Author Topic: Trump unleashes long Twitter tirade day after staff shakeup  (Read 4137 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump unleashes long Twitter tirade day after staff shakeup
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2017, 09:18:19 pm »
It was just 8 years ago when the debate was about Obama's Blackberry- and should a president for national security reasons use one, or even a smartphone. We have come a long way since then, with a president now  using sociial media openly, with no restraint. Scary.

No, we haven't come a long way, rather, we as a society have declined even further. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2017, 09:32:14 pm »
The principle isn't all that new, either.  Before emails we had these things called "memos," and they could be just as damaging if written while hot under the collar.  The only thing that's new about it is the speed of transmission.  "Social media" is not the least bit different.

I'm not much for social media, so that's generally not a problem.  Emails however....I set up a delay on my outbox, and I've trained myself to never answer emails when I'm mad.  Fume first, email much later.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2017, 10:06:52 pm »
The principle isn't all that new, either.  Before emails we had these things called "memos," and they could be just as damaging if written while hot under the collar.  The only thing that's new about it is the speed of transmission.  "Social media" is not the least bit different.

Except a memo can be destroyed.  Once something is sent electronically it exists forever 
God is still in control

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2017, 10:25:08 pm »
The President knows how to govern @Mom MD   He's doing very well considering the Congress he's inherited.  His only other option is to leapfrog over Congress ... would you be more comfortable if the President did this??

As for the President's tweeting .... it's not going to stop.   This has worked too well for him and is a direct link for his supporters.   :shrug:

Are you referring to the Republican majority in both houses?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2017, 12:31:51 am »
Were FDR's fireside chats two hours long?
@Night Hides Not
The average Fireside Chat was seven minutes. ;)

So who will be able to justify another episode of "Presidential Petulance"?
@Night Hides Not
The top ten names if Donaldus Minimus had his own radio show (old time or otherwise) . . .

10. Disinformation, Please
9. Town Hell Tonight
8. 30 Minutes of the Tweetest Music This Side of Heaven's Gate
7. Weird News Today
6. Melania Faces Life
5. The Great Gildedsleaze
4. Trumpsmoke
3. The Halls of Poison Ivy
2. Sleazy Aces

. . . and, the number one name if Donaldus Minimus had his own radio show (old time or otherwise) . . .

1. Fibber McGreed and Melania

(and wouldn't you love to know what would pour out of his closet whenever he opens it!)

Well, I guess you'd have to be an old-time radio lover to get it, but I tried . . . ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:36:27 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2017, 02:41:35 am »
The President's cabinet is all set @Applewood  As for his agenda, doesn't he need the Congress for this?

He needs to lead Congress.  The "I have a pen" excuse just doesn't cut it.  It is all about leadership.  And Trump isn't showing any.  But then he did say during the campaign that he supported the Obamacare mandates.  So I'm not expecting any leadership from the White House on the Obamacare repeal.

Come to think of it, he also said during the campaign that taxes should be raised on hedge fund managers.  So I'm not expecting any leadership on tax reform either.

The President knows how to govern @Mom MD   He's doing very well considering the Congress he's inherited.

Considering the Congress he inherited?  Are you serious?  He is the first GOP President since Eisenhower to begin his Presidency with majorities in both the House and Senate.  Maybe he should stop tweeting and spend some time on Capitol Hill instead showing some actual leadership.

Change is never easy ...

Obama said the same thing verbatim.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-