Author Topic: Aging: What to expect  (Read 641 times)

rangerrebew

Aging: What to expect
« on: August 05, 2017, 11:32:56 am »

Aging: What to expect

Wonder what's considered a normal part of the aging process? Here's what to expect as you get older — and what to do about it.
By Mayo Clinic Staff

You know that aging will likely cause you to develop wrinkles and gray hair. But do you know how the aging process will affect your teeth, heart and sexuality? Find out what kind of changes you can expect in your body as you continue aging — and what you can do to promote good health at any age.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/healthy-aging/in-depth/aging/art-20046070
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:33:29 am by rangerrebew »

Offline LMAO

Re: Aging: What to expect
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 04:13:06 am »
I am in my mid 50's. I wouldn't call my self a health nut, but I have lived a healthy lifestyle for the last several decades. I have worked out with weights since 16 and am active. When I was in my mid 20's, I upped my produce intake. I have also eaten a balanced diet since then

My MD praises my health. Many people have told me I don't look like a man in his 50's. I feel great and take no meds. The only thing that given my age away in recent years is my graying hair. I believe many issues with aging are lifestyle related.  Like the article said, we all will age but choices one makes when young can minimize them.

I decided long ago after watching one grandfather die in his 50's and another die at 65 but spending years before that in and out of the hospital with various health issues that I would follow a healthier path.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy pizza and beer. Everything in moderation. Even exercise

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy