Author Topic: Senate to delay recess  (Read 1219 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate to delay recess
« on: July 11, 2017, 10:00:37 pm »
Senate to delay recess
By Jordain Carney - 07/11/17 01:42 PM EDT

Share to Facebook
1.8KShare to Twitter
Share to Google+

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced Tuesday that the Senate will delay the August recess as senators scramble to catch up with a GOP agenda that is months behind schedule.

“In order to provide more time to complete action on important legislative items and process nominees that have been stalled by a lack of cooperation from our friends across the aisle, the Senate will delay the start of the August recess until the third week of August," McConnell said.

Senators had been scheduled to leave town at the end of July and not return to Washington until early September.

With the change, the Senate will now work the first two weeks in August, with the break starting on Aug. 14.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/341480-senate-to-delay-recess
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Senate to delay recess
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 10:27:18 pm »
They should all be locked in an un-air conditioned room until they pass an Obamacare REPEAL.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:55:51 pm »
OK kids, no recess until you clean up your mess.  Class has to stay indoors until you learn your manners.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:59:35 pm »
Poor babies!  Actually having to act like they are doing their jobs for a couple of weeks more than planned!   Sad!  /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 12:11:57 am »
Poor babies!  Actually having to act like they are doing their jobs for a couple of weeks more than planned!   Sad!  /s

They haven't needed a recess since the advent of Air Conditioning.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 12:23:20 am »

I have the opposite opinion. The sooner they get out of DC the sooner they stop screwing up the country.

They should take a permanent vacation. We'll do just fine without them.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 12:32:27 am »
I have the opposite opinion. The sooner they get out of DC the sooner they stop screwing up the country.

They should take a permanent vacation. We'll do just fine without them.

Sorry Frank but they actually do have constitutional duties and they need to be made to perform them!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 12:38:40 am »
Sorry Frank but they actually do have constitutional duties and they need to be made to perform them!

I think I have seen them perform enough dooty's over the last couple decades.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 12:47:24 am »
OK kids, no recess until you clean up your mess.  Class has to stay indoors until you learn your manners.

No Recess?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 02:22:57 am »

Man, I hated when the Nuns did that.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 03:36:13 am »

'SomeONE has been chewing gum. There will be no recess until I find out who.'

We were a pretty solid lot.
If they didn't fess up, we would take care of it later.
(The fat kid would 'trip' and fall on 'em playing marbles or something like that...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 10:01:21 am »
I think they're all relieved they won't have to come face-to-face with constituents.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 12:22:28 pm »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 01:56:14 pm »

I think I had like 12 wooden rulers busted across my knuckles in the first grade!  Those damned nuns are MEAN I tell ya!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »
I think I had like 12 wooden rulers busted across my knuckles in the first grade!  Those damned nuns are MEAN I tell ya!

That was back in the day when the walk to school was 10 miles long.  Uphill...both ways and those 36 inch suckers were made out of real hardwood. None of this namby pamby balsa wood looking stuff they pass off today as a ruler at Home Depot today. My Nuns used carve notches in theirs after each whack.  I had a good 1/3 of that ruler marked off in 1/4 inches devoted to little ole me. I would have made the full yard had I not been promoted to the next grade and got a lay teacher.  She was some hippy liberal fresh out of the U of W who didn't believe in corporal punishment or some such nonsense...