Author Topic: Peter W. Smith, GOP operative who sought Clinton's emails from Russian hackers, committed suicide, records show  (Read 755 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Katherine Skiba, David Heinzmann and Todd LightyContact ReportersChicago Tribune

A Republican donor and operative from Chicago's North Shore who said he had tried to obtain Hillary Clinton's missing emails from Russian hackers killed himself in a Minnesota hotel room days after talking to The Wall Street Journal about his efforts, public records show.

In mid-May, in a room at a Rochester hotel used almost exclusively by Mayo Clinic patients and relatives, Peter W. Smith, 81, left a carefully prepared file of documents, including a statement police called a suicide note in which he said he was in ill health and a life insurance policy was expiring.

more
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-peter-smith-death-met-0713-20170713-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

Online mountaineer

He was murdered. 

/tinfoil
At least it wasn't suicide by two shotgun blasts to the back of the head. This one's a bit more plausible.  :pondering:   ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
At least it wasn't suicide by two shotgun blasts to the back of the head. This one's a bit more plausible.  :pondering:   ^-^

Sigh...

I know I'll regret asking you about this, but WTF are you talking about?

Online mountaineer

At least one of the Clinton-linked "suicides" during their Arkansas days supposedly did the deed by shooting himself (or herself, don't recall) in the back of the head.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
He was murdered. 

/tinfoil
Counterpoint:

It was all legit. The Clintons would never do something like this and cover it up.

/sarcasm
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

EXCLUSIVE: Doubt Surfaces About ‘Suicide’ Claim of Clinton Investigator

Posted By Richard Pollock On 5:56 PM 07/14/2017 In | No Comments

A Wall Street analyst who spoke to Peter Smith the day before he reportedly committed suicide told the Daily Caller News Foundation there were no indications the Chicago businessman and anti-Clinton political investigator was about to take his life.

“He may have been a fantastic actor but I certainly didn’t leave that phone call saying, ‘oh shit, the guy’s at the end of his rope,’” Charles Ortel, a Wall Street investment banker and market analyst, told The Daily Caller News Foundation’s (TheDCNF) Investigative Group.

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/14/exclusive-doubt-surfaces-about-suicide-claim-of-clinton-investigator/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Investigate that, too. There is a long list of bodies that should be examined...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
LOL

Less than 24 hours ago, posters were ridiculing a democrat suggestion of a conspiracy.

Offline Mod1