Author Topic: Justice Officials Sent Talking Points to FBI on Lynch Tarmac Meeting With Bill Clinton  (Read 1396 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Justice Officials Sent Talking Points to FBI on Lynch Tarmac Meeting With Bill Clinton
Flurry of emails between Justice, FBI and White House came just days before Comey cleared Hillary Clinton in email scandal

BY: Susan Crabtree   
August 9, 2017 10:16 am

One of former Attorney General Loretta Lynch's top lawyers at the Justice Department helped edit Obama administration press statements about the infamous meeting between Lynch and Bill Clinton on a tarmac last summer.

The same attorney, Paige Herwig, is now the deputy general counsel for Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee. That panel is now investigating whether Lynch played any role in trying to influence the scope or intensity of the FBI's investigation into the Hillary Clinton email scandal.

Prior to her legal work with Lynch at Justice, Herwig was a special assistant and associate counsel to President Obama.

more
http://freebeacon.com/issues/justice-officials-sent-talking-points-fbi-lynch-tarmac-meeting-bill-clinton/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The same attorney, Paige Herwig, is now the deputy general counsel for Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee. That panel is now investigating whether Lynch played any role in trying to influence the scope or intensity of the FBI's investigation into the Hillary Clinton email scandal.

Prior to her legal work with Lynch at Justice, Herwig was a special assistant and associate counsel to President Obama.

When is enough enough??   :#@$%:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

When is enough enough??   :#@$%:

The fact that Washington DC is an incestuous swamp is well known and anyone who thinks or thought that cleaning that up was going to be easy or quick is SADLY mistaken!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

The fact that Washington DC is an incestuous swamp is well known and anyone who thinks or thought that cleaning that up was going to be easy or quick is SADLY mistaken!

Washington DC needs an enema.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Washington DC needs an enema.

Where would one insert the needle?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

You're asking where they should stick it?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You're asking where they should stick it?

Yeah! SO many choices so little time!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So a sitting public official and chief prosecutor met with a rep of a presidential campaign to collude on talking points to the FBI so as to influence their investigation.

Yet obviously no outrage when the Dems do it.
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think you'll find it at about the 54 sec mark. Also I think this is more fitting image for government than swamp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik74HOLgSjU

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I think you'll find it at about the 54 sec mark. Also I think this is more fitting image for government than swamp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik74HOLgSjU

LOL!   888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The President alone cannot do as much as some think. That became clear during Reagan's administration.

Many of those a President would need help from, are themselves part of the entrenched, self-interested DC Swamp.

The same interests that now resist Trump draining the Swamp, would be equally resistant to a Cruz, Paul, Walker, Kasich draining the same Swamp.

Anybody thinking otherwise is delusional.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The President alone cannot do as much as some think. That became clear during Reagan's administration.

Many of those a President would need help from, are themselves part of the entrenched, self-interested DC Swamp.

The same interests that now resist Trump draining the Swamp, would be equally resistant to a Cruz, Paul, Walker, Kasich draining the same Swamp.

And SOME of us have known that from day one!  I STILL wish Ted Cruz were president rather than Trump but I am under zero illusions that his bed would be any softer so to speak!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
And SOME of us have known that from day one!  I STILL wish Ted Cruz were president rather than Trump but I am under zero illusions that his bed would be any softer so to speak!

Its good that a Presidents power is limited, just as its good that the powers of Congress are limited.   It would be even better if those limits were enforced.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Attorney for Loretta Lynch at Justice Department now at committee investigating Lynch
Washington Examiner, Aug 9, 2017, Todd Shepard

An attorney in the Justice Department who helped edit press statements about the tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch is now a top attorney for Democrats in the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is currently investigating Lynch over concerns she may have tried to influence the FBI's investigation into Hillary Clinton.

The connection, first reported by the Washington Free Beacon, comes after hundreds of pages of emails about the infamous "tarmac" meeting were released by two conservative watchdog groups who had filed Freedom of Information Act requests for documents about the meeting from the Justice Department.

Paige Herwig was a counselor to the then-Attorney General Lynch in 2016 when the airplane meeting between Clinton and Lynch took place. According to her LinkedIn profile and other sources, she now serves as the deputy general counsel for the minority in the Senate Judiciary.

Because both the majority and minority parties each have their own staff, Herwig is one of several lawyers who will have access to and knowledge of how the Senate Judiciary's investigation of Lynch is proceeding, with many of those other attorneys being Republicans who serve Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and the other GOP members on the committee.

More: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/attorney-for-loretta-lynch-at-justice-department-now-at-committee-investigating-lynch/article/2631026 

Are there no conflict of interest standards at all????

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Are there no conflict of interest standards at all????

It appears that there are none among Democrat lawyers in Washington D.C. for sure!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kidd

Perhaps.
But I would like to see at least one of the big names to receive jail time, as a show that there aren't a separate set of rules for those in power.
For example, Eric Holder has already been convicted, was found to be in contempt of Congress, yet he inexplicably walks free.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:06:21 pm by kidd »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Wise politics would be to enact as much of the conservative, pro-America agenda as possible, and not get diverted to waste political capital on this stuff.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Wise politics would be to enact as much of the conservative, pro-America agenda as possible, and not get diverted to waste political capital on this stuff.

I vehemently disagree with you here!  I think the president's approval ratings would go up astronomically overnight if the Obama malfeasants were fully prosecuted!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Perhaps.
But I would like to see at least one of the big names to receive jail time, as a show that there aren't a separate set of rules for those in power.
For example, Eric Holder has already been convicted, was found to be in contempt of Congress, yet he inexplicably walks free.

Absolutely right!  Why IS Eric Holder walking free?

- J. R. R. Tolkien