insulting their intelligence.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Freedom of speech comes with a great amount of responsibility...of which not using your words to incite violence or death is paramount.

But avoiding hurting someone's feelings is not part of that responsibility. And as far as inciting violence, there were plenty of cameras there.  I would welcome charges for all such incitements, as well as charges for disrupting a permitted assembly.

I have not heard of a permit for anyone to march in the street.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
But avoiding hurting someone's feelings is not part of that responsibility.

There is a difference between saying something that hurts someone's feelings and saying something that incites a riot or panic that results in injury.

You can't yell fire in a theater or talk about the bomb in your bag on an airplane.

And as far as inciting violence, there were plenty of cameras there.  I would welcome charges for all such incitements, as well as charges for disrupting a permitted assembly.

As I said earlier this whole thing could have been avoided if the SJW's weren't trying to mimic the USSR and erase people and names from History that they don't like.

Which is the reason the police were sent in.  The original marchers didn't have a permit.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:24:45 am by txradioguy »

Offline dfwgator

But avoiding hurting someone's feelings is not part of that responsibility. And as far as inciting violence, there were plenty of cameras there.  I would welcome charges for all such incitements, as well as charges for disrupting a permitted assembly.

Where was Governor McAuliffe?   If he were a Republican, the press would be all over him.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Where was Governor McAuliffe?   If he were a Republican, the press would be all over him.

He has already given a presser...told them all to get out of his state..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I was thinking the same thing. Maximum penalty for inciting a riot. Especially since it involves deaths.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Does he realize that "his state" consists of more than just Northern Virginia and the Beltway? LOL!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Correct.  They had a permit for their gathering, but in a specific area.

Mr. Kessler, who organized the event on Saturday and calls himself a “white advocate,” said in an interview that his goal was to “de-stigmatize white advocacy so that white people can stand up for their interests just like any other identity group.”

In the run-up to Saturday, there has been confusion over where, precisely, the Unite the Right rally will take place. City officials denied Mr. Kessler’s request to hold it in Emancipation Park, and instead granted a permit for a bigger park. On Thursday, the American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit on behalf of Mr. Kessler, seeking to keep the demonstration at Emancipation Park.

On Friday, a judge ruled in Mr. Kessler’s favor.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Dude was born and raised in Syracuse, NY

Offline aligncare

Correct.  They had a permit for their gathering, but in a specific area.

Mr. Kessler, who organized the event on Saturday and calls himself a “white advocate,” said in an interview that his goal was to “de-stigmatize white advocacy so that white people can stand up for their interests just like any other identity group.”

In the run-up to Saturday, there has been confusion over where, precisely, the Unite the Right rally will take place. City officials denied Mr. Kessler’s request to hold it in Emancipation Park, and instead granted a permit for a bigger park. On Thursday, the American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit on behalf of Mr. Kessler, seeking to keep the demonstration at Emancipation Park.

On Friday, a judge ruled in Mr. Kessler’s favor.

Interesting. Puts some things in perspective.

Offline edpc

White nationalists, neo-Nazis and members of the 'alt-right' with body armor and combat weapons evacuate comrades who were pepper sprayed after the 'Unite the Right' rally was delcared a unlawful gathering by Virginia State Police

Actually amazing things weren't worse with tensions high and armed elements present.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:09:49 am by edpc »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Interesting. Puts some things in perspective.

I would like to see what made the permitted protestors decide to take to the street.

If they spin this as being all the fault of "white supremacists" I'll be for calling BS on that. But I don't know that I care enough to research it. I don't know that I have a "skin" in the game other than to lay a huge part of the divide in this country on obama.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I have heard this repeated often by you Trump Militants, usually followed with the word 'Treason" and then I get reminded what the 'penalty for treason' is.  A nice subtle threat that because I do not seig-heil your leader, I am guilty of treason and deserving of death for it.

Fine.

If you and your fellow Trump Loyalists want to try and make good on such a threat, I'll be waiting.

Funny.  We can say the same thing about AlwaysTrump.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:14:17 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If you look at the media pics of the protest, there sure seemed to be a significant amount of BLM signs. 

My point is, that I bet there were some non-affiliated folks there, but counter-protests of this nature doesn't just pop up out of the blue.  Someone has to be organizing, and my bets are on the BLM pukes.

Sure looked like the Antifa people were there and loaded for bear.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I would like to see what made the permitted protestors decide to take to the street.

If they spin this as being all the fault of "white supremacists" I'll be for calling BS on that. But I don't know that I care enough to research it. I don't know that I have a "skin" in the game other than to lay a huge part of the divide in this country on obama.

In reference to this post.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,276030.msg1417615.html#msg1417615

Offline mountaineer

No matter the topic of discussion,  it always seems to deteriorate into Trumpfest: AT vs. NT in a knockdown,  drag out fight about not much at all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They weren't the only ones. See 164.

Yes, absolutely.  But the people in 164 had a permit.  Looks like the police did little to keep the peace either.

Offline Rivergirl

This president, as candidate, refused to disavow support from David Duke  He insisted he had no idea who David Duke was.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No matter the topic of discussion,  it always seems to deteriorate into Trumpfest: AT vs. NT in a knockdown,  drag out fight about not much at all.

It's tiring especially the name calling.
Support the USO