Author Topic: The battle of Charlottesville: A continuing discussion thread about the War between the States  (Read 72089 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Seems we have people here embracing a moral equivalence between the white supremacists and the protesters.

To that amorphous comment. I will point out that the white supremacists had a permit to assemble. Antifa and BLM show up to do what they do. They tried it  out on campus and had success. Now they take it to the streets.

What is not being discussed, that I have seen, is the police failure to protect the permitted and legal assembly; and they allowed an unpermitted, hence illegal march to proceed.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

From that link:

I call BS on that. The video shows he took a three block running start at the people with plenty of places to turn off or around. This may be what his lawyer is advising him to say, but that was obviously intentional.

Agreed, he wasn't running from anyone. He drove into an obvious mass of people at speed.

Charlottesville police chief says violence was "premeditated," suspect is in custody

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/896501317912240128

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Seems we have people here embracing a moral equivalence between the white supremacists and the protesters.

In my eyes, not a lick of difference between KKK and BLM.  Both scum that I wish would evaporate off the face of the earth.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:33:03 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

In my eyes, not a lick of difference between KKK and BLM.  Both scum that I wish would evaporate off the face of the earth.
I agree. Both stupid.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cripplecreek

What we need is Thunderdome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHU6K47qgc8

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Would you abridge both their free speech rights?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

I would. Both have the right to speak. Neither has the right to incite violence.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The mods, etc. owner, should feel free at any time to update the headline here. It looks like it is going alright now but at some point, might be helpful.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Not at all, it's their 1st amendment right to be terminally stupid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Just got finished listening to Congressman Brat on CNN.  He echoes my exact beliefs on this.  He should be the spokesman for the entire Republican Party.

He condemned the white supremacists, condemned the violence on both sides, and then asked the press where was and McAuliffe and CNN when 700 of this same "anti" crowd showed up inciting violence at one of his town halls and shut down free speech there.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Just got finished listening to Congressman Brat on CNN.  He echoes my exact beliefs on this.  He should be the spokesman for the entire Republican Party.

He condemned the white supremacists, condemned the violence on both sides, and then asked the press where was and McAuliffe and CNN when 700 of this same "anti" crowd showed up inciting violence at one of his town halls and shut down free speech there.

If he had any cajones, he'd called them out by name (BLM).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Time has linked the helicopter crash to the rally

http://time.com/4898351/helicopter-crashes-near-white-nationalist-rally-in-charlottesville/

Two dead from that.

Three dead from car- official

http://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article166895372.html

Quote from "Time:"

Officials say the deaths of two people in a helicopter crash near Charlottesville, Virginia, have been linked to a violent white nationalist rally earlier in the day.

"Officials say" is no longer sufficient for me.  They lie.   No reasons were given in the article for this assertion.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

I would. Both have the right to speak. Neither has the right to incite violence.

Tough policing would prevent things from getting out of hand.

Chief Craig in Detroit is really good with this sort of thing starting with handing out fliers with his list of rules at the start of every march or rally. He knows the locals and knows who the trouble makers are. He recognizes the outsiders and wisely assumes they're trouble makers. If they so much as jaywalk or litter they're immediately arrested and put on the bus and may be held for as much as 72 hours without charges.

Offline Hoodat

WaPo finally IDs the assailant:

The Dodge Challenger is registered to 20-year-old James Alex Fields of Ohio, according to vehicle registration records reviewed by The Washington Post. Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail Superintendent Martin Kumer told The Post that a man with the same name and age was booked Saturday on suspicion of second-degree murder, malicious wounding, failure to stop for an accident involving a death, and hit and run. Kumer said Fields is currently being held without bail.  .  .  .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fights-in-advance-of-saturday-protest-in-charlottesville/2017/08/12/155fb636-7f13-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mrclose

It still seems to escape the (I hate to use a four letter word when there are ladies present) mind
of too many that Donaldus Minimus has had critics on the right for longer than he got involved
as first a candidate and then president, and that as president he has still had numerous
enough critics on the right.

About his remarks regarding Charlottesville, I agree with @endicom - he delivered an infield
hit instead of a three-run homer.
And that assent comes from one of Donaldus Minimus's
critics on the right.

Maybe he, (Trump) will stop by here the next time for a prepared speech, written by forum members?!
That way he can please everyone! *****rollingeyes*****
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline NavyCanDo

Except I dont see this as a KKK/WN vs. BLM. The anti-white supremist side included many groups and people belonging to no group at all.  Yes, I am sure BLM was there as well as the other usual suspects in large protest, but so were a lot of people not part of these groups that just wont tolerate public demonstrations of KKK and White Nationalist who are bringing violence to town.

In any event this was a traggic day
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Yes, I am sure BLM was there as well

If you look at the media pics of the protest, there sure seemed to be a significant amount of BLM signs. 

My point is, that I bet there were some non-affiliated folks there, but counter-protests of this nature doesn't just pop up out of the blue.  Someone has to be organizing, and my bets are on the BLM pukes.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:20:49 am by catfish1957 »

Offline Hoodat

Maybe he, (Trump) will stop by here the next time for a prepared speech, written by forum members?!

Aw Jeez, this is a no-brainer.  Any time an opportunity comes up to slam the KKK, any Republican should jump on it.  Toss in the names of a few Democrats who opposed civil rights, and then call for renaming of the Richard B Russell Senate Building.  This is always a slam dunk win for the GOP because it exposes the lie of Democrats being the champions of civil rights.

Trump blew it.  Big time.  The only narrative you will hear from this point on is how Trump didn't condemn white supremacists.

Civil rights is a winning issue for the GOP.  It is the reason this party was founded to begin with.  Republicans led the fight to end slavery.  Republicans led the fight to end lynching.  Republicans led the fight against segregation.  Republicans led the fight to pass Civil Rights legislation in the 1950s, and Republicans got the Civil Rights Act passed in 1964 and the Voting Rights Act in 1965.  So hell yes, a Republican President should be condemning those Klucker bastards in terms that would even make Democrats cower.

But not Trump.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

@INVAR you up to the task?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mrclose

Aw Jeez, this is a no-brainer.  Any time an opportunity comes up to slam the KKK, any Republican should jump on it.  Toss in the names of a few Democrats who opposed civil rights, and then call for renaming of the Richard B Russell Senate Building.  This is always a slam dunk win for the GOP because it exposes the lie of Democrats being the champions of civil rights.

Trump blew it.  Big time.  The only narrative you will hear from this point on is how Trump didn't condemn white supremacists.

Civil rights is a winning issue for the GOP.  It is the reason this party was founded to begin with.  Republicans led the fight to end slavery.  Republicans led the fight to end lynching.  Republicans led the fight against segregation.  Republicans led the fight to pass Civil Rights legislation in the 1950s, and Republicans got the Civil Rights Act passed in 1964 and the Voting Rights Act in 1965.  So hell yes, a Republican President should be condemning those Klucker bastards in terms that would even make Democrats cower.

But not Trump.

When a fire is lit you don't pour gasoline on it to put it out.
If all of that needs to be said, it can be said later when all of the facts come out.

Obama and the dems are famous for pouring the gas when calm is called for!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:36:00 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

If you look at the media pics of the protest, there sure seemed to be a significant amount of BLM signs. 

My point is, that I bet there were some non-affiliated folks there, but counter-protests of this nature doesn't just pop up out of the blue.  Someone has to be organizing, and my bets are on the BLM pukes.

The media got what it wanted.