Author Topic: With fifth judge confirmed, Trump outpaces Obama and Bush  (Read 728 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
With fifth judge confirmed, Trump outpaces Obama and Bush
« on: August 04, 2017, 03:49:11 am »
With fifth judge confirmed, Trump outpaces Obama and Bush

By Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Tuesday, August 1, 2017

President Trump may be facing a roadblock on the rest of his nominees — but he’s outpacing his predecessors when it comes to getting federal judges confirmed, with his fifth court pick approved by the Senate on Tuesday.

Alabama lawyer Kevin Christopher Newsom was confirmed to a seat on the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on a 66-31 vote, with 16 Democrats joining the GOP.

He’s the third circuit judge approved so far, and combined with one district judge and Supreme Court Justice Neil M. Gorsuch, puts the president and the GOP-led Senate well ahead of pace.

By comparison, President Obama had zero judges confirmed in his first six months and it took him until November of 2009 to get three circuit court nominees cleared through the Senate.

President George W. Bush had one circuit judge and two district judges confirmed by August of his first term.

snip

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/1/kevin-newsom-confirmed-senate-trump-outpace-obama-/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: With fifth judge confirmed, Trump outpaces Obama and Bush
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 04:06:28 pm »
Facts on the administration, ignored on this site.  Instead the daily rant, Trump bad, Republicans bad.

All of the while, claiming how stupid "others" are; which is a  way of saying "they themselves are smart or smarter."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 04:14:14 pm »
Facts on the administration, ignored on this site.  Instead the daily rant, Trump bad, Republicans bad.

All of the while, claiming how stupid "others" are; which is a  way of saying "they themselves are smart or smarter."

Oh stop whining.  Trump fans are just as bad as their leader.

I don't really care how MANY judges are approved.  I care WHAT KIND OF judges are being approved.  Are these judges constitutional conservatives or are they the kind who rule based on their personal beliefs and agenda?  When I see how they rule, then I might rejoice with you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 04:30:06 pm »

I was going to post something along the lines of "Oh, good, an item of success for Trump", but I'll be darned if I will after that stupid remark from @truth_seeker.   

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 10:09:07 pm »
   Correct me if I'm wrong, but GWB and obummer didn't have a 51 Senate Vote threshold as McConnell has given Trump. 
   If I am correct then WTF is taking so long to fill these vacant Judicial positions (among others)?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 10:34:02 pm »
I was going to post something along the lines of "Oh, good, an item of success for Trump", but I'll be darned if I will after that stupid remark from @truth_seeker.

They need to realize they're not always doing any good for their leader.

I've been defending Trump all morning (well, morning to me) and I can be turned like a top by one nasty comment from an Ever Trumper.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 10:36:35 pm »
What sort of judges are these who are being confirmed?  What are their track records like?

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 12:19:33 am »
   Correct me if I'm wrong, but GWB and obummer didn't have a 51 Senate Vote threshold as McConnell has given Trump. 
   If I am correct then WTF is taking so long to fill these vacant Judicial positions (among others)?

I believe it was actually Harry Reid who nuked the filibuster for all appointments except SCOTUS?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 12:30:53 am »
   Thank You @Snarknado and I stand corrected.

In November 2013, Senate Democrats used the nuclear option to eliminate filibusters on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments other than those to the Supreme Court.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 12:58:22 am »

When the federal judges get the economy growing at 5%, repeal Obamacare, defund sanctuary cities, make us energy independent, overhaul the VA, and secure the borders, maybe I'll GAF.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 10:59:21 am »
   Thank You @Snarknado and I stand corrected.

You're right though that neither had the lower threshold in their first terms. Obama could easily have moved faster but of course was preoccupied with far more malevolent priorities...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA