Author Topic: The battle of Charlottesville: A continuing discussion thread about the War between the States  (Read 72058 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Hey dumbass, Trump just condemned it.

David Duke: Charlottesville Rally ‘Fulfills The Promises Of Donald Trump’

During a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va. on Saturday, former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke said the event is in line with President Trump’s “promises.”

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said. “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-duke-charlottesville-rally-trump-promises

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

Duke is like the "Washington Generals" to the Harlem Globetrotters.  The "Bogey Man" the Left uses.    Who pays his bills?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No wonder mulanya chose to comment about 'free speech'.    It's the alt-right being excoriated for their so called 'free speech.  She's there to offer the same type of support bannion gave to jeff lord.

What the heck are you talking about??   

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Yes he did and Duke's comments are a perfect example of the stupidity of so many of these people. Trump has clearly stated that he wants these confederate monuments and flag in a museum.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Quite honestly a lot of the blame needs to be put at the feet of the Hard Left SJW types who insist on trying to erase history.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Driver identified as Joel Vangheluwe - liberal.

I'd hold off on that since I'm seeing other "confirmed" names being thrown out there as well.

Driver identified as Joel Vangheluwe - liberal.

Has this been confirmed @Hoodat ?  (I'm TV deprived and can't find a print source)  Thanks.

Offline Hoodat

Has this been confirmed @Hoodat ?  (I'm TV deprived and can't find a print source)  Thanks.

Not to my satisfaction.  Still looking.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Should have omitted the touting of the employment gains and such. Otherwise, very good. And he seems to mean what he says.

Yes . the employment segue surprised me ... but when I listened a second time I think it might have been an attempt at a reason  to calm down ... things are moving along in the right direction.    :shrug:

But I agree .. I found him sincere, too.

@endicom

Offline Hoodat

'Unite the Right' rally: Car plows into counterprotesters

Daily Progress Staff Reports 1 hr ago

CHARLOTTESVILLE — Authorities are on the scene after a vehicle plowed into a group of people marching peacefully through downtown Charlottesville.

An Associated Press reporter saw at least one person on the ground receiving medical treatment immediately afterward the incident, which occurred approximately two hours after violent clashes between white nationalists and counter-protesters.

The gray vehicle hit at least five pedestrians on the Downtown Mall near Urban Outfitters, according to media reports and police reports. A Daily Progress reporter at the scene said the car was pulled over by police. An emergency alert reported that several had broken legs.  .   .  .

http://www.dailyprogress.com/newsvirginian/news/crime/unite-the-right-rally-car-plows-into-counterprotesters/article_6086b838-7f92-11e7-9494-47d2887ee8cd.html

Here at least is something saying the driver was caught.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

The progressive left and their allies the NeverTrumpers have been pushing for a war, maybe they will get what they want, WAR
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:24:49 pm by jpsb »

Online corbe

The progressive left and their allies the NeverTrumpers have been pushing for a war, maybe they will get what they what, WAR

That is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen you type @jpsb   
   To insinuate that NT'ers here are aligned with the 'progressive left' in any manner, war or no war, just because we didn't vote for 'your' guy, is just absurd, but carry on.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.