Poll

Do you hang your toilet paper:

Author Topic: Toilet Paper  (Read 17989 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Toilet Paper
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2017, 01:11:36 am »
I defense of cats at least they bury their crap. Unlike most people on the planet that can't even wipe their own ass.
:bigsilly: :bigsilly: :happyhappy: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe I bet you honestly believe that too! Here's some free advice, in a neighborhood where there a free roaming cats, always look in the grass before you step! Aside from being vindictive cats are really lazy too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2017, 01:25:13 am »
:bigsilly: :bigsilly: :happyhappy: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe I bet you honestly believe that too! Here's some free advice, in a neighborhood where there a free roaming cats, always look in the grass before you step! Aside from being vindictive cats are really lazy too.

Unburied cat poop is a territorial marker. I admit feral cats, or feral anything, is a problem.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Applewood

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2017, 04:39:51 pm »
I defense of cats at least they bury their crap. Unlike most people on the planet that can't even wipe their own ass.

My first cat was a sweetheart, but she never could actually bury her waste.  She could spend what seemed like hours in the litterbox scratching around, get out and the waste was STILL on top. 

My present cat, on the other hand, buries his waste as if it were gold.  Have to dig down deep to find it.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2017, 05:19:36 pm »
A litter box for humans might be an interesting idea.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2017, 12:45:50 am »
A litter box for humans might be an interesting idea.

Not really. It is called the Middle East.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2017, 03:58:27 am »
Cat meets toilet paper

[attachment deleted by admin]
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2017, 01:03:39 pm »
And you have no selection for corncobs... Jussayin.
Nor pages from the Sears or MonkeyWard catelogs. Or is that just for outhouse use?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2017, 01:46:19 pm »
Nor pages from the Sears or MonkeyWard catelogs. Or is that just for outhouse use?

As with corncobs, just for outhouses. it seems... a failure attributable to the inferiority of modern plumbing. One thing you won't find in an outhouse is a plunger.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2017, 06:18:02 pm »
Regarding the poll:  I can't vote for any of the three choices.  I don't use a bidet and when I install a roll of toilet paper -- whichever way it ends up facing is where it stays.  I can't be bothered worrying about whether it's over or under.  I have more important things to do -- like taking my afternoon nap.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2017, 06:25:50 pm »
As with corncobs, just for outhouses. it seems... a failure attributable to the inferiority of modern plumbing. One thing you won't find in an outhouse is a plunger.

I believe the corncob thing is a myth started by some 18th Century comedian.  I have known a lot of old timers with generations of outhouses, and not one of them has ever said anything about the use of corncobs.  (Sears and Monkey Ward's cataologues, yes [I have used them personally], but corncobs, no.  Anyone who has handled a corncob would say that the idea of using it in lieu of paper is crazy.  Might as well propose sandpaper.)

Offline Hurricane Andrew

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2017, 06:41:56 pm »
Case closed!

[attachment deleted by admin]
There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.

• Technical
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2017, 06:51:30 pm »
New constipation ad:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2017, 07:23:19 pm »
I believe the corncob thing is a myth started by some 18th Century comedian.  I have known a lot of old timers with generations of outhouses, and not one of them has ever said anything about the use of corncobs.  (Sears and Monkey Ward's cataologues, yes [I have used them personally], but corncobs, no.  Anyone who has handled a corncob would say that the idea of using it in lieu of paper is crazy.  Might as well propose sandpaper.)

I wouldn't know... though I have used magazines in the outhouse if the TP is gone.

I can tell you that out in the woods, counter to what one might assume, soft fuzzy leaves are usually a bad idea. stinging nettle as an example. Very, very bad idea.

and cats. No cats... Maybe a rabbit...

Offline the_doc

« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2017, 07:57:10 pm »
I wouldn't know... though I have used magazines in the outhouse if the TP is gone.

I can tell you that out in the woods, counter to what one might assume, soft fuzzy leaves are usually a bad idea. stinging nettle as an example. Very, very bad idea.

I have used sycamore leaves with wonderful results.  BTW, you ought to check out the toilet tissue tablets that you can get on Amazon.  I just got some.  They are nifty wipes for backpackers. 

Fourteen sturdy wipes will fit into one of those little tubes that hikers often use for keeping a small emergency supply of matches dry.  The bottom line, as they say, is that fourteen wipes occupy practically no space at all.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:57:48 pm by the_doc »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2017, 08:28:03 pm »
I have used sycamore leaves with wonderful results.  BTW, you ought to check out the toilet tissue tablets that you can get on Amazon.  I just got some.  They are nifty wipes for backpackers. 

Fourteen sturdy wipes will fit into one of those little tubes that hikers often use for keeping a small emergency supply of matches dry.  The bottom line, as they say, is that fourteen wipes occupy practically no space at all.

Thanks, but I don't carry buttwipe... Well, I DO, but not much, so I don't use it much... wet weather and emergencies...

I just use grass or cedar bark or some such... if you know how to make a birds nest for lighting a fire, you don't need TP. Just miff the stuff till it's soft and downy, even more than you would for a fire,  and away you go... Then I ain't got to worry about counting squares to make sure I have enough to last.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2017, 08:45:08 pm »

Oh hell. I thought those were printed on at first (which would be fun).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2017, 08:47:21 pm »
Yeah. I had a sandbox as a kid, so that won't wash.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Technical
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2017, 08:49:03 pm »
Oh hell. I thought those were printed on at first (which would be fun).

So did I but then, how could they print it on the sides? That'd be some damn advanced TP design.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »
So did I but then, how could they print it on the sides? That'd be some damn advanced TP design.
Yeah, it would--but it'd be even better.... :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2017, 05:16:55 am »
For what its worth, I'm a bread bag twist & flipper.

Strangely, two of the earlier arguments with my spouse focused on:

(1) Position of toilet seat
(2) Toilet Paper sheet placement (over under discussed here)

0 for two with those wars.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.