Author Topic: Trump unleashes long Twitter tirade day after staff shakeup  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump unleashes long Twitter tirade day after staff shakeup
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 04:52:40 pm »
It was just 8 years ago when the debate was about Obama's Blackberry- and should a president for national security reasons use one, or even a smartphone. We have come a long way since then, with a president now  using sociial media openly, with no restraint. Scary.

I never dreamed that Trump would continue to 'tweet' when he became President.  It would have been unthinkable not that long ago.  The very word sounds like teen-speak.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2017, 04:54:45 pm »
Also, I saw that he complains about the NYT. If he hates the NYT, then why is granting interviews to the NYT?

That was a huge, terrible, awful, gigantic mistake.  He should pretend that the NYTimes does not exist and it really doesn't anymore as a respected newspaper.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2017, 05:09:56 pm »
It was just 8 years ago when the debate was about Obama's Blackberry- and should a president for national security reasons use one, or even a smartphone. We have come a long way since then, with a president now  using sociial media openly, with no restraint. Scary.

Yes, but HRC was allowing the dissemination of classified information by misuse of her Blackberry and other systems.  I don't see the equivalence here. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2017, 05:26:31 pm »
They obviously generate some upset in you .... perhaps it's best you just ignore them.  Your health will be better for it.

Actually, I just shake my head at them.  You see, it comes as no surprise...I'm originally from New York, and I know people who dealt with the guy.  I knew he'd never become honest, deep, thick-skinned, etc.

Don't worry about me.  I'm not a fragile snowflake like the Trump crowd who get so disrupted by anyone pointing out their charlatan's weaknesses.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2017, 06:59:47 pm »
Actually, I just shake my head at them.  You see, it comes as no surprise...I'm originally from New York, and I know people who dealt with the guy.   .../   

Of course you do.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:00:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2017, 07:05:05 pm »
They obviously generate some upset in you .... perhaps it's best you just ignore them.  Your health will be better for it.

@Right_in_Virginia
Maybe trump  hold learn how to govern and put the twitter account away   Our country would be better for it.  Although I must say I'm amused by the length his true believers will go to defend his juvenile behavior
God is still in control

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2017, 07:09:59 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
Maybe trump  hold learn how to govern and put the twitter account away   Our country would be better for it.  Although I must say I'm amused by the length his true believers will go to defend his juvenile behavior

It's not just the 'true believers' Mom MD.  A lot of us were so happy to get rid of Hillary we decided to put the Trump hate aside and support him if we could.

I gotta say ... it's getting harder and his TB's here are not helping his cause even if they think they are.  Their irrational spates of madness if Ted Cruz is even mentioned makes one wonder ...

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2017, 07:15:27 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

The President knows how to govern @Mom MD   He's doing very well considering the Congress he's inherited.  His only other option is to leapfrog over Congress ... would you be more comfortable if the President did this??

As for the President's tweeting .... it's not going to stop.   This has worked too well for him and is a direct link for his supporters.   :shrug:

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2017, 07:17:33 pm »
Their irrational spates of madness if Ted Cruz is even mentioned makes one wonder ...

The Cult of Cruz (CoC) rears its whiny head again ....   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2017, 07:25:33 pm »
The Cult of Cruz (CoC) rears its whiny head again ....   *****rollingeyes*****

That you call them a "cult" says more about you than about them.  Roll them eyes the other way.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2017, 07:31:52 pm »
The President knows how to govern @Mom MD   He's doing very well considering the Congress he's inherited.  His only other option is to leapfrog over Congress ... would you be more comfortable if the President did this??

As for the President's tweeting .... it's not going to stop.   This has worked too well for him and is a direct link for his supporters.   :shrug:

If you call that working well for him    :silly:
God is still in control

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2017, 07:36:55 pm »
Anyone who loves the tweets, whether in actuality or the sarcastic way, get ready.  If you caught Scaramucci on Fox News Sunday, you heard him hint at all the ways they're going to get the message out.  Prepare yourself for things like this when he rolls out his agenda.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LyONt_ZH_aw

Replace 'steaks' with tax cuts, healthcare, border wall, etc.....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2017, 07:38:04 pm »
If you call that working well for him    :silly:

We've already seen the contents of his tweets used in court decisions against him.  A dangerous precedent is being set here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2017, 07:38:36 pm »
That you call them a "cult" says more about you than about them.  Roll them eyes the other way.

Really?   :mauslaff:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2017, 07:40:31 pm »
Really?   :mauslaff:

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean it's funny.  Sort of sad actually.

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2017, 07:40:54 pm »
We've already seen the contents of his tweets used in court decisions against him.  A dangerous precedent is being set here.

I don't think it's "dangerous" ... but it is unprecedented and I think this is what makes so many so uncomfortable.  Change is never easy ... and apparently going from the 20th to the 21st Century is quite difficult.    :shrug:

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2017, 07:41:41 pm »

And there it is ... classic projection.

Love ya @Sanguine !

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2017, 07:46:34 pm »

'Zackly.  Here, let me drop in a set of these of my own...  *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2017, 07:46:36 pm »
And there it is ... classic projection.

Love ya @Sanguine !

Ummm, no sorry, but that's not an example of projection, classic or otherwise.  Try again.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2017, 07:50:37 pm »
I don't think it's "dangerous" ... but it is unprecedented and I think this is what makes so many so uncomfortable.  Change is never easy ... and apparently going from the 20th to the 21st Century is quite difficult.    :shrug:

No, it's dangerous.  Don't be a fool.  It's being used as a means to ferret out what a man is thinking in order to come to a legal conclusion about his intent, and we don't even have confirmation Trump actually tweeted what we see.  Nobody saw him say it!  This is very improper handling of evidence. 

It's dangerous.  Wake up.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2017, 07:53:24 pm »
Ummm, no sorry, but that's not an example of projection, classic or otherwise.  Try again.

Agreed.  Since I'm the one who made the original comment that is being poo-pooed, that makes me a bit of an expert in this case.  She totally didn't "get it."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2017, 08:12:10 pm »

I live firmly in the 21st century and even do some software programming for the company I work for.   Not everyone who disagrees with you is a Luddite.  Trump is a juvenile ass who when he actually does something right derails it with his next set of boorish tweets.  I don't allow temper tantrums in my children and I don't like it in a president.
God is still in control

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2017, 08:23:31 pm »
And as I have to repeatedly counsel my younger supposedly more tech savvy junior colleagues, nothing good happens on social media and once there it is there forever.   In addition several have learned the hard way not to reply by email to anything vaguely controversial until they have slept on it for the same reason.  I have seen careers severely damaged  by an ill thought or hasty text or email.  Trump does real and lasting damage to himself with his tweets
God is still in control

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2017, 08:38:14 pm »
And as I have to repeatedly counsel my younger supposedly more tech savvy junior colleagues, nothing good happens on social media and once there it is there forever.   In addition several have learned the hard way not to reply by email to anything vaguely controversial until they have slept on it for the same reason.  I have seen careers severely damaged  by an ill thought or hasty text or email.  Trump does real and lasting damage to himself with his tweets

The principle isn't all that new, either.  Before emails we had these things called "memos," and they could be just as damaging if written while hot under the collar.  The only thing that's new about it is the speed of transmission.  "Social media" is not the least bit different. 
I will NOT comply.