Author Topic: Maine Democrat apologizes for anti-Trump rant: ‘If I ever get within 10 feet of that p–-‘  (Read 591 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Times
By Jessica Chasmar
Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Maine state lawmaker has apologized amid calls to resign over a threatening Facebook post about President Trump.

“Trump is a half term president, at most, especially if I ever get within 10 feet of that p—,” Democratic state Rep. Scott Hamann, of South Portland, wrote in a Facebook post Tuesday, according to a screenshot published by The Daily Caller.

Mr. Hamann called the president a joke, a rapist, a racist, a liar and un-American in the lengthy rant.

Maine GOP Chair Demi Kouzounas denounced the comments and called on Speaker of the House Sara Gideon to demand Mr. Hamann’s resignation, the Bangor Daily News reported.

“Words cannot even begin to describe the level of revulsion I feel after reading Representative Scott Hamann’s recent tirade that has come to light,” Ms. Kouzounas said in a statement. “Perhaps the most alarming aspect of this tirade is an implied death threat against our president.”

Mr. Hamann apologized Wednesday for using “inappropriate” language to voice his frustration.

“I regret my impulsive decision to post something aggressively sarcastic and inappropriate in a Facebook exchange with a childhood friend,” he said in a written statement. “While the tone of the post was born out of frustration with the vile language currently surrounding politics, I should not have responded with the same language.

“This is not language I typically use, it does not reflect my personal values, and while misguided, it was intended to make a visceral point about the devolving political discourse in America,” he said.

A representative of the U.S. Secret Service said that they are aware of Mr. Hamann’s comments and have opened an investigation.

Click to Read More
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/12/scott-hamann-maine-democrat-apologizes-for-threate/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.