Author Topic: The Foolishness of Never Trumpers  (Read 23292 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: The Foolishness of Never Trumpers
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2017, 01:24:03 am »
72 posts into the thread ... and no discussion, pro or con, on the actual substance of the article.  For instance, are there no thoughts on this passage from the article:
One of my favorite statements from the Never Trumpers is that Trump is not really a conservative. This is after his successful appointment of Neil Gorsuch, his nomination of many other judges who have not been questioned as to their conservative credentials and enacting what some believe is the single most conservative cabinet in U.S. history. Just by appointing Scott Pruitt at EPA, Betsy DeVos at the Education Department and Scott Gottlieb at the FDA -- not to mention Ajit Pai at the FCC -- is enough to warm the hearts of any Republican. His constant campaigning for Republican candidates and the victories has no effect on the Never Trumpers. His tax proposal and move to dismantle Obamacare does not mollify them. His moves at the border causing the reduction of illegal entries does not seemingly encourage them. None of these have given solace to the Never Trumpers.

I've been saying this for months now .... has no one else a thought on this:
If the Never Trumpers were paying attention, they would be reading the attacks on Vice President Pence. In the Left’s dream scenario, Trump will either resign or be impeached. They are already softening the ground that Pence walks on with attacks on him. If there ever was proof positive that it isn’t Trump, Google Pence and read the multitude of columns attacking the possibility of him being president.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2017, 01:47:28 am »
72 posts into the thread ... and no discussion, pro or con, on the actual substance of the article. 

BRRZZZZZZZZZTTTT!!!!!

WRONG.

Go back up to reply No. 19.  The article was quoted from the snippets provided and replied to directly.

You overlooked it.

Or chose to ignore it, but there was discussion about the actual substance of the article made.

But let's get to your chosen snippets:

...and enacting what some believe is the single most conservative cabinet in U.S. history

some believe...

I'm not one of the 'some'.  Their fruits are yet to be determined.

But 'Conservative'??

Trump's daughter, who apparently has some kind of office in his cabinet is suggesting policy mandates (i.e.: paid family leave) along with sitting in for her daddy among world leaders when he has to go tinkle and just after he urged them to pony up taxpayer funds for her foundation initiative that he said he was giving 50 million in taxpayer bucks to 'jumpstart' it.

...is enough to warm the hearts of any Republican. His constant campaigning for Republican candidates and the victories has no effect on the Never Trumpers.

That would be explicitly due the fact we are not Republicans first and foremost.  We are Conservatives first and foremost.   Some of us - are no longer part of your inept, corrupt and useless party.

His tax proposal and move to dismantle Obamacare does not mollify them.

He tosses a few crumbs to placate Conservative notions? (after threatening to primary the members of the Freedom Caucus that opposed his total support for the first GOP ObamaCare rewrite), and suddenly we're supposed to kiss his ass in devotionals forevermore???  I find this hilarious since just about every Conservative on this board thumbed-up Trump's call to totally repeal ObamaCare after the rewrite of ObamaCare looked to fail once again in the Senate, and the Trump Militant disparaged the thumbs up from those they now consider 'enemies'.  Or as they all said to us last year - they did not want, nor need our help.

His moves at the border causing the reduction of illegal entries does not seemingly encourage them. None of these have given solace to the Never Trumpers.

Do we really want to start citing all his walk backs from The Wall to deporting Dreamers to slowing the rates of Muslim 'refugees' that has not happened yet?

As to the worries over Trumps resignation or impeachment and worries over Pence - I don't even bother to pay that crap any mind or attention at all.

Might as well threaten us that the Democrats will take all our guns away if impeachment articles are filed in the House against Trump.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2017, 01:53:26 am »
72 posts into the thread ... and no discussion, pro or con, on the actual substance of the article.  For instance, are there no thoughts on this passage from the article:

I've been saying this for months now .... has no one else a thought on this:

I do @Right_in_Virginia

One of my favorite statements from the Never Trumpers is that Trump is not really a conservative.
   He's not, he's just playing one and I will add somewhat successfully cause a lot of people believe him.
This is after his successful appointment of Neil Gorsuch, his nomination of many other judges who have not been questioned as to their conservative credentials and enacting what some believe is the single most conservative cabinet in U.S. history. Just by appointing Scott Pruitt at EPA, Betsy DeVos at the Education Department and Scott Gottlieb at the FDA -- not to mention Ajit Pai at the FCC -- is enough to warm the hearts of any Republican.
This has as much to do with that nutless wonder McConnell finally growing a set as Trump nominating them
   His constant campaigning for Republican candidates and the victories has no effect on the Never Trumpers.
   Don't forget his Threats of primaring, just recently, members of the HFC
His tax proposal and move to dismantle Obamacare does not mollify them.
   Yea get back to me when something worthwhile actually happens.
His moves at the border causing the reduction of illegal entries does not seemingly encourage them. None of these have given solace to the Never Trumpers.
Four letters DACA
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2017, 01:55:49 am »
    Low hanging fruit there @INVAR GMTA :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2017, 01:58:00 am »
    I do @Right_in_Virginia  .../   

Good start @corbe    But if you can move past the emotion and stay with the facts, you and I could have some meaningful discussions.

I'm looking forward to it.   :beer:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2017, 01:59:36 am »
Is this person crazy?  He actually believes Americans should refrain from criticizing a president?

Maybe he'd be happier living in a monarchy.
After the primaries, After what has been one of most incredible campaigns of smears and lies, to try to throw that rule, of all rules, in our faces is laughable. Oh, Hell NO!  :silly:

If I can't say anything good, I will still call 'em as I see 'em.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:00:37 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2017, 02:04:00 am »
   I wish that were so @Right_in_Virginia and the hangup is clearly on my end, I just never developed a fondness for NY Liberals, regardless of the party that nominates them and the labels everyone plasters all over them. 
   Hopefully after his reelection yall will set up camps for my reeducation, tax free of course covered by Trumpcare.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2017, 02:04:59 am »
This thread calls for one of these:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2017, 02:10:21 am »
   I wish that were so @Right_in_Virginia and the hangup is clearly on my end, I just never developed a fondness for NY Liberals, regardless of the party that nominates them and the labels everyone plasters all over them. 
   Hopefully after his reelection yall will set up camps for my reeducation, tax free of course covered by Trumpcare.

Did you forget the sarcasm tag @corbe    :pondering:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2017, 02:12:24 am »
Single most conservative cabinet?  Shall we discuss Rex Tillerson then?

Online corbe

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2017, 02:15:26 am »
   No sarcasm, @Right_in_Virginia  by then I will be ready:

removed incendiary picture for Forum decorum.-edit

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:18:04 am by corbe »

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2017, 02:18:27 am »
   No sarcasm, @Right_in_Virginia  by then I will be ready:

Allrighty then .... I'm going to quietly leave this thread @corbe and pray you do not follow me.   :whistle:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:18:46 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2017, 02:31:18 am »
The job of the public/voter is to question their leaders and not follow lock-step behind everything they say.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2017, 02:37:39 am »
We are just so proud to have a president that insults another man's wife and insults a former President's daughter.
Our hearts just go pitter patter every time he gets his twitter going.
Does this mean that those who climax at every one of Donaldus Minimus's self-destructive tweets are simply Twitterpated? ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Silver Pines

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2017, 02:38:48 am »
After the primaries, After what has been one of most incredible campaigns of smears and lies, to try to throw that rule, of all rules, in our faces is laughable. Oh, Hell NO!  :silly:

If I can't say anything good, I will still call 'em as I see 'em.

@Smokin Joe

And a hallelujah from this corner...

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2017, 02:44:35 am »
Bruce Bialosky  Posted: Jul 09, 2017 12:01 AM

You might have thought that once the election was over that the Never Trumpers would have wised up and at least have abided by the old rule, “If you cannot say something nice, then don’t say anything at all.” It seems that at least some of them have not wised up at all and realized they are enabling their own political adversaries by besmirching a Republican president.
I thought this was what Donaldus Minimus's sycophancy said during the election campaign, too, and well enough before the
primaries ended and the general campaign began.

You have not converted a man because you have silenced him.---John Viscount Morley.

Their misguided thinking was recently exemplified by Jonah Goldberg, one of the leaders of the Never Trump movement. On May 26th, Goldberg wrote (in his stream of consciousness published by National Review every Friday): “I have no problem with the President firing Jim Comey. I have no objection, in principle, to Trump declassifying information. I loved his counterprogramming to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. But the way Trump does these things and so many others is counterproductive precisely because he doesn’t know how to do them to his advantage — and that’s because he doesn’t know where the lines are. The Invisi-Fences are like the security lasers in some ridiculous heist movie. Every time Trump crosses one, he gets cut and bleeds a little more political capital, in part because his missteps undercut his image as a mastermind who thinks six steps ahead.”[/b]
It's not for nothing that even some of Donaldus Minimus's otherwise staunchest supporters shake their heads
while reminding themselves and us that his own actual worst enemy is himself.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2017, 02:52:03 am »
Good start @corbe    But if you can move past the emotion and stay with the facts, you and I could have some meaningful discussions.

And that right there is a perfect example of why a "meaningful discussion" is impossible with GOP Party Loyalists and Trump acolytes.

Why bother? 

Because just like the Left - a "Meaningful discussion" or "Dialog" requires that we drop any opposition or critical observations whatsoever, because you folks deem it 'emotional' and 'without basis in facts', without citing any facts beyond insistent statements made as though they are holy writ. 

You decry that there was no 'discussion' "pro-or con' about the substance of the Op-Ed.  You were told that was not true because a direct reply to the author's points was already made earlier in the thread.

Now you suggest we must move past 'emotion' and 'stay with facts' in order to have a 'meaningful discussion'?

What "facts" would those be?  That some state Trump is the greatest Conservative since George Washington and Ronald Reagan? Those kinds of 'facts' I read ad nauseum from those writing hit pieces against anyone not walking in lock-step with your leader?

This is just like the arguments one would have with a Climate Change nutcase.  No amount of logic, proof of fraud or or common sense will detract the True Believer from declaring everyone who does not walk in lockstep with their leaders and agenda to be a 'heretic' or worse.

"Meaningful discussions' are as elusive with them as you are illustrating them to be with Always Trump.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2017, 03:20:23 am »

You have not converted a man because you have silenced him.---John Viscount Morley.

All it means is that you don't hear when they mass against you to march.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2017, 03:33:46 am »
I was a little chilly tonight. Good to see the fire still burning.....

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2017, 03:34:03 am »
All it means is that you don't hear when they mass against you to march.
Plus ça Change, Plus c'est la Même Chose

From the Silent Majority to the Silenced Majority? NO!

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2017, 04:32:27 am »
Single most conservative cabinet?  Shall we discuss Rex Tillerson then?

Oh yes lets discuss Tillerson and his homosexual agenda
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Silver Pines

« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2017, 11:34:45 am »

Tillerson---the man who said Russia and America have the same objectives in Syria?  And that where we differ, Russia might be correct?

That dude is in over his head.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2017, 12:10:25 pm »

What homosexual agenda?  For many years Tillerson headed a company that held the line against this onslaught. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2017, 12:21:28 pm »
Tillerson---the man who said Russia and America have the same objectives in Syria?  And that where we differ, Russia might be correct?

That dude is in over his head.

Trump’s Sec. of State Rex Tillerson Lobbied For Gay Youth in Boy Scouts

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/trumps-sec-state-rex-tillerson-lobbied-gay-youth-boy-scouts

“No youth may be denied membership in the Boy Scouts of America on the basis of sexual orientation or preference alone.”

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2017, 12:50:14 pm »
Trump’s Sec. of State Rex Tillerson Lobbied For Gay Youth in Boy Scouts

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/trumps-sec-state-rex-tillerson-lobbied-gay-youth-boy-scouts

“No youth may be denied membership in the Boy Scouts of America on the basis of sexual orientation or preference alone.”

His position at ExxonMobil was direct opposite.  He even mentioned he would not crater to pressure to provide same sex benefits, when other  companies were caving.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.