Author Topic: Trump Admin Takes First Step Toward Slapping Huge Tariff On Chinese Aluminum Foil  (Read 2106 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
Thomas Phippen
Reporter
11:12 AM 08/09/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/09/trump-admin-takes-first-step-toward-slapping-huge-tariff-on-chinese-aluminum-foil/

The Trump administration is considering a plan to tax aluminum foil imports from China after finding that the country China is heavily subsidizing aluminum foil.

The Department of Commerce could impose a reciprocal 16.56 to 80.97 percent tariff on aluminum foil after the department discovered that the Chinese government supported aluminum producers.

“The United States is committed to free, fair and reciprocal trade, and will continue to validate the information provided to us that brought us to this decision,” Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said in a statement Tuesday. “The Trump Administration will not stand idly by as harmful trade practices from foreign nations attempt to take advantage of our essential industries, workers, and businesses.”

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline dfwgator

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Trumpbots better stock up...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Tinfoil cat is not amused!
The Republic is lost.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
When you look up the definition of unintended consequences it redirects to tariffs... :whistle:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Remind me. Who will pay for this tariff again?

• Wulf Anson Author
Excuse me, but Where did North Korea get the nukes from?

And we're all feeling superior because Tariff (it's not even a four letter word) somehow proves Trump is an economic idiot?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline ABX

And we're all feeling superior because Tariff (it's not even a four letter word) somehow proves Trump is an economic idiot?

The Soviet Union in 1963n(ie Russia). Helped along later by Bill Clinton, Pakistan, and Iran.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:15:33 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When you look up the definition of unintended consequences it redirects to tariffs... :whistle:

The way I look at it is a test of our economic Mutually Assured Destruction de facto treaty we have with China. Trump is taking a risk to test the response.

Now we see if they think they have enough to lose by blinking, or if they go the kneejerk posturing route and it all blows up.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I fully support Trump's stance on North Korea! This not so much!  Tariffs NEVER hit the people they are intended to hit! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

I fully support Trump's stance on North Korea! This not so much!  Tariffs NEVER hit the people they are intended to hit!

But the option of using tariffs should never be taken off the table.    We'll see how China responds.

• Wulf Anson Author
But the option of using tariffs should never be taken off the table.    We'll see how China responds.

The Chinese Govt supported aluminum producers.

For the objective, Not of making a profit, but of harming/running out of business, American aluminum producers.

The Chi-com Govt was actively engaged in an attack upon our aluminum producers, but we're upset that a role of tin foil could rise in price?

Tariff?

H**l Yes!

I want tariffs on Everything that disgusting excuse for a country exports to us.

Take their damn products elsewhere and peddle them.

Once they're OFF American shelves we'll see American made goods back where they belong.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump has eschewed chess and is playing three dimensional go! with the Chinese.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Chinese Govt supported aluminum producers.

For the objective, Not of making a profit, but of harming/running out of business, American aluminum producers.

The Chi-com Govt was actively engaged in an attack upon our aluminum producers, but we're upset that a role of tin foil could rise in price?

Tariff?

H**l Yes!

I want tariffs on Everything that disgusting excuse for a country exports to us.

Take their damn products elsewhere and peddle them.

Once they're OFF American shelves we'll see American made goods back where they belong.

There is a FAR better way to do that than imposing tariffs!  Getting rid of our current abjectly STUPID tax code and unleashing OUR producers would work just fine!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Wulf Anson Author
There is a FAR better way to do that than imposing tariffs!  Getting rid of our current abjectly STUPID tax code and unleashing OUR producers would work just fine!

I HEARD That!

If the Tax Code went bye bye First, we wouldn't even be discussing tariffs.

• Wulf Anson Author
The Soviet Union in 1963n(ie Russia). Helped along later by Bill Clinton, Pakistan, and Iran.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

Axis of Evil.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-iran-oil-idUSKBN14P15W

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China%E2%80%93Pakistan_Free_Trade_Agreement

Asymmetric Warfare

Iran, Pakistan, and China: joined at the hip.

Plausible deniability for indirectly arming their proxy, the Norks, with Nukes.

Wingnut

FYI:

This is the post that turned this thread to shit.

Offline dfwgator

I HEARD That!

Will never happen,  it would put too many lawyers and accountants out of business.

Offline edpc

FYI:

This is the post that turned this thread to shit.

Offline Suppressed

Remind me. Who will pay for this tariff again?

The American consumer.

It's the US Government stepping in and doing a wealth transfer from the American consumer to corporations that can't compete.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

I HEARD That!

Riiiiiiiight. 

Offline ABX

The American consumer.

It's the US Government stepping in and doing a wealth transfer from the American consumer to corporations that can't compete.

Bingo

Offline kevindavis007

The American consumer.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline dfwgator

Bingo

So if a country uses slave labor to keep costs down, should we just allow them to dump their products on our market?

Offline edpc

So if a country uses slave labor to keep costs down, should we just allow them to dump their products on our market?

We're also over regulated, whereas they outright ignore them or officials take payments to overlook infractions.