Author Topic: The battle of Charlottesville: A continuing discussion thread about the War between the States  (Read 70717 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The lady who was in between the black truck and the driver's car when he backed up is lucky to have survived.

I think the one they were trying to resuscitate at the 6:40 mark was the one who died. What little you can see, she fits the pictures of the young lady who was murdered by Fields.

HonestJohn

All those assertions you claim seem so certain the way you state them, yet that is all they are, assertions/opinions/manure.

Point to the place in the Constitution that backup those arguments.  You cannot as it does not exist.

I'm pretty sure it was tried.

And it failed.

So the practical experiment proved that your view fails the real life test.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Another video of the car ramming the protestors. Warning, very graphic which is why I'm not embedding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcKpsM1zi1g
coming up from behind a car that just ran over people is a really stupid move.  Like walking up to a man shooting people.  Not heroic at all.  Just stupid.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I think the one they were trying to resuscitate at the 6:40 mark was the one who died. What little you can see, she fits the pictures of the young lady who was murdered by Fields.

Her brains were all over the pavement. Terrible.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
coming up from behind a car that just ran over people is a really stupid move.  Like walking up to a man shooting people.  Not heroic at all.  Just stupid.

There was a whole lot of stupid out there.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline ABX

In a crisis mode, people don't think rationally and weigh all the options. It is easy to watch a video after the fact and analyze what people should have done. it is another thing to be involved in the middle of a situation that happens in fractions of a second at a time, with adrenaline pumping, people screaming, and everything moving quickly- and you are just an average Joe with no training or experience in crisis situations.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'm pretty sure it was tried.

And it failed.

So the practical experiment proved that your view fails the real life test.
stupid argument.  Sorta like saying you cannot keep what you own because a thief stole from someone else, so keeping your possessions safe 'fails the real life test'.

We have a law called the Constitution.  That is our real dictate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Goes without saying.

First comment under that vid.

amy jenkins
15 hours ago
Whoever was driving is an American Hero !!!!!!!!

Offline dfwgator

amy jenkins
15 hours ago

Yep, a lot of stupid going around there, on all sides.

Offline ABX

amy jenkins
15 hours ago

Sick

Unfortunately I've seen a lot of comments like that the past 24 hours.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

At the 17 second mark, you can see her lying by the passenger side of the car near the rear wheel, before he backs up.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Wingnut

This would all go away if the MSM treated it like Benghazi.   Or if President Trump will Tweet he is bombing NOKO in the morning.

I think a Trump Tweet is in order.

Offline edpc

Other than the obvious mayhem, what I find most disturbing about the video is the lack of action/control by the police. Most of them are milling around doing nothing.  They're not rendering aid and aren't even moving people out of the streets or doing anything close to crowd control until other vehicles arrive.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I wasn't even realy referencing the 'media' in who is pushing the us versus them element. There are many factions that push this, not to mention, just group peer pressure to take sides. It is also part of our nature to see things in such a dichotomy.

We (and in this case i do mean we, as in the people here and those who think like we do), need to see this for what it is, an attack on individuality and liberty by many forces that want to divide all of us for their own purposes. Individualism and liberty mean less control for the powerful. No, I'm not talking about some big Buildacheeseburger conspiracy to control and enslave people, but the very common action of anyone or group in or or who desires power. The easy way is to get their 'team' rallying to them by creating an enemy.

The way I see it, this is a battle that this country was founded on, liberty versus collectivism. All of these groups, be it BLM, Alt-Right, Antifa, DNC, etc, all desire their own tribe to control, their own collectivism. They want their big central authority to control others and tell others what to do.

Just like in the 1930s Germany when the Communists and Fascists clashed for power. Neither side represented Liberty and people then would have been best served to stand together against both of them versus siding up with one or the other against the opposite side.
You get it. The media are doing what they ever do--selling a product--in this case, the conflict.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Other than the obvious mayhem, what I find most disturbing about the video is the lack of action/control by the police. Most of them are milling around doing nothing.  They're not rendering aid and aren't even moving people out of the streets or doing anything close to crowd control until other vehicles arrive.

I heard it mentioned even that there should have been roadblocks.

Well, there are plenty of examples where there are roadblocks nowadays, sports events. I'm unsure about protests but they will start to be there now.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The comment above, apparently missed:  Kessler just proved his point the cops were complicit in the violence yesterday, by allowing this today.

It's a strange world isn't it?  The group that is particularly anti-cop was allowed to attack the other group, who I assume is fairly anti-cop, but by default rather than plan.  Three opposing groups.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And when the woman attacked him that people are mentioning, I mean, as if a man is going to hit a woman.  In this case,  I doubt it especially with the police around.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It's a strange world isn't it?  The group that is particularly anti-cop was allowed to attack the other group, who I assume is fairly anti-cop, but by default rather than plan.  Three opposing groups.

Strange?

I find it...inspiring.  :laugh:

Offline edpc

One of the problems is the coverage given to this event. It was plain to see that the police did little to keep the conflicting groups apart and that will only embolden future conflicts elsewhere.   There is a similar event going on in Seattle, where the police are keeping far right and far left groups apart. You're not hearing much about that, because there's no 'excitement' to report.   We definitely need the law and order Trump promised during the campaign.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/msnbc-goes-live-tense-seattle-222826360.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Union was a one-way door, and the Declaration of Independence doesn't cut it because the colonies weren't cutting loose from an agreement they voluntarily entered into. 

The only way out with honor is with the consent of the other states - a so-called Velvet Revolution - otherwise, it's just a violent rebellion.

Sometimes that's what it takes, but don't fool yourself into thinking you can slap some lipstick on that pig and call it anything else. 

There is no right, legal or moral, to unilaterally secede from the Union.
If this statement is true:
That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
against the depredations of a Monarchy, it is equally true against any compact not honored.

The statement either expresses a fundamental truth, one which legitimizes our entire existence as a country, or those points are invalid.

If they are truth, then they are truth at any time, and in any context.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Interesting.  This would explain your sympathy for the KKK.  I've heard the same stories from my Florida relatives.  However, that in no way absolves the Klan for their detestable history.

The key thing to keep in mind is the KKK of today is not the KKK of years gone by.

Some?  Don't try to minimize it.  Lynching one was too many

I disagree.The last lynching I know of in this county was back in the late 20's or early 30's,and the lynchee was an adult black that raped and murdered a slow-witted little white guy under 10 years of age. IMHO,they should have cut him down at the last moment,revived him,and then hanged him again.

And "yes",they did know they had the right guy because he and the victims family lived up the same road,both had walked to the local grocery store at roughly the same time that afternoon,and when they went to his house the groceries she had been sent to pick up were in his house,and so was the candy she had bought.

Bullshit.  They lynched blacks because they could, regardless of whatever trumped up charge they could come up with.  And any sheriff refusing to arrest an accused rapist or murderer would find a noose around his neck as well.  Do you really deep down believe this lie you are peddling?

One thing you need to understand right now is that I don't lie,bubba. You are obviously one of those shitheads that bases their "FACTS" on what they have read and been told by their teebees. I'm not. I have talked with people who were alive at the time and knew what was going on. 

You obviously also don't know the power local sheriff's wielded in rural areas right up until recently. They did whatever the hell it was they wanted to do ,and nobody cared as long as they made sure the "power players" got what they wanted.

It's all about fear, power, and scapegoating a group of people.

"Nobie nos,de trubbles ahb seed.........."

Imagine all those black people being murdered every day,with nobody caring or even being arrested for it! Why,there musta been MILLIONS of them!

Where are they all buried,Bubba? If the racist whites in the south,and we ALL know they were ALL racist murderers,don't we,were free to kill as many as they wanted at any time with no bag limit,how come there are so many blacks still alive and running around today?

Let me get this right.  You are seriously suggesting that the FBI/Justice Department - not the Klan - was responsible for the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in 1963?  Wow.  Just wow.

You can bet money on it. The head Feeb in charge of investigating the Klan back then pretty much admitted it while the movie made from his book "Mississippi Burning" was made that the two missing "civil rights workers" that was the focus of that book and movie were in reality two instigators the Feebs hired to go down there and stir up trouble in order to justify bringing the Feebs in. When they had a hard time renting rooms in a local motel,he said the alleged Justice Department told him "You have an unlimited budget. Buy the motel if that is what you have to do."

BTW,the two missing/murdered "Civil Rights Workers" were in reality communist agitators from NYC. One was Jewish and had a beard and long hair,and the other was a arrogant black with an Afro from NYC,and they were sent down there with pockets full of cash to pay people to register to vote,and they were driving a brand new car with air-conditioning. Almost nobody local had air-conditioned cars OR houses at the time. In other words,they did everything they could do to build up resentment and hate in order to be attacked.

No,this didn't and doesn't justify murdering them,but I have VERY little sympathy for someone that asks for trouble and then gets it. You bought the ticket,so take the damn ride!

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You know, if you change the words Klan to Cosa Nostra and northerners to aristocracy, you have the identical origin story of the Mafia.  :shrug:

@EC

That's probably true of people and governments all over the world. Human nature is human nature.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

One of the problems is the coverage given to this event. It was plain to see that the police did little to keep the conflicting groups apart and that will only embolden future conflicts elsewhere.   There is a similar event going on in Seattle, where the police are keeping far right and far left groups apart. You're not hearing much about that, because there's no 'excitement' to report.   We definitely need the law and order Trump promised during the campaign.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/msnbc-goes-live-tense-seattle-222826360.html

It is about to go down on 9/11 down at Texas A&M. Some of these same groups are planning a 'White Lives Matter' event and everyone on all sides are already gearing up and arming up.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Activist-White-Lives-Matters-event-planned-at-11806903.php

This time with almost a month's notice to prepare.