Author Topic: Everybody Is Forgetting That Clinton Allies Did The Same Thing As Don Jr.  (Read 8037 times)

Offline ConservativeGranny

So , in an election year.. or any year, you think it is wrong/illegal to do opposition research with a foreign national?

When the "foreign national" is an enemy of the United States on a mission to disrupt and interfere in our free elections yes. In fact it may rise to the term "treason". That's an old-fashioned term now I've heard.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Trump Jr. doing prison time for purgery?  When was he under oath??

No it wasn't perjury. It was just plain ole lyin'. That's okie dokie nowadays ya know.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
When the "foreign national" is an enemy of the United States on a mission to disrupt and interfere in our free elections yes. In fact it may rise to the term "treason". That's an old-fashioned term now I've heard.

Trump created a lot of his own problems with this who Russia thing by being an obnoxious fool who thinks its cute to rub people's faces in it. I mean, the idiot stood on stage and asked Russia to hack Clinton emails for him.

He won't survive it because he doesn't have the full support of the GOP and he certainly doesn't have the full support of conservatives. Frankly I couldn't care less if he's impeached but suspect he'll quit before that happens.

Offline NavyCanDo

Trump Jr. doing prison time for purgery?  When was he under oath??

He will be raising his right hand soon enough, and the questioning will be rough. Not seeing this going anywhere else.Its not a nothingburger.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

"Whataboutism", is not a defense.

We are supposed to be better than this....

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

Trump created a lot of his own problems with this who Russia thing by being an obnoxious fool who thinks its cute to rub people's faces in it. I mean, the idiot stood on stage and asked Russia to hack Clinton emails for him.

He won't survive it because he doesn't have the full support of the GOP and he certainly doesn't have the full support of conservatives. Frankly I couldn't care less if he's impeached but suspect he'll quit before that happens.

I think he might pull a Palin either before the 18 midterms or after the 18 midterms.. But I could be wrong.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Right. Haphazard novices should not be doing this. Russian collusion should be left to skilled hands......

WRONG!

Haphazard novices are exactly who should be colluding with Russia, because they don't know they are colluding, and therefore are not as responsible for their actions.

Getting to the topic of this thread, I know I am often critical of President Trump, but that was before I found this article explaining that Clinton was also a bag of crap.  God Bless you, Mr. President! :patriot:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:36:50 am by Once-Ler »

Offline jpsb

Of ourse they are going to deny it. They are already dealing with sanctions because of hacking, do they need more?   The email exchange was daming enough, and Trump Jr may face something Hillary did not, prison time, for purgery and false statements if nothing else.

@NavyCanDo

When did Jr testify under oath and what did he say?

Silver Pines

Steve Deace had a point yesterday---God has never blessed any nation for running on the philosophy "the other guys are worse."

Silver Pines

So now it is against the law to talk to a Russian national? Just what exactly is the crime here? This and the entire Trump colluded with Russia is a big nothing burger. Thankfully the America people see thru all this fabricated BS.

@jpsb

For months, the Trump administration has said no contact took place with Russia.  Now we know that was a lie.  What else are lying about?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Steve Deace had a point yesterday---God has never blessed any nation for running on the philosophy "the other guys are worse."

*****rollingeyes*****

Silver Pines

*****rollingeyes*****

@Right_in_Virginia

He's right.  Even though I know all that God stuff is so gauche and all.

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

For months, the Trump administration has said no contact took place with Russia.  Now we know that was a lie.  What else are lying about?

That is not true, they said they got no help from the Russian government officials. This lawyer was not a gov official and she provided no help. You Nevertrumpers will stoop to any action and tell any lie in your blind hatred of all things Trump. I say again where is the crime by Trump in any of this  Russian nonsense.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 12:44:26 pm by jpsb »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

He's right.  Even though I know all that God stuff is so gauche and all.

God stuff is perfectly fine. 

But the quote has nothing to do with God ... and all to do with an attempt to give an idiotic thesis "God cover". 

Hence:   *****rollingeyes*****

@CatherineofAragon

Silver Pines

That is not true, they said they got no help from the Russian government officials. This lawyer was not a gov official and she provided no help. You Nevertrumpers will stoop to any action and tell any lie in your blind hatred of all things Trump. I say again where is the crime by Trump in any of this  Russian nonsense.

@jpsb, I don't know why I keep trying to have a rational discussion with you.  Right out of the gate you start yelling about hate and NeverTrumpers.  So go fluff Trump to your heart's content.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
So now it is against the law to talk to a Russian national? Just what exactly is the crime here? This and the entire Trump colluded with Russia is a big nothing burger. Thankfully the America people see thru all this fabricated BS.

Not quite.   The alleged information was labeled as coming from the Russian government, not a mere Russian national,  and offered because of the Russian government's "support" for Trump's campaign.    Do you vet such an offer?   The prudent route is avoid it like the plague.   But if you're going to vet it, and (it appears) reject it,  why the heck do you then issue denials of Russian collusion when it's clear the Russians at least tried to penetrate the Trump campaign?   Why don't you AGREE with the consensus that Russia was up to no good and release the e-mails months ago as proof of Russian penetration attempts and the Trump campaign's rejection of them?

As always, it's the cover-up that'll get ya.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@jpsb, I don't know why I keep trying to have a rational discussion with you.  Right out of the gate you start yelling about hate and NeverTrumpers.  So go fluff Trump to your heart's content.

The excuses and justifications are growing increasingly bizarre and erratic. I think my current favorite is 'Sure it was illegal but Jr. is just a political novice who couldn't have been expected to know what the rest of us know instinctively'. To top it off it comes in a thread asking if we have forgotten what Clinton did. Apparently Jr either did forget what Clinton did or was using her crime as a model for his own.

Offline jpsb

Not quite.   The alleged information was labeled as coming from the Russian government, not a mere Russian national,  and offered because of the Russian government's "support" for Trump's campaign.    Do you vet such an offer?   The prudent route is avoid it like the plague.   But if you're going to vet it, and (it appears) reject it,  why the heck do you then issue denials of Russian collusion when it's clear the Russians at least tried to penetrate the Trump campaign?   Why don't you AGREE with the consensus that Russia was up to no good and release the e-mails months ago as proof of Russian penetration attempts and the Trump campaign's rejection of them?

As always, it's the cover-up that'll get ya.

Was Jr foolish for taking the meeting himself? Yes, but he broke no laws, even if he flew to Moscow and had a meeting with Putin himself about Hillary he still would not have broken any laws.

Offline jpsb

I get upset when people lie about what Trump said, I don't have the text in front of me but he said "he did not get any help from Russian officials" and did not consult with Russian officials about his campaign. He never said he or his campaign had no connect with anyone from Russia.

Offline jpsb

The excuses and justifications are growing increasingly bizarre and erratic. I think my current favorite is 'Sure it was illegal but Jr. is just a political novice who couldn't have been expected to know what the rest of us know instinctively'. To top it off it comes in a thread asking if we have forgotten what Clinton did. Apparently Jr either did forget what Clinton did or was using her crime as a model for his own.

What was illegal? Please site the federal law Jr broke by talking to a Russian national.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Was Jr foolish for taking the meeting himself? Yes, but he broke no laws, even if he flew to Moscow and had a meeting with Putin himself about Hillary he still would not have broken any laws.

Federal election law makes it a felony to accept or solicit a campaign donation from a foreign national or a foreign government.   For this purpose, a donation usually consists of funneled cash, but is broadly defined as "anything of value".   

That Trump, Jr. came away empty handed doesn't change the reality that soliciting a foreign campaign donation is illegal even if the donation doesn't actually take place.  Again, the issue may come down to whether the Clinton dirt Trump, Jr. was advised that the "Russian government" might be able to provide was an expectation of getting something valuable.   His reaction to the offer - labeled as coming from the Russian government as a token of its "support" for Trump's campaign - was "I love it!"

Is opposition research something of value?   Does the answer change if the supplier of that information paid money to obtain it?    According to the FEC and this morning's WSJ, the definition "can encompass goods or services, like air travel or food, provided free or at below-market rates. Information can be a gift too, like polling data or donor lists."   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 01:50:38 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline skeeter

Federal election law makes it a felony to accept or solicit a campaign donation from a foreign national or a foreign government.   For this purpose, a donation usually consists of funneled cash, but is broadly defined as "anything of value".   

That Trump, Jr. came away empty handed doesn't change the reality that soliciting a foreign campaign donation is illegal even if the donation doesn't actually take place.  Again, the issue may come down to whether the Clinton dirt Trump, Jr. was advised that the "Russian government" might be able to provide was an expectation of getting something valuable.   His reaction to the offer - labeled as coming from the Russian government as a token of its "support" for Trump's campaign - was "I love it!"

Is opposition research something of value?   Does the answer change if the supplier of that information paid money to obtain it?    According to the FEC and this morning's WSJ, the definition "can encompass goods or services, like air travel or food, provided free or at below-market rates. Information can be a gift too, like polling data or donor lists."

It's not 'whataboutism' to question the sincerity of Trump's critics when they appear entirely unconcerned about the many instances where the Clintons' apparently benefited politically from foreign interference, yet get the vapors in the case of Trump Jr.

I'm sick of the double standard. They want to prosecute Trump Jr, fine. Then prosecute Clinton. Or they can get bent.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:17:48 pm by skeeter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's not 'whataboutism' to question the sincerity of Trump's critics when they appear entirely unconcerned about the many instances where the Clintons' apparently benefited politically from foreign interference, yet get the vapors in the case of Trump Jr.

I'm sick of the double standard. They want to prosecute Trump Jr, fine. Then prosecute Clinton. Or they can get bent.

That's the political response, and entirely understandable.   But it's not good to deny for months campaign contacts with Russian officials and then have this come out.   It's the cover up that'll get ya. 

Offline skeeter

That's the political response, and entirely understandable.   But it's not good to deny for months campaign contacts with Russian officials and then have this come out.   It's the cover up that'll get ya.

I disagree - its Trump's critics that are being political. Selective application of the law is as unethical as it gets.

And who said anything about contact with Russian officials? Unless new info has come out since yesterday this lady is a lawyer who claims no connection with her government.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:26:22 pm by skeeter »