Author Topic: Krauthammer Warns: ‘Some Republicans’ Want Trump ‘Taken Out Of Office’  (Read 4391 times)

Online roamer_1

Many people take the stance that because Trump is who he is and acts the way he does all these problems are of his own doing.  I don't think that is true at all.

I think it true to a very great degree - He is intentionally making himself a lightning rod. Whether that intention is sane and with purpose is the only question.

Offline dfwgator

I think it true to a very great degree - He is intentionally making himself a lightning rod. Whether that intention is sane and with purpose is the only question.

I just pray in the end that there's a "method to the madness."

Online roamer_1

I'll grant you that hope, but I don't think it's true. He's crazy as a march hare as far as I am concerned... And thus my support is absolutely elsewhere, until I find some 'method to his madness'... Which I do not expect.

Oceander

Permanently staining the GOP as the party of the mad dogs, not to be trusted with any office greater than dog catcher.  That's the method, and reason, for the madness, near as I can tell.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Wow, our little forum sure does have more than its fair share of certified psychiatrists.

Lucky us.

One doesn't need a degree in Psychiatry to see that someone is mentally ill or not behaving normally. But then you knew that already.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
His work on secondary mania during the late 70s is well-known and well respected in the medical field.  It's often late adult onset, due to previous medical conditions that effect the nervous system.  See if any of this sounds familiar.........

Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity

Decreased need for sleep (e.g., feels rested after 3 hours of sleep.)

More talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking.

Flights of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing.

Increase in goal directed activity, or psychomotor acceleration.

Distractibility (too easily drawn to unimportant or irrelevant external stimuli).

Excessive involvement in activities with a high likelihood of painful consequences.(e.g., extravagant shopping, sexual adventures or improbable commercial schemes).

Trump has some or many of those symptoms but I know of nothing physical that happened to him to cause it.

I think the lack of sleep is particularly harmful to Trump and his followers applaud it as some kind of virtue.

No one can be physically or mentally healthy with 3 hours sleep a night.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Permanently staining the GOP as the party of the mad dogs, not to be trusted with any office greater than dog catcher.  That's the method, and reason, for the madness, near as I can tell.

Look Around. Nothing but hatred for republicans out of Trumpers.

Wingnut

Say what?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I wouldn't single out Trumpers for that.  A lot of people here are disgusted with the failure of Congress on various things, particularly their failure on the health care thing.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

An actual Republican as president would have been nice...
Rick Perry
Scott Walker
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I wouldn't single out Trumpers for that.  A lot of people here are disgusted with the failure of Congress on various things, particularly their failure on the health care thing.

The whole bunch of varieties, of republicans and conservatives, seem incapable of narrowing the focus of their displeasure.

45 GOP Senators voted FOR ending Obamacare, after it ALSO carried a big majority in the House too.

Only 7 Republicans Senators did not vote for it in the Senate.

With focus much more is possible, than wildly shouting and blindly firing a blunderbuss into the sky.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd rather Pence was president too.

The rabid aggression toward anyone who wouldn't pledge fealty to Trump is going to come back and bite him.

Pence was never a candidate for President.  He was never on the playing field.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

Pence was never a candidate for President.  He was never on the playing field.

True.  Be he is about the smartest man in the WH right now.   He is in hiding!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
True.  Be he is about the smartest man in the WH right now.   He is in hiding!

In hiding is a great place to be.  Worked so well for Gerald Ford.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Hell you say!!!!!!!!!

Quite a revelation ain't it!   :thud:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

What I find amazing is both McConnell and Trump have made a comfortable living out of trashing TEA Partiers.
I will NOT comply.

We simply cannot start impeaching Presidents because they suck or we don't like them.

Why have elections in that case?

I'm no brilliant analyst, but it seems to me that I would only consider impeaching a President who did, in fact, suck.  It appears that listing a status of "suck" as a reason why Trump can't be impeached is a solid argument for Trump fan's, but I remain unswayed. 

Additionally...
and hear me out on this,  my friend...
I believe that impeaching a President is most likely to succeed when the President is not liked. 

If we can agree on these two points then I believe we can further delve into the many reasons why President Trump's continued administration could be worse for America than his impeachment.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Preach it, I don't know of a bigger Romney supporter.

Defending Obama and the SPLC.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:55:30 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Some madness, strongest Republican presence nationwide, state by state in over 60 years.

And a Democratic Governor who just became a Republican. GOP sure is weak.

Some madness, strongest Republican presence nationwide, state by state in over 60 years.
That happened before President Trump, and as a reaction to President Obama.  Trump lost seats in the Congress last Nov.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
That happened before President Trump, and as a reaction to President Obama.  Trump lost seats in the Congress last Nov.

How'd he do that since he was elected in nov.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

Happened last November along with his being elected to the Presidency.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/11/17/republican_party_the_strongest_its_been_in_80_years.html#!

Republican Party the Strongest It's Been in 80 Years

By Sean Trende & David Byler
RCP Staff
November 17, 2016

I've heard the GOP has lost some seats in some of the lesser known races. Still, difficult to track down.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:27:47 am by TomSea »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

I saw some idiot on twitter crediting Trump for Right to Work in Michigan. Michigan enacted RTW in 2012, the same year Obama was reelected and I don't think the democrats have picked up a single seat in Michigan since then. The fact is that Michigan republicans all won their seats last year by far wider margins of victory than Trump.

If I were Rick Snyder and Trump got all smart ass with me about my not supporting him I would point to where the New Gordie Howe bridge is being built across the Detroit river and tell Trump "Canada is actually paying for that".

How'd he do that since he was elected in nov.
Trump became the face of the GOP and cost 2 Senate seats and 6 House seats last Nov.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm no brilliant analyst, but it seems to me that I would only consider impeaching a President who did, in fact, suck.  It appears that listing a status of "suck" as a reason why Trump can't be impeached is a solid argument for Trump fan's, but I remain unswayed. 

Additionally...
and hear me out on this,  my friend...
I believe that impeaching a President is most likely to succeed when the President is not liked. 

If we can agree on these two points then I believe we can further delve into the many reasons why President Trump's continued administration could be worse for America than his impeachment.

You are wrong in so many ways.

Most presidents are disliked by a large segment of the population and Trump is no exception, but, don't let the polls fool you (AGAIN) but he is still quite popular with the people who elected him.

Another way you are wrong is in thinking Trump has done a bunch of things wrong.  He has not, and certainly nothing impeachable.

But you are right in declaring you are no brilliant analyst.