Author Topic: Trump turns on GOP Congress  (Read 2647 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump turns on GOP Congress
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2017, 09:01:27 pm »
I see nothing whatever wrong with that.  Why don't you let Trump hear from you instead of just insulting him from afar.

Don't worry.  I responded.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2017, 09:15:00 pm »
    At the end of the survey did it ask for a donation to the GOP or him (to cover his legal fees)?
    Just Curious @edpc
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2017, 09:46:36 pm »
I see nothing whatever wrong with that.  Why don't you let Trump hear from you instead of just insulting him from afar.

Agree. Can't hurt. Probably won't help - or even be read - but it it might.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2017, 10:05:21 pm »
I regard Trump and all this nauseating shit of a pretend Administration engaged in a con-game the same exact way and manner I viewed Obama and his regime.

The endless campaigning, the stoking of his followers to rise up against his political enemies, the childish behavior, the sickening taunts. 

Nothing has changed except that the Republicans have shown everyone they are actually just Democrats with an 'R' after their name and totally feckless and useless in any capacity except to protect or further the Leftist agenda.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2017, 10:15:19 pm »
At the end of the survey did it ask for a donation to the GOP or him (to cover his legal fees)?
    Just Curious

No direct solicitation, but there's an unmissable 'contribute' button at the bottom of the page.

Online corbe

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2017, 10:21:47 pm »
   Thanks for the info @edpc that does give it more credibility, in my book.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2017, 10:43:33 pm »
Oddly enough, the survey link takes you to gop.com - go figure.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2017, 01:21:15 am »
He's loaded the White house with democrats starting with his family.

Yep and the schmuck he just fired.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2017, 01:22:33 am »
I regard Trump and all this nauseating shit of a pretend Administration engaged in a con-game the same exact way and manner I viewed Obama and his regime.

The endless campaigning, the stoking of his followers to rise up against his political enemies, the childish behavior, the sickening taunts. 

Nothing has changed except that the Republicans have shown everyone they are actually just Democrats with an 'R' after their name and totally feckless and useless in any capacity except to protect or further the Leftist agenda.

Truth!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2017, 01:31:18 am »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup3:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2017, 01:35:39 am »
This is an email I received today.  I'm convinced all he wants to do is campaign and hold rallies for the next 3.5 years.  Hard to take him seriously.

Politicians have spent too much time bickering and not enough time listening. Enough!

I want to hear from YOU.

I want to hear from the American heartland -- the REAL America that lives outside of the DC-media fantasy bubble.

Now that we’ve passed the six-month mark of our presidency, I want you to take the Listening to America Survey to tell me the true sentiments, concerns, and interests of REAL America.

The mainstream media and Hollywood love to tell you “how America is feeling.” But they know nothing. They live in a world where you get to keep your job even if you fail to get anything done.

It’s time to tune them out. It’s time to shut off the noise and just LISTEN.

Just like on the campaign, I always like to go directly to the people. I asked our supporters to help prepare for our three big debates against Hillary. I asked what issues we should address. I asked for help creating our platform.

So please take this moment to turn off the very loud noise of Washington and take the Listening to America Survey.

Thank you,

Donald J. Trump

I see something wrong with that.  Campaign is over.  He said he would hire the best people but he keeps a bunch of liberals on his staff, and he keeps firing people.  The people already spoke.  They voted for the things he promised to do.  His presidency is nothing but a chaotic circus.  It seems he need to go out and get a pat on the back for nothing.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2017, 01:36:33 am »
Why is it that Pres Trump is expected to come up with the legislation? He has no legislative experience.

It is the Pub party that promised to repeal it for 7 years. Why weren't they ready?
Except for that little bit about him promissing he would be getting rid of Ocare all through the campaign, all that rhetoric and he never once worked with people to formulate an actual plan to achieve it? Both Trump and Republicans that campaigned on the promise of dumping Ocare are equaly guitly of incompetence and fraud. Be honest now, if a contractor or employee was exhibiying this level of performance Trump would be seriously considering firing them.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2017, 09:03:57 pm »
DT has congress to the Rose Garden to praise them on their work on Ocare and then a few days later refers to their work on the issue..........MEAN.

Offline bilo

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2017, 10:35:23 pm »
Except for that little bit about him promissing he would be getting rid of Ocare all through the campaign, all that rhetoric and he never once worked with people to formulate an actual plan to achieve it? Both Trump and Republicans that campaigned on the promise of dumping Ocare are equaly guitly of incompetence and fraud. Be honest now, if a contractor or employee was exhibiying this level of performance Trump would be seriously considering firing them.

Is there a reason you use such a big font in bold?

Pres. Trump made the mistake of thinking the Pubs were serious. He left it to the establishment Pubs in his Admn. and Congress to work out the legislation. He showed he was inept at the legislative process when he criticized and attacked the House Freedom Caucus as well as running down the bill that came out of the House as "mean". That being said the Pub Congress has said for 7 years they would repeal obamacare and passed a repeal in 2015. Now that they have a POTUS who will sign anything they put in front of him they can't pass anything. The blame rests with the Pubs in Congress and in the process they've begun their own demise.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2017, 10:38:45 pm »
DT has congress to the Rose Garden to praise them on their work on Ocare and then a few days later refers to their work on the issue..........MEAN.

You're right. Pres. Trump is not great at legislating, but the Pub party should have been able to put a bill on his desk within the first month of his administration. They had 7 years to workout the details and they were unprepared.

The Pub party lied to us and will never get my support again.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2017, 10:58:28 pm »
The dirty little secret is they never intended to repal it.
It would have been nice if you had spilled the secret 8 years ago.  I wasted a lot of time caring about who was in charge.

Like the "I'm gonna make Mexico pay for the way" line...claiming to repeal Obama care "root and branch" has turned out to just be another throw away campaign line used to rile up the base.
Wait?!?   Are you also saying Mexico won't pay?  Another secret revealed in the same post!?!  I think I know who the leaker is!!!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2017, 11:09:30 pm »
Yeah, well, not attacking them hasn't worked very well either.
I tried that with my friend Danny.  I punched him in the face and told him to give me his wallet.  He beat me up and called the cops.

What should I do next, please?

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2017, 11:55:38 pm »
Yeah, and Trump, he turned against journalists, and both for no reason.  He just keeps starting fights with people, *and* he does it in ways that are unbecoming.  Unbecoming behavior is grounds for impeachment!  /sarc
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

HonestJohn

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2017, 11:38:05 am »
It would have been nice if you had spilled the secret 8 years ago.  I wasted a lot of time caring about who was in charge.
Wait?!?   Are you also saying Mexico won't pay?  Another secret revealed in the same post!?!  I think I know who the leaker is!!!

I would've thought Romney's 2012 election was a big hint.

I mean, the GOP primary voters chose the one guy who created the health care plan that would become the blueprint for Obamacare.

If that ain't a big, blinking sign...

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2017, 12:32:16 pm »
Living in the NY metro area we were well aware of DT's ugly business practices.  He walked all over the workers at his hotel in Atlantic City.  Refusing to pay them and then telling them to sue him.  Ivanka pulled the exact same scam on the D.C. workers at the post office hotel.  When the project was coming to a close they stopped paying the workers.