Author Topic: The battle of Charlottesville: A continuing discussion thread about the War between the States  (Read 71192 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
BREAKING - Charlottesville, VA helicopter crash with likely fatalities. Local fire official and Media advising crash is a Virginia State Police Helicopter- VFN102
Virginia Fire Network
20 mins ·

Charlottesville, VA: *AIRCRAFT DOWN* 43 Old Farm Rd. Helicopter down & fully involved. One or two souls possibly still aboard (VFN102)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The progressive left and their allies the NeverTrumpers have been pushing for a war, maybe they will get what they want, WAR

Are you lumping Trump's critics on TBR with the leftists AGAIN?  That's getting pretty old.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The progressive left and their allies the NeverTrumpers have been pushing for a war, maybe they will get what they want, WAR

It seems the ones chomping at the bit for CWII or Revolution II or whatever they want to call it are the hard core freeper types who are solid pro-Trump- not the Never Trumpers.

At that, they are the ones right now cheering the driver 'clearing the way' of people blocking the road and wishing he hit more and hoping this lights the CWII fuse they think neeeds to happen. (just browse over there if you have the stomach)

The Conservative Never Trumpers as you call them, have no pieces on this particular chessboard.

Offline endicom

...but when I listened a second time I think it might have been an attempt at a reason  to calm down ... things are moving along in the right direction.

I think you're right, Right but I thought it didn't come across well.

@Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:31:39 pm by endicom »

Offline jpsb

That is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen you type @jpsb   
   To insinuate that NT'ers here are aligned with the 'progressive left' in any manner, war or no war, just because we didn't vote for 'your' guy, is just absurd, but carry on.

Not voting for is one thing, attacking 24/7 like you do @corbe is another.

Offline Axeslinger

@jpsb

Trumpaholic exhibit #23,472

What a douche
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ABX

Offline jpsb

Are you lumping Trump's critics on TBR with the leftists AGAIN?  That's getting pretty old.

walks like a duck .......

Offline corbe

Not voting for is one thing, attacking 24/7 like you do @corbe is another.

In defense of my Character, @jpsb I have defended the President on quite a few occasions, just not blinded by his brilliance like a few of yall are here, not that there's anything wrong with that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Axeslinger

In defense of my Character, @jpsb I have defended the President on quite a few occasions, just not blinded by his brilliance like a few of yall are here, not that there's anything wrong with that.

@corbe

There is NO need to defend your character here against the likes of @jpsb 
Both are well known and only one appears wanting (spoiler: it ain't yours)
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
BREAKING - Charlottesville, VA helicopter crash with likely fatalities. Local fire official and Media advising crash is a Virginia State Police Helicopter- VFN102
Virginia Fire Network
20 mins ·

Charlottesville, VA: *AIRCRAFT DOWN* 43 Old Farm Rd. Helicopter down & fully involved. One or two souls possibly still aboard (VFN102)

Oh no... **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

It's hard to get anything good out of that type of incident, but I did notice one thing.  People ran towards the event as it was happening, and when the creature in the car backed up, presumably to run, a number of people ran after him/her.  When I've seen videos of incidents like this elsewhere, everybody scatters and runs away.  (not always, but as a broad, general point)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:49:22 pm by Sanguine »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:46:15 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Offline ABX

Of all the stupid... **nononono*

Let's just say some people don't have room to talk about wanting a 'war' and such when some people were in the chorus hoping for one a short while back.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
It still seems to escape the (I hate to use a four letter word when there are ladies present) mind
of too many that Donaldus Minimus has had critics on the right for longer than he got involved
as first a candidate and then president, and that as president he has still had numerous
enough critics on the right.

About his remarks regarding Charlottesville, I agree with @endicom - he delivered an infield
hit instead of a three-run homer. And that assent comes from one of Donaldus Minimus's
critics on the right.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Virginia Fire Network
20 mins ·

Had not heard this. Sad. Prayers for those affected.

Offline TomSea

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
About his remarks regarding Charlottesville, I agree with @endicom - he delivered an infield hit instead of a three-run homer. And that assent comes from one of Donaldus Minimus's critics on the right.

I was a bit confused about the strange detour into employment numbers, but other than that it was an OK reading of a prepared statement.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

We had a tragedy a few months ago, we should have learned in that thread, to be measured in our responses. Courteous at the least.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I was a bit confused about the strange detour into employment numbers . . .
I think that's where the ball he hit got knocked down and forced him to take the infield hit. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Silver Pines

It seems the ones chomping at the bit for CWII or Revolution II or whatever they want to call it are the hard core freeper types who are solid pro-Trump- not the Never Trumpers.

At that, they are the ones right now cheering the driver 'clearing the way' of people blocking the road and wishing he hit more and hoping this lights the CWII fuse they think neeeds to happen. (just browse over there if you have the stomach)

The Conservative Never Trumpers as you call them, have no pieces on this particular chessboard.

@AbaraXas

I saw that thread earlier, but I think they pulled it.

They were having a big old time cheering on the driver.  Someone said he hoped Pepe the Frog was behind the wheel.

Offline Hoodat

Virginia Fire Network
20 mins ·

State Police helicopter crashes near Charlottesville golf course

Witnesses say a Virginia State Police helicopter has crashed near 43 Old Farm Road, near the Birdwood Golf Course in Charlottesville.

Officers guarding the scene will not confirm who or what was involved, but neighbors say the helicopter hovered low over houses before going into nearby woods.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/newsvirginian/news/state/state-police-helicopter-crashes-near-charlottesville-golf-course/article_0522c15c-7fa7-11e7-97c3-3b4c4f31fc5a.html

This is just to the west of the 250 Bypass just south of US 250 to Ivy (north of I-64).

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-